• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Nintendo dropped this video a few hours ago for the series' 30th anniversary, featuring voice actors of the most popular characters.

The interviews are really interesting but what caught my eye is the short Three Houses clip at 30:34.
Edelgard and Claude are wearing their final classes' outfits (Emperor/Barbarossa) when they should be in their Armored Lord and Wyvern Master classes instead.

Video:

Ettz1AlXEAcHg5v

EttzuclXEAANv2i

Game:
sg-fire-emblem-three-houses-timeskip-edelgard.jpg

Switch_FEThreeHouses_E3_screen_13.png

I think this might be either new DLC or a "complete" edition of Fire Emblem Three Houses where you can change costumes during cutscenes.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It might be the
Edelgard Did Nothing Wrong Edition
, but that would just make it a reprint of the original.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
maybe just an old build footage? it sounds strange to have the very same situation with slightly different costumes/camera angles

btw...GIMME MOOOORE FE PLEASE!!!

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Feels like a bit a stretch to assume it's a new edition or DLC, when it could very well just beta footage.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
It's very weird, but I'm not sure if I'd read that much into it. It could just be a production goof.

That said, putting out a complete physical version with the DLC would make some sense to keep the FE brand going, especially if production on whatever their next game will be ended up getting hit hard by the pandemic. I would just hope that if they included small additional features like changing costumes in cutscenes, that they would be included in a patch for all current owners of the game as well, since I'm probably not buying 3H again.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really can't imagine paying for Three Houses again. I would really like to move on to a new cast and a new story sooner rather than later.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's very weird, but I'm not sure if I'd read that much into it. It could just be a production goof.

That said, putting out a complete physical version with the DLC would make some sense to keep the FE brand going, especially if production on whatever their next game will be ended up getting hit hard by the pandemic. I would just hope that if they included small additional features like changing costumes in cutscenes, that they would be included in a patch for all current owners of the game as well, since I'm probably not buying 3H again.
We're supposedly getting a remake of FE4 this year, so it's not like FE won't have anything in 2021.

Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
Still waiting for that "enlarge text option in dlc". It's a travesty that wasn't fixed by now.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
give me the version where I can turn off the entire story and just play all the missions back to back

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Imma say it's just beta footage that somehow ended up in this celebratory video, but it'll be allright as long as they announce the Genealogy remake.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
We're supposed to be getting a remake of FE4 this year, so it's not like FE won't have anything in 2021.

Oh, that's what I mean, since it seems like a lot of Japanese developers were impacted severely by the switch to remote work, it's possible that the rumored FE4 remake could run into delays, necessitating some kind of smaller release to keep the FE coals burning in the meantime.

But obviously since nothing's been announced either way yet, it's impossible to really know.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on team random beta footage with the totally different look for Edelgard's eyes. Besides I don't know what there is to do with Three Houses that would justify continuing to work on it and rerelease it in some fashion. The existing DLC was largely forgotten, why make more?

OP
OP
Homura

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
It could also be a cutscene from a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 with the Three Houses cast

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I would guess this footage is from a dev build. It could be a free update for the anniversary or something, but I doubt we will get a new DLC.

I don't think anything substantial has come out related to FE4 other than a few FEH tidbits and changes that could indicate something is coming.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Give me the golden route. I dont care how cheesy it is

uuuh, I'd love THAT

We're supposedly getting a remake of FE4 this year, so it's not like FE won't have anything in 2021.

I hope so..

Nope

It could also be a cutscene from a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 with the Three Houses cast

OMG can't wait for it!

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
For those who are unaware about FE4 remake here is a quick summary:

Nothing has leaked but there is a rumour that one of the 3ds games that were planned for 2020 and beyond was a FE remake. Our speculation that it is either cancelled or moved onto the Switch.

The rest of the information is from heavy speculation such as the team behind FE Echoes haven't been seen in any credits since 2017. Furthermore, only 17 employees from Intelligent Systems worked on Three Houses.

Also, every 2 years or so we get a new FE game:

2012/2013- Awakening
2015/2016- Fates
2017- Echoes
2019- Three Houses
2021 - ?

Finally but not least, Brazil who has been reliable knowing when Indie Worlds happen has hinted that we will get a FE4 remake this year provided Covid hasn't messed it up.

There is way more speculation information such as the amount of FE4 influence in Three Houses and what not but this is the gist of it.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
No. It's off base off a twitter post with no track record with Nintendo first party stuff.

best to wait and see first, Not to assume it was leak.
It's from the same pack of rumors from years and years ago that included Link's Awakening and Wario Virtual Boy having remakes for 3DS. It's been going on for so long that people assume it's true and maybe it's true, but it's more whisful thinking than anything else.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It's from the same pack of rumors from years and years ago that included Link's Awakening and Wario Virtual Boy having remakes for 3DS. It's been going on for so long that people assume it's true and maybe it's true, but it's more whisful thinking than anything else.
I meant the belief that it's coming this year or soon is from that recent twitter post a month back. That seems to be the reason FE4 is talked more often then the original 3DS stuff.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I meant the belief that it's coming this year or soon is from that recent twitter post a month back. That seems to be the reason FE4 is talked more often then the original 3DS stuff.
Yes, but that tweet itself only has things that have been discussed for a long time, such as remakes of Pearl / Diamond or Splatoon spin off

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably production footage.

If I'm not mistaken, these are Edelgard and Claude's Brave costumes from Fire Emblem Heroes. Those were made after the fact.

They're also their final classes in Three Houses. You get access to Dimitri's and Claude's final classes when you start the battle of Gronder Field. I can't remember when you get Edelgard's, though.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for more 3H tho I'd want substantial expansion in addition to the dlc that already exists. One of my fav games all time.

tho I'd prefer a sequel set in the aftermath of 3H world

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I can't imagine they'd release another version of Three Houses this soon after release, and I also can't see them releasing more DLC after they seem to have finished with that, so yeah probably development footage that accidentally got used here

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah probably nothing. 3H is going on two years old at this point, and doesn't seem to be super leggy. I'd put money on them being done with that game for now barring some form of a sequel.

As others have said, FE4 is this year's Fire Emblem.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
maybe just an old build footage? it sounds strange to have the very same situation with slightly different costumes/camera angles

btw...GIMME MOOOORE FE PLEASE!!!
If I'm not mistaken, these are Edelgard and Claude's Brave costumes from Fire Emblem Heroes. Those were made after the fact.
No reason they couldn't have used old build outfits as "Brave" costumes in heroes. It wouldn't be the first time a game company brought something from an old build back in a different form. Example: Dota 2.

This was Death Prophet's WIP design before she was even added to beta.

This was a cosmetic item added later in the final game.
latest

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Give me the golden route. I dont care how cheesy it is
I'm of the weird opinion that a golden route would actively make all the other routes worse, when the point is there is no golden route. This is going with what side you think is the MOST right, not just looking for an "objectively good" side. The only really "bad" faction in the game is one that's not playable and very clearly evil.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
No reason they couldn't have used old build outfits as "Brave" costumes in heroes. It wouldn't be the first time a game company brought something from an old build back in a different form. Example: Dota 2.

This was Death Prophet's WIP design before she was even added to beta.

This was a cosmetic item added later in the final game.
latest
They aren't old builts, they're the final classes for each lord in Three Houses.