• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Son - Mom, why do some Switch games say deluxe? I can't find any other versions.

Mother - Nintendo took a hiatus after the Wii to spend extra time on these games. There was nothing before the Switch.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
You+wish+bitch+_175eb9060985edabe282d6587413ff98.jpg

Post of the year

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It is kinda silly to have a website for a Wii peripheral in 2019.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been one Wii U game ported/remastered for Switch that hasnt trounced the Wii U version in sales and/or performance?

Man do I regret buying the Wii U. So much so that I havent bought a Switch yet and I have in the past bought every Nintendo system at launch.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
What is this Wii U thing you people talk about, is it an accessory to the Wii?
Console accessories usually fail.
Is that like an add-on for the Wii?
It is kinda silly to have a website for a Wii peripheral in 2019.
Wii Who? There was a console between the Wii and the Switch? (lol)

giphy.gif

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo Mario Kart 8 was a great ass game

and Super Mario 3D World was good

and...Smash was fun?

Honestly I forget I even was a Wii U owner.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Man, not even Sony fans dunked on the Vita as hard as Nintendo fans that are gladly dunking on the WiiU now lol

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Now we won't be able to easily compare the prices when WiiU ports cost more on Switch.

Unless I misunderstood, the Wii U game pages are still on there, just not the game pages for Wii games (or the main Wii U hardware page). Please do correct me if I'm wrong, though. (This should also mean Wii games purchasable on the Wii U eShop are still listed, too.)

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
😭 You could have been so much more if you were just marketed correctly from day one.

I mean they did a superb job letting people know the Switch was new and different (like you can't frickin tell with a new name, a new look and it seems handheld till you put it to the tb and realise damn it's both)

All they had to do at E3 was Announce it was a brand new console.

The ads during and after release should have targeted to the audience like something out of the 90's " ⚠️This is NOT ❌ a Silly accessory for your Wii, NO this is a BRAND new console, with extra POWER 🔌🔋⚡️⚡️⚡️, new games, new accessories and new features "

"This is a WiiU, it has X the amount of POWERRRRR ⚡️⚡️⚡️ of the OLD Wii, now it's successor has ARRIVED, do "U" have what it takes to get to the NEXT LEVEL of gaming with power of the Nintendo WiiU"

Like the Wii, only Newer, buy Nintendo's new console the WiiU, to play new and exciting games NOT compatible with the OLD wii"

I mean they could have even done this a year and a half into release to boost it a bit.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
The greatest little emulator box you can buy for Nintendo games. I need to blow mine wide open soon enough and get everything up to Wii running.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
At least I got Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the Wii U and that'll probably never be ported anywhere else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Advc

Nov 3, 2017

"The all new Wii U gamepad controller", that just reinforced the confusion and the "Is this an add-on for the Wii?" even more. How they managed to screw it up so badddd with the marketing!? The Wii U should be used as an official subject on business degrees as a prime example of how not to promote your product.

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
Wii won't forget U.

I loved my Wii U and still enthusiastically collect for it. A cult curio item or non-starting also-ran, it's legacy is being a surrogate for select Switch standouts and a divisive controller that sank it.

The sooner all the gems sparkle on Switch too the better though. A spruced up 3D World with even a few more new playable characters would be quite the ticket.

Oct 29, 2017
Crazy to think that the Wii U ended up getting outsold by the NES & SNES mini (when combined); absolutely disastrous!

At least it's getting a second life now with the Switch, but it'll always go down as a massive missed opportunity. There's so much more that could've been done with its two screen gameplay that sadly we'll never get to see now. A real shame.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Damn. In just a few years Nintendo has gone from being the best in preserving their legacy to actively hating it. Sad to see.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It's weird they removed DSiWare given you can still buy it all on the 3DS eShop. You'd think that would've persisted.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
"The all new Wii U gamepad controller", that just reinforced the confusion and the "Is this an add-on for the Wii?" even more. How they managed to screw it up so badddd with the marketing!? The Wii U should be used as an official subject on business degrees as a prime example of how not to promote your product.

The Wii U is one of the few consoles that simply naming it the "Super Wii," "Wii 2," or something along those lines would have cleared up a lot of confusion and resulted in at least a few million more sales. It had other problems like the low specs, PS4 on the horizon, third party support, and a gamepad no one wanted, but the name had to be number one on the list of failures.