• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
A disgusting attitude that NCL will definitely NOT take kindly to...

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get ousted shortly.

At the time, Nintendo believed “Geist” — a first person shooter published by Nintendo — would be GameCube’s “Halo Killer”. And everyone inside the meeting reassured Reggie that “Geist” would become a huge hit with the older hardcore gamers who loved “Halo”.

“And then at the end [of the presentation], Reggie looked around the table and basically said “Look, don’t bullshit me. How do you guys really think this thing is going to hold up?” No one said a word for a minute

That's an excellent response from Reggie there. There are few things more deadly to a company's success than a Yes Man culture.

For however much people complain at him for towing the company line as a "PR Man" (even though it's his job to do that publically with the media), it's something that should never be done behind closed doors. A good COO/President should challenge internal "PR Man" attitudes from within the company.

The_Ultima

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Germany
mnd7AjF.gif

The video is indeed very painful to watch. I legit feel bad for the two hosts.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, not just the name. There's also that most people outside of Era call it out for its authoritarian modding and left leaning, bubbled user base. (And also doxxing, apparently. Not sure what that's about)

Wish I could disagree with all of those...
But that's exactly what GAF was. The public just sees Era as that now.

Waggle_free

Feb 21, 2018
That's not the first time Russian branch representatives of Nintendo acted rather questionable. This PR guy deleted his tweets and later he was fired, though I doubt it's because of these actions.
r5qIwVi.png

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
This is pretty tame compared to some of the things I've heard executives say in rooms that are not being live streamed.

(Covering my ass here... not defending ableism or slurs or anything of the sort. I'm just saying that it's common for executives to behave badly behind closed doors.)
Yeah, I've been involved in some meetings where the higher ups are straight up belligerent. Sometimes you overhear from outside, but I've been present when they've just straight up yelled at the entire room over the phone too.

ShaiKhulud

Oct 27, 2017
Kazan, Russia
To understand how badly Nintendo Russia is screwed up, just listen to my experience. I live in Kazan, 3rd largest city in Russia with great retail logistics (hell, I even had my PS4 at EU lauch 5 years ago, day one!) and infrastructure. It's no problem to buy or order almost anything here. Unless you want something with a Nintendo logo.

I've waited for 5 months for my Switch AC adapter replacement that I've ordered via the official store. Tried to find it elsewhere, but it's just straight up unavaliable from any local and even digital retailer. Same goes with every other Switch spares, like dock, joy-cons and even the Pro Controller.

Local prices are also kinda insane even when aligned to other consoles, albeit it's not the main problem. The whole 'Good luck buying our stuff even if you have the money' thing is pure embarrassment that is just killing the platform across the entire country. In 2013 I've bought my Wii U used from a local guy because it was just out of stock FOR A YEAR everywhere, including Nintendo World (Мир Nintendo) certified e-store. And not because the sales were crazy or anything like that.

So yeah, if Nintendo EU will fire Yasha they will lose nothing in Russia. There is literally nothing to lose.

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017
So, after video gone viral, local gaming portals asked former NoR employees about their experience with Yasha. Shit's fucked up.
Full article (in Russian).
English translation from r/nintendo.
* He screams at people regularly using a combination of russian and english curse words and he does so aggressively - after all meetings the girls are crying in a bathroom.

* Yasha pays you more if you don't care about Nintendo at all. "The less f*#s you give, the more you get paid".

* He tells girls what they should and shouldn't wear in the office or during the meetings with clients. "Wear that leather skirt, he will sign everything".

* Speaking about harassment - he told one girl to call him "Papa Yasha". Some girls said he "touched their butt", tried to make them sit on his laps and more stuff like that.

* He hires people with absolutely no experience - PR is done by people who know nothing about, the same can be said about marketing, logistics and sales.

* He's inadequate when it comes to planning events - 90% of time during meetings he discusses a design of plastic bags and only 10% are spent on talking about budget and organizing. And if an event won't happen at all after that - it is a fault of a guy designing the plastic bag.

* He has connections in most HR agencies and all of the former employees are added to "the black list". He badmouthes people who left the company 3-4 years ago, talks with their new employers and tries to make them fire people who left NoR.

* He doesn't care for people's privacy, he could easily read all of your private messages on social media and then tells everybody else all your feelings and what troubles you.

* Everyone is scared to talk about what really is going on at NoR because of Yasha's connections. His favourite way of letting people go can be summed up in the classic phrase "You're not breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you!", i.e. when people try to leave the company, according to russian laws they must work there for 2 more weeks. During this time he picks on you and screams "YOU ARE FIRED!".

* "Just so everyone understands how scared everybody is - when I walked on heels, my colleagues asked me to change my shoes because it sounded a lot like Yasha's".

* If Yasha knows about your insecurities, he secludes you and tries to make other people gang up on you or laugh behind your back.

Another former NoR employee shared his story in the comments

I worked for Nintendo of Russia almost from the very beginning. Think I lasted 9 months or so, which seems like a real achievement now :'D I have to admit, at some point while watching the stream video, I had to stop and remind myself that it's all behind and Yasha is shouting all these nice words not at me, but at some other poor guy. That's how traumatized I am, I guess :( (couldn't even bring myself to use my real account instead of a throwaway)

The stuff in that article is 100% true, except (thank god!) I never had to deal with sexual harassment and never saw anything like that in the office. But yeah, I cried on multiple occasions and had nervous breakdowns (the most memorable one was during some Russian game expo) and the work I had done was being called "shit" constantly. (Yes, "fucking" and "fuck" are really his most commonly used words at the office. Along with some french analogs) He did ask us to make our social media pages private and remove some pictures he thought were unworthy of a Nintendo employee. According to Yasha, I had to be forever grateful to him for all the "opportunities" he provided me with and he never forgot to remind me of it, whenever I was starting being "ungrateful" in his opinion.

And yes, he really does try to make your colleagues look like they're against you and plotting something behind your back. Experienced it firsthand.

When I started there, my working hours were kinda flexible and I could work from home and had to come to the office maybe once a week to attend a meeting. Then it all suddenly changed, because Yasha got paranoid that I was doing nothing (which he often accused me of), so my supposed-to-be-so-cool remote job for Nintendo transformed into a usual office job (but at least Yasha could see I was really working and shout at me one-on-one whenever he wanted!). Calling me late after working hours or on weekends was a norm. And don't you dare to ignore it: 15 missed calls and more enraged shouting for you!

Why did he call? Oh you see, there was a comment on a social media page with no reply! So I had to immideately stop doing whatever I was doing in my free time and reply to this post. Eventually I refused and that was the day I was told "you're fired". That was one of the happiest and most liberating days of my life (I'm not kidding).

Yes, when he's out of the office, it's one of the coolest and funniest guys around. You would NEVER believe he is constantly raging and humiliating his employees at the office. I am really traumatized by all this even though so many years have passed. Never thought I'd see the day when all of this will become public (I was soooo happy when I saw the stream video published and all of it getting bigger!) Thank you, whoever saved and uploaded this video. I really hope justice will be served!

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
How the fuck hasn't NoA done anything?

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Nintendo Russia would report up through Nintendo Europe in theory.

Also who knows how that is structured in terms of the LLC/deal. Could be more of a distributor then actually part of Nintendo, but using the "Nintendo" name.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Who's Mr G & W?? Did I miss a meme or something on ERA??

They are referencing the racist depiction of Native Americans that Mr Game and Watch did in Smash Ultimate. The "joke" that commenter is making relies on the knowledge that resetera is a bunch of liberal sjw types.

YouTube comments. It is what it is.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Aww I see, thanks everyone. I don't visit this site as often, so sometimes I see new memes or gifs and wonder what I missed out. When ERA is now mentioned instead of GAF, means we hit the big time and bullseye of all angry players, developers, etc.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They have nothing to do with this, as far as I'm aware either NOE or NCL will be the ones that will have to handle this. But man, this is some awful stuff to have to deal with, let alone have this be live streamed and having to deal with it like that. Verty curious how this situation will be handled.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Curses in Russian, English and french? What a man of culture.

How do people like that make it that far up.
He seems to have a lot of connections, and:
Yes, when he's out of the office, it's one of the coolest and funniest guys around. You would NEVER believe he is constantly raging and humiliating his employees at the office.
I dealt with a guy like that before, is hard for you to convince people what he is really like.

Anyway, I think we are just scratching the surface of this yet.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
So, after video gone viral, local gaming portals asked former NoR employees about their experience with Yasha. Shit's fucked up.
Full article (in Russian).
English translation from r/nintendo.

Another former NoR employee shared his story in the comments

God damn. Fire this asshole immediately. Sounds absolutely miserable. I feel for anyone who has to put up with his behavior. That's definitely the kind of thing that can have lasting effects on a person.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Nintendo Russia would report up through Nintendo Europe in theory.

Also who knows how that is structured in terms of the LLC/deal. Could be more of a distributor then actually part of Nintendo, but using the "Nintendo" name.

I fear Stephan Bole knows and he's maybe a friend of this idiot (who hired Yasha?) that's why maybe they should find a way to contact Nintendo of Japan.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If there's one thing that Nintendo fights tooth and nail to protect, it's its family-friendly image. I'm sure you can expect some heads to roll after something like this. Can't wait to hear about it!

no1

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
(And also doxxing, apparently. Not sure what that's about)
I mean don't you remember the smash leak thread? They basically doxxed the guy who leaked it found just about all his information. And then when people said it was fake and that they couldn't talk about it because of NDA's those ERA members were doxxed too. It's not a small one time thing sadly it happens quite a lot here.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I mean like I thought that one division held more power over all of the others? Sorta like how Capcom, or Bandi have multiple divisions in different countries.
Well of course NoJ is the big dog. That's where the world HQ is. But, NoE May have the authority to hire/fire any NoE employee with cause. I'm not totally sure how their corporate structure works other than NoJ is ultimately where the biggest decisions are made. Firing the CEO of a territory serving 100million+ seems like it would be a big decision so idk

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo of America bossing Nintendo of Russia would be a can of worms just waiting to be opened lol. It's even a PAL region so just no.

Honestly this will just blow over. It's Russia and all that.

no1

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Well of course NoJ is the big dog. That's where the world HQ is. But, NoE May have the authority to hire/fire any NoE employee with cause. I'm not totally sure how their corporate structure works other than NoJ is ultimately where the biggest decisions are made. Firing the CEO of a territory serving 100million+ seems like it would be a big decision so idk
I'd hope they fire him and replace his ass with anyone else.

Rondras

Banned
Aug 28, 2018
What happens and why does it need to be spread around?

I don't really want to see a man have a nervous breakdown. Why should other people also see it?
He's the CEO of Nintendo Russia. Doesnt know how the stream works at all(its working and he doesnt understand it(its not their first live stream)) and is basically blaming everyone for something that its only in his head, being a jerk to workers while representing Nintendo. He's also well known for destroying Nintendo support in Russia, he basically killed by himself stuff like Pokemon Trading game cause he didnt want to market it and blamed the "toxic" community for it.

It's someone that Nintendo needs to fire inmediately and they are just ignoring it, that's why we are watching this cause Nintendo needs to do something already.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
It's beyond me how Nintendo is employing people like this. As a someone who was born in Russia this kind of behavior doesn't surprise me. People who are in position of power in Russia often act like that, though in an international cooperation like Nintendo you'd think they have some sort of standards. Disgusting.