Status
Not open for further replies.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Now that it has been out for a bit, what's the opinion about Xenoblade 3? I know it was positive at launch.
Amazing game with one of the best casts in all JRPG and a banger soundtrack, but brought down by an ok plot and unbalanced gameplay.
Definitely recommended as it's easily a GOTY contender, but IMO Monolith Soft could have done more.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Anybody else on a Pokémon kick as we slowly approach Pokémon Scarlet/Violet? I don't know but I'm suddenly on my Pokémon grind (I'm currently playing Brilliant Diamond) and man, I now really can't wait for S/V

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Now that it has been out for a bit, what's the opinion about Xenoblade 3? I know it was positive at launch.

Finished it a few days ago at about 100 hours
- Good enough to keep my attention for 100 hours
- most polished game in the series
- stable game no low lows but not really many high highs
-didn't connect with it as much as other games in the series. Probably works best as your first Xeno game

Recommended if you like JRPGs and even if you don't you may like it as a fun action adventure game

8/10

Truno

Jan 16, 2020
Anybody else on a Pokémon kick as we slowly approach Pokémon Scarlet/Violet? I don't know but I'm suddenly on my Pokémon grind (I'm currently playing Brilliant Diamond) and man, I now really can't wait for S/V

I opted for SMT V instead of BDSP and I was gonna buy Legends (I was 100% into FFXIV at the time), but then S/V got announced.

The non-stop S/V leaks got me in the mood for a Pokemon playthrough and just this week I started playing Soul Silver. Very stoked for the new gen

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I wonder how the control scheme for the Prime Remake is going to turn out. Classic GCN might feel a bit archaic in todays market and Wii is not possible to replicate 1:1.

Hopefully a version on Splatoon's control scheme where Squid = Morphball. Maybe even flick stick for those that like it.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I've been fully playing through USUM for the first time (never finished it when it first comes out) and man, Alola was great.
It was! I didn't play those games much but I absolutely loved the setting
I opted for SMT V instead of BDSP and I was gonna buy Legends (I was 100% into FFXIV at the time), but then S/V got announced.

The non-stop S/V leaks got me in the mood for a Pokemon playthrough and just this week I started playing Soul Silver. Very stoked for the new gen
I love that we're all on a Pokémon kick. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a Pokémon game, i still gotta get to Pokémon Legends myself!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, September's costume for Mario Golf is Yoshi repeat? So is this it? No more new costumes?
Man, I will never forgive Camelot if I don't get my classic Bowser.

Ugh, I guess I can finally put the game down, might even look at reselling since I got 100% and no new content is coming up.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Thanks for the info! Sounds like XC3 is indeed worth picking up.

I bet it will probably take me a while to get through it even if it clicks. I enjoyed the first third(ish?) of the first game years ago but stopped playing because I couldn't get a hang of the combat and kept dying to a particular boss that needed a special type of attack.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
so far Xenoblade 3 is shaping up to be a game that battles for "favorite game of all time" for me. I'm 100 hours in, so... probably 50-100 hours to go lol

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I'm curious too. I'd double dip with a sale eventually just to play it in bed. Right now I have it on Series X (and haven't even installed it oops)
Update: Yeah, TMNT slaps. I've been playing it a lot and I am so pleased with it on Switch. Absolutely recommend. Although, I've been playing single player and not online so I have no comments on the online performance if you were worried about that.

Also side bar, I think I might preorder NieR Automata on Switch since I've never played it yet and have heard nothing but phenomenal things lol. What about you guys? You guys getting NieR on Switch in October?

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Also side bar, I think I might preorder NieR Automata on Switch since I've never played it yet and have heard nothing but phenomenal things lol. What about you guys? You guys getting NieR on Switch in October?
If you've never played it absolutely do it! I played it on a Xbox One X when it came out for that and was absolutely stunned. I'd be a little concerned about performance on switch though, as it wasn't 100% stable on One X, otoh Platinum know their Switch stuff so maybe it works out.

parasite2

Oct 22, 2020
If you've never played it absolutely do it! I played it on a Xbox One X when it came out for that and was absolutely stunned. I'd be a little concerned about performance on switch though, as it wasn't 100% stable on One X, otoh Platinum know their Switch stuff so maybe it works out.

Platinum is not doing the port, Virtuos is doing it. They did the ports of Dying Light, L.A. Noire, Dark Souls: Remastered and Bioshock: The Collection.

parasite2

Oct 22, 2020

I am totally getting it. NieR and Persona 5 Royal were my most wanted ports ever and I'm really happy to finally be able to play them.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Platinum is not doing the port, Virtuos is doing it. They did the ports of Dying Light, L.A. Noire, Dark Souls: Remastered and Bioshock: The Collection.
Interesting., I always thought that the Astral Chain engine was the NieR Automata engine essentially ported and extended for the Switch so I automatically thought that they'd "backport" it to NieR and call it a day.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Something we'll be seeing in the upcoming Direct?
Well we got 2 ratings (updates) recently, this and Advance Wars 1+2, so in my eyes its all beginning to slowly unravel for what could or could not be in the next Direct
I've absolutely never played NieR and I've heard so much about it so I actually might finally give it a go on Switch then
I am totally getting it. NieR and Persona 5 Royal were my most wanted ports ever and I'm really happy to finally be able to play them.
Nice! I can't wait to get all of the Persona games on Switch because they just feel right on a handheld you know?

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Update: Yeah, TMNT slaps. I've been playing it a lot and I am so pleased with it on Switch. Absolutely recommend. Although, I've been playing single player and not online so I have no comments on the online performance if you were worried about that.

Nope! Single player is exactly where I'd be.

in other news: I'm weirdly fatigued by all the "leakers" this round for the Direct. I could just be grumpy but I think it could also be the 76th round of "Zelda, Zelda, and Metroid are getting announced!" on Twitter that's driving me up the wall, lol.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Nope! Single player is exactly where I'd be.

in other news: I'm weirdly fatigued by all the "leakers" this round for the Direct. I could just be grumpy but I think it could also be the 76th round of "Zelda, Zelda, and Metroid are getting announced!" on Twitter that's driving me up the wall, lol.
I think it's tiring as well but then again, I only listen to like 2-3 people for Nintendo leaks (NateDrake, Jeff Grubb). Everyone else, as far as I'm concerned, is pretty much wrong or not worth listening to because I don't follow them or they don't have a super strong track record. And the thing is, when it comes to Nintendo Direct "leaks" people are almost ALWAYS wrong. It's hard to predict the content of Directs cause Nintendo always has surprises or there's always a bogus excuse as to why the "heavily rumored stuff before the Direct" didn't show up this Direct. So, it's better to only listen to maybe the handful of worthy leakers and keep it pushing
Just 1 week left until Splatoon now! This game really has me counting the days, hehe.
I'm glad you're hype for Splatoon!

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think it's tiring as well but then again, I only listen to like 2-3 people for Nintendo leaks (NateDrake, Jeff Grubb). Everyone else, as far as I'm concerned, is pretty much wrong or not worth listening to because I don't follow them or they don't have a super strong track record. And the thing is, when it comes to Nintendo Direct "leaks" people are almost ALWAYS wrong. It's hard to predict the content of Directs cause Nintendo always has surprises or there's always a bogus excuse as to why the "heavily rumored stuff before the Direct" didn't show up this Direct. So, it's better to only listen to maybe the handful of worthy leakers and keep it pushing

like rumors can be fun, yeah! but this time around it's like "normal people" I follow retweeting "sources" that they follow and honestly it feels a lot like "a broken clock..." at this point if these things do in fact exist, lol.

idk. mostly grumpy, I believe.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
like rumors can be fun, yeah! but this time around it's like "normal people" I follow retweeting "sources" that they follow and honestly it feels a lot like "a broken clock..." at this point if these things do in fact exist, lol.

idk. mostly grumpy, I believe.
That's because a lot of people want the same shit to be annouced to be fair. Whether it's Zelda WWHD/TP Ports, MP Remaster or whatever, everyone is "predicting" these announcements to finally happen because it's what everyone wants and when you're saying "OH MAN WAIT TILL YOU SEE (thing everyone wants here) IN THE NEXT DIRECT, TRUST ME BRO I GOT SOURCES" people are gonna RT because it aligns with their wants/needs. So, no matter what, those fake Twitter accounts are gonna gain clout/momentum on Twitter towards a direct.

It's why I only listen to Grubb for Nintendo stuff. He's almost always straight forward with the stuff he hears and always explain his "predictions" for stuff to be at specific showcases and he doesn't over his stuff. It's not like "OH MY GOD BRO WAIT AND SEE WHATS GONNA HAPPEN", it's mostly "yeah so I heard this and it lines up because of this and this plus (other credible journalist here) has heard similarly so it makes sense for (thing being spoken about) to be revealed (event here) or on (random date here)"

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I am really debating on getting Splatoon 3. I liked Splatoon 2 but dropped off at some point and I don't remember why.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I am really debating on getting Splatoon 3. I liked Splatoon 2 but dropped off at some point and I don't remember why.
I personally am not getting Splatoon 3. The core reason is because, just like you said, Splatoon is a game that I know I'll enjoy and I know I'll play but not initially. I'll play it in bursts and enjoy it over time and I'll definitely get the value out of it but not when it firsts launches so I'm just gonna save the money and get something like NieR in October or Diofield Chronicles at launch. Plus, I'm already getting TMNT Shredder's Revenge physically late September which I know I'm super stoked for as well.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I've been back into Splatoon 2 lately, and it's still a fun game. I loved all the QoL and new stuff from Splatoon 3 Splatfest, so I am mega hyped for the full game. And there is no way I'm missing out on any Splatfests. So, it's an easy day one for me.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
My Steam Deck is likely going to be available to me very soon. I love my Switch OLED but I think a lot of my replays in the future will be on the Deck.

...My poor launch Switch has been relegated to a Pokemon trading unit + cart dumper.

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
With the 20th anniversary of Metroid Prime coming up, I'm feeling confident that we'll finally get some information on either the Prime remaster and/or Prime 4.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
With the 20th anniversary of Metroid Prime coming up, I'm feeling confident that we'll finally get some information on either the Prime remaster and/or Prime 4.
Rumor going around for the Direct is that we're getting news on the Metroid Prime remaster! If this is true, I wonder if they do a CGI trailer to tease MP4 towards the very end as the "one last thing" for the Direct, and then of course we get no updates till Summer 2023's Direct. Why? Because BOTW2 will obviously have the big marketing push come 2023 when we're ramping up to the release date of BOTW2, so nothing will take off focus from it. BOTW2 gets all the limelight, comes and makes its impact, then its nothing but Metroid Prime 4 hype.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
It takes place the whole month or is it only like the weekend?
Splatoon 2 Splatfests largely lasted a day, though some more important Splatfests lasted longer (Final Fest was 3 days iirc). Given that these will now have a halftime report and different gameplay in the second half, I'm assuming they'll be 2 days now (since if it's two 12-hour blocks, it's likely that a portion of the players will be asleep during one half).

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Splatoon 2 Splatfests largely lasted a day, though some more important Splatfests lasted longer (Final Fest was 3 days iirc). Given that these will now have a halftime report and different gameplay in the second half, I'm assuming they'll be 2 days now (since if it's two 12-hour blocks, it's likely that a portion of the players will be asleep during one half).

Aha wow that's short!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I see our favourite insider The Snitch is teasing It Takes Two coming to the Switch later this year.

Putting together all the rumours that have happened lately, I'm guessing the upcoming Direct will show off the following things,

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess port
New Skyrim edition
It Takes Two Switch version
Biomutant Switch version
Metal Gear Solid rereleases maybe?
New Advanced Wars date
New info for Mario Rabbids and Bayonetta 3.

And I suppose all the rest is anyone's guess.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I've been back into Splatoon 2 lately, and it's still a fun game. I loved all the QoL and new stuff from Splatoon 3 Splatfest, so I am mega hyped for the full game. And there is no way I'm missing out on any Splatfests. So, it's an easy day one for me.
I've been wanting to play Splatoon 2 too, Splatfest got me hyped to play turf war again, but I decided to just wait until Splatoon 3 comes out and play that.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Is this the best thread to discuss all the new Nintendo Direct/GameCube remaster rumors?

I'm thinking it would be hilarious if the new 2d Mario, non New, game is actually a movie tie-in!

Jul 7, 2021
I see our favourite insider The Snitch is teasing It Takes Two coming to the Switch later this year.

Putting together all the rumours that have happened lately, I'm guessing the upcoming Direct will show off the following things,

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess port
New Skyrim edition
It Takes Two Switch version
Biomutant Switch version
Metal Gear Solid rereleases maybe?
New Advanced Wars date
New info for Mario Rabbids and Bayonetta 3.

And I suppose all the rest is anyone's guess.

Metroid Prime HD Remaster was hinted at being a holiday release as well.

Jul 7, 2021
I'm not going to search and provide a link, but apparently there's a new 2D Super Mario game in development according to Zippo. Shouldn't be part of the "New" line of games this time.

parasite2

Oct 22, 2020
I'm not going to search and provide a link, but apparently there's a new 2D Super Mario game in development according to Zippo. Shouldn't be part of the "New" line of games this time.

Zippo isn't reliable, that's why he is not allowed on Resetera anymore. Saying there is new Mario game in development doesn't make you are an insider. There is always a new Mario game in development.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
It would be nice to see a new 2D Mario game sometime soon, though. Mario Maker's cool, but I would like a more "standard" 2D experience next.

Jul 7, 2021
Zippo isn't reliable, that's why he is not allowed on Resetera anymore. Saying there is new Mario game in development doesn't make you are an insider. There is always a new Mario game in development.

I know, hence why I said that I'm not going to search and provide links. To their credit, Sonic Origins was real, but I doubt they were the original source on that one. But...if it's legit, then it would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.