• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
sw-system-mario.jpg

EriYb5rXIAITHYy

The hardware features a red-and-blue color scheme in honor of Mario's iconic outfit. It comes with red Joy-Con controllers with blue straps, a blue Joy-Con grip, a red Switch dock, a red Switch system, a stylized Mario Red & Blue Edition Carrying Case, and a screen protector.
Release date February 12.

Last edited:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Very cool. Joycon are the same as the Mario Red previously released (minus the straps)?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The dock should have the pattern seen on the case but otherwise it looks nice.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I want it desperately but I already have a Switch
I'm serious, I usually don't give a shit about limited consoles but this is basically my favorite color combination EVER.

Scott

Oct 27, 2017
Joycons should be blue. When you plug them into the Switch it's just going to be 100% red.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Looks good but Im cool with my Red joycon on my normal switch, already kind of makes it look like a Mario edition lol

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love this, but it just makes me even more confused why the Animal Crossing one wasn't white or anything besides black

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Don't care about these special edition systems anymore, after the beautiful AC system I just want a pro now.

Looks pretty nice though!

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
First time we've had a different colourway for the Switch system itself. Looks a lot like the last wave of Vita Slim colours in Japan.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice collector's switch imo. I'm thinking this got delayed along with the 3D World deluxe port thanks to the pandemic last year.

100% guaranteed this was supposed to launch this past Fall if 3D World was also launching then.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
My first thought was "ya know, with a few tweaks, this could be sold as a Doom system if you remind people of the red SNES cartridge"

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
...If you don't use the joycons combined or put the little ends on them this is basically just a red switch

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
That is just way too much of the red. If it had some more blue on it, I would consider it, but as of now my gray standard Switch is still the only color I have liked.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I would buy it, since it is basically a red Switch (I always play it as handheld). But I fear the Pro is too near, so it is better to skip this version, unfortunately.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
No new Switch lite colors? I'm tired of big ass regular Switch, Nintendo give me more limited edition lites!