• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plan9

Nov 22, 2017
Already have the Faded In The Sun Mario Edition, so it's a pass for me
61Bhfn2mNOL._AC_SL1498_.jpg

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Does it have sense if there is a possible "pro" switch?

I mean, it's hard to say. Nintendo is weird, but logically speaking, this probably points to the "Pro" Switch either not being a thing or it being much further out than people are hoping/expecting. But like I said, Nintendo is oddball and Mario is a big franchise so who really knows.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Not as good as the Animal Crossing one. Also missed an opportunity of replacing the Switch logo with Mario's "M" one.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo are those the red joy cons from Japan/SMO bundle? I have two sets of those and they're absolutely gorgeous and make my Switch feel iconic as hell, so I'd be buzzin if there was a larger stock now for me to get replacements in future.

kitler53

Oct 15, 2020
that hurts my eyes. if that were the standard edition i'd pay more to not have that version tbh.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I feel like I would've gone with blue joycon so that it was red and blue in portable mode. And make the grip red so that it's also red and blue then.

As it is, when you're playing in portable mode it's just all red.
I think that is very intentional. Red on blue looks just a bit tacky. It's not like the OG model where the joycons are at least separated by the screen.
Nintendo marketing probably cares a lot about how it the Switch is perceived when people see somebody else playing one in public or on social media. I would guess the aim is "surprising and fun, but not too toy-like". So they have the blue accents on the parts nobody uses in public. I think the dock could have been blue though

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more of unique Switch designs like this from Nintendo.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Decent enough. Kinda like it, but not enough to swap my current system.

Like the joycons and it's straps though!

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more of unique Switch designs like this from Nintendo.

Yeah me to - Feels like they could have sell quite a bit of special editions.. but they havnt really done too many.

We havnt seen a new Pro Controller since the Smash one. What's up with that?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yoooo are those the red joy cons from Japan/SMO bundle? I have two sets of those and they're absolutely gorgeous and make my Switch feel iconic as hell, so I'd be buzzin if there was a larger stock now for me to get replacements in future.
So far it appears this may be yet a THIRD shade of red, despite the previous red being described in Japan as "Mario Red." I'm trying to figure this out myself as I have a full, nearly-complete set of joycon (just missing those awful Thunderbolt Project ones, and the dev blacks) and a crippling addiction.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
No shot I spend money on a non pro switch at this point

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I think a simple Mario red and blue Joy-con pair would be nicer. As is I think this package looks ugly as fuck.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
All well but... i honestly find the joycons in the holder hella ugly.
Partially its just that the chosen color hues kinda scream toy and ugly. the first mario switch had the better red, and this could work (for me) with a slightly darker blue.

AC switch is still king, and i want want want the joy cons, but still not for sale individually...

Februarry? man, my dream of a march switch pro is mute...

Japanese website says it a special design when the old one has a Red and Neon Red as their name

edit: comparison
Odyssey red
9ZbBgzc.jpg

3D world red
0DdgV53.png

ok the old one looks waaaay better. more vibrant, more mario, more nintendo, the new one look (on this picture) to bright/pale in comparison

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
well, the rumors of a switch pro started before we knew officially what the switch is, so checks out. (there where factory leaks with versions with higher clocks)

also: if they have enough to play so that they can wait for the optimal way to experience the highlights of the library...why not =D

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Im actually still kinda sad that with so much potential for joy con designs, nintendo refuses to create a website with "build your own joycon set" for a 10€ price increase, and more color options. Just look what the aftermarket for joy con shells is offering, and they cant even sell the bundeled game specific on their online shop outside of japan.