Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
there are barely any Wii U games left, so they'll start rereleasing Switch games now. especially with the Switch revision coming out this year.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
I would love for it to be a sign of something new, but it's clear that it isn't. I'm starving for Fire Emblem news at this point, a novelty localization doesn't really cut it.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Very odd but I don't think it's anything to get excited about. It seems like a weird mistake. I mean, maybe it's a "Switch Pro" feature but I don't think DLC at this point makes sense nor does a complete edition type release as Nintendo doesn't do those. Though I would love an extended Crimson Flower campaign.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on team "old build," especially since multiple details line up with older pre-release footage.

We're almost certainly not getting anything else for FE3H. IIRC devs already said there wasn't any more DLC planned at the time of Cindered Shadows' release.

Hopefully we'll get an FE4 remake at least revealed this year, though.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Another sign that IS is done with the game is that we're getting the soundtrack release this month. They usually wait until the game is done before releasing the OST, to include all the music from the DLC.

It could potentially be a FEW2, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Bit random, but is FE: Fates the definitive edition on 3ds? The one that includes all 3 campaigns

Picked up awakening but I was considering fates too

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad it's just beta stuff, this game feels like it's still missing some stuff, like the whole story about Those Who Slither in the Dark.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
Bit random, but is FE: Fates the definitive edition on 3ds? The one that includes all 3 campaigns

Picked up awakening but I was considering fates too

The 3ds cart with all 3 campaigns was limited edition and is likely very expensive now. Your best bet is just to buy either Birthright or Conquest and then buying the other 2 campaigns as DLC. Be cautious about playing them back to back, it's quite easy to burn out on Fates.

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
The 3ds cart with all 3 campaigns was limited edition and is likely very expensive now. Your best bet is just to buy either Birthright or Conquest and then buying the other 2 campaigns as DLC. Be cautious about playing them back to back, it's quite easy to burn out on Fates.
For what it's worth, I think Awakening is significantly better than Fates and I don't think I'm alone in that opinion.
Appreciate it

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
Fates isn't worth it. Skip it straight to Shadows of Valentia. If you really want to try it, get one of the games and see if you can stomach the bad writing.
I have the special edition game and you don't know how much I regret spending money on it.
Damn, that's quite a strong statement

I'll stick with Awakening for now and then decide afterwards whether I'll try fates or go straight to shadows Valentia, thanks a lot

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Fates isn't worth it. Skip it straight to Shadows of Valentia. If you really want to try it, get one of the games and see if you can stomach the bad writing.
I have the special edition game and you don't know how much I regret spending money on it.
Fire Emblem Conquest has the best gameplay and level design of all modern Fire Emblem (and perhaps all Fire Emblem, period).

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
Damn, that's quite a strong statement

I'll stick with Awakening for now and then decide afterwards whether I'll try fates or go straight to shadows Valentia, thanks a lot

I would play Fates, but only Conquest, the gameplay is fantastic. Just bear in mind that it's generally considered the worst written of the three.

Shadows of Valentia is a completely different animal. The gameplay is terrible IMO, and the story is nothing spectacular, especially in the later parts. It's the only game in the series I've played and never bothered to revisit. I feel like most people just prop it up because of it's aesthetics, and as a reaction against Fates.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I would play Fates, but only Conquest, the gameplay is fantastic. Just bear in mind that it's generally considered the worst written of the three.

Shadows of Valentia is a completely different animal. The gameplay is terrible IMO, and the story is nothing spectacular, especially in the later parts. It's the only game in the series I've played and never bothered to revisit. I feel like most people just prop it up because of it's aesthetics, and as a reaction against Fates.
There was a great "vindication" feeling with Shadow of Valentia like "This is the true Fire Emblem we fans want!"

It had a good designs, graphics and music ...But the level design is terrible and enemies who spam summoning more enemies make it even more tedious. And the gameplay is not much better.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem Conquest has the best gameplay and level design of all modern Fire Emblem (and perhaps all Fire Emblem, period).
Maybe, but that means nothing to me when I really couldn't care less about the characters, and was actively trying to end all levels quickly to get to the end, permadeath and lost units be damned.
I'm not asking FE to be the pinnacle of storytelling, just to be slightly coherent.
But let's not derail the topic, there's plenty of other threads that can be used to debate Fates' pros and cons.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
Here my take on the 3DS Fire Emblem games:

Fates: Conquest - Best gameplay and maps. Mediocre Characters. Bad Story.
Awakening - Best Characters and story. Mediocre Maps.
Echoes - Best Art Style. Mediocre Story. Bad Gameplay and Maps. (I love Fire Emblem and I couldn't even finish it...)

I really enjoyed Awakening despite the maps being fairly boring. I had a lot of fun with the challenge of Conquest, despite the story being nonsense. I didn't really enjoy echoes at all. I had a blast with Three Houses, but I'm not sure how I'd compare it with the 3DS games, it felt a little different for whatever reason.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm on Team "There's going to be more DLC for Three Houses because otherwise what we got is kind of weak? So maybe this is teasing a What If scenario like what if Edelgard did her war crimes earlier?".

Either way, FE4 remake is the more likely release for Fire Emblem given it's that entry's 25th, it's been teased several times in the past, Three Houses almost shamelessly "takes inspiration" from that title (for better or for worse) and they postponed work for remaking another Fire Emblem game on the 3DS a while back (For the record, Three Houses also started on the 3DS, or at least was planned for it).
If I'm not mistaken, these are Edelgard and Claude's Brave costumes from Fire Emblem Heroes. Those were made after the fact.
Of course they gave Edelgard boob armor.

Heroes was a mistake.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I got corrected multiple times after I posted that, but it wasn't actually from Heroes, it's the final class promotion in TH.
I'm still blaming Heroes even though Three Houses had boob armor for certain classes that I will also not get over.

Also i'm pretty sure that the artwork does come from Heroes, irrespective of the class it's representing.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still blaming Heroes even though Three Houses had boob armor for certain classes that I will also not get over.

Also i'm pretty sure that the artwork does come from Heroes, irrespective of the class it's representing.
Don't blame Heroes here. The artwork and the model are from Three Houses.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Fingers crossed it's nothing. I reaaally hate drawing JRPGs out with excessive DLC.

marcaeg

Oct 30, 2017
If the model are really better, why not considering it could be from a version from a potential "Switch Pro" patch