• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

I hate this gif, lol

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
Aren't you the guy with the loony tunes theory about a cartel of AAA publishers knocking people out the market?
Because you now seem to be blaming nintendo for not funding that same AAA cartel the way Sony and Ms do

1. It's slides and snippettes of an Ubisoft investor meeting where they state that is exactly what they did. Using the actual business terms for doing said things, which I then link to articles explaining what those words and phrases they used mean, and how competition laws were written to try and stop those practices.

And holy shit dude do you not pay attention to anything going on in the world right now? Do you think this is some super secret conspiracy that only videogame companies are involved in? There is a rash of this shit and similar bullshit law breaking/avoiding practices all over western countries and their businesses right now. Google the Panama papers or corporate consolidation or some shit. Have you never heard about net nuetrality? Thats about the same exact kind of shit, its why people are so pissed off at what these big companies are going to be able to do now. Holy crap your whole conviction in absolute ignorance shtick is getting old.

2. I'm not blaming them for not funding them, I am saying they are not being competitive with them. Which is a problem, because Nintendo is a freaking platform holder and responsible for the content throughput of their platform being competitive against other products in the market.

ramadden13

Oct 28, 2017
Exactly! KH3 doesn't look like such a graphical power house that it couldn't be ported to the Switch (if Doom can run on the Switch then this certainly could) and god knows they have had enough development time. It doesn't matter that it was announced before E3 that these games wouldn't come to the Switch, it matters that they aren't coming to the Switch at all. So far it seems like the Switch is going through the exact same cycle as the Wii. Tons of sales and 3rd party support in the beginning with it all drying up within a couple years :(

Yeah the Wii Music one was easily the worst, possibly one of the worst of any of the major ones. This one was still a poor showing though and the stock reflects that.

I think people either forget or don't realize that stock prices represent what the market thinks the potential for future growth is, not how the company is doing right now. Obviously the market sees something lacking going forward.

Square can't even finish KH3 on the platforms it's announced in a timely manner, where were they going to find time to do a Switch version? Development on games starts pretty early, and Switch wasn't out/popular when some of the decisions about platforms were made.

Deleted member 5167

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. It's slides and snippettes of an Ubisoft investor meeting where they state that is exactly what they did. Using the actual business terms for doing said things, which I then link to articles explaining what those words and phrases they used mean, and how competition laws were written to try and stop those practices.

And holy shit dude do you not pay attention to anything going on in the world right now? Do you think this is some super secret conspiracy that only videogame companies are involved in? There is a rash of this shit and similar bullshit law breaking/avoiding practices all over western countries and their businesses right now. Google the Panama papers or corporate consolidation or some shit. Have you never heard about net nuetrality? Thats about the same exact kind of shit, its why people are so pissed off at what these big companies are going to be able to do now. Holy crap your whole conviction in absolute ignorance shtick is getting old.

2. I'm not blaming them for not funding them, I am saying they are not being competitive with them. Which is a problem, because Nintendo is a freaking platform holder and responsible for the content throughput of their platform being competitive against other products in the market.

If you believe in your own conspiracy theory, then Nintendo not participating in a graphical arms race that you previously claimed is investor driven and not consumer driven, not taking all the oxygen with a major first party release every month depriving mid-tier and indies of sales exposure, and putting mid tier projects like TWEWY, Overruled 2 or Daemon Ex Machina front and center of their offerings would be exactly the thing you would want as market course correction.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the whole point of the Switch was that they wouldn't have to split resources between a console and a handheld. So how is it that we're in such a software drought?

I have a theory that there's some kind of an internal struggle happening inside Nintendo. Like, what the hell is happening with Retro?

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to rehash my talking points from the last couple of threads on this, I'll just bring up Tokyo Game Show as somewhere you'll be seeing third party Switch announcements for 2019 and beyond. a lot of developers who moved on from 3DS and Vita are the type that prefer to present their games at TGS rather than E3. games like Ace Attorney, Etrian Odyssey, SMTV, Professor Layton, Yokai Watch, and yes, anime titty games as well

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo already dropped announcements about Smash, the Online service, the Pokémon blow-out ahead of E3... plus al the fucking leaks

there was almost nothing brand new except for that Daemon x Machinima and StarFox cameo in StarLink reveal

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get that a lot of Nintendo fans are very easily satisfied, but if Switch wants to do huge numbers sustained over time it's going to have to reach people who want more than ports of old games and Mario spin-offs. I'm not trying to bash the system, I do enjoy my Switch a lot, but that's just the reality of where we are this year. They can't just assume that Switch is a magical device that will sell amazingly no matter what because of one good year.

Clix

Banned
No shit guy.

That's irrelevant.

People are bitching because they are underserved.

It doesn't matter if Nintendo in its current state can't realistically do the things they need to do to properly serve the demands people want.

In fact, that's a no freaking shit concept. Nintendo is one company. Sony and ms are providing their content throughput with the addition of dozens of AAA studios.

It doesn't change the fact Nintendo is a damn platform holder, and their platform has a fraction of the content throughput of their competition.

It doesn't matter if it's not fair. It's reality, reality is not fair.

Sony and Microsoft have found ways to better meet the needed content throughput. Those avenues are not available to Nintendo because they decided to have the switch instead.

Nintendo is still a platform holder, they have a game console, and their console only has a fraction of the games dripping out as it's competition.

Nintendo should have started hiring and expanding, and opening new studios years ago.

It's Nintendo's own damn fault they are in a situation where they can't provide enough content to satisfy people who would otherwise buy their consoles.

They are the platform holder, They want to continue to have game systems, they need to have systems with enough content to make them worth owning as a competitive product.

Or they will, once again, squander the potential of their now hot console.

Eh, I think it's worth owning right now. I have a ton of games on my Switch and it has been my primary gaming system with some exceptions, like GoW, Souls 3 and Tomb Raider.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
The majority of the games showcased at Microsoft and Sony's conferences are coming out next year, lol. Don't see how the competition is all that different for 2018. Nintendo is the holidays has both Pokemon and Smash which are both going to sell systems.

As soon as they announce a price drop and online features via a Direct the stocks will be up again.
It doesn't need a price drop

Deleted member 5167

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
25 tedious minutes discussing the minutiae of Smash Brothers Ultimate has led me to conclude otherwise.

I mean... are you pretending that literally the only switch games announced were in that direct, or do you just not know any better?
Their choice to make it a de facto Smash Bros direct didn't mean nothing else was announced anywhere else.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the whole point of the Switch was that they wouldn't have to split resources between a console and a handheld. So how is it that we're in such a software drought?
I wonder if perhaps they've had trouble scaling up production, so to speak. It's one thing to change your vision to a single unified platform, it's another to transition your now smaller, fragmented teams who perhaps only had experience with handhelds into larger ones handling more ambitious projects, all compounded by the longer development cycles console games are known for these days.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
While it's kind of barren for the hardcore ninety fans or of having much variety at all, mario party, pokemon and smash is a pretty strong holiday line up especially given many of the big PS4/Xbox titles hit next year.

Smash carried Nintendo to some huge view counts between YouTube and twitch, I still think it's crazy treehouse day one has over 3.4m views, smash also has had the 1 and 2 top trending spots since reveal.

Still, this has been a weak year IMO. I expected some improvement with third parties (not much) and more variety from Nintendo. I have little confidence in the online service either... putting us behind a paywall with no real major game is weird to me.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get that a lot of Nintendo fans are very easily satisfied, but if Switch wants to do huge numbers it's going to have to reach people who want more than ports of old games and Mario spin-offs. I'm not trying to bash the system, I do enjoy my Switch a lot, but that's just the reality of where we are this year.

25 tedious minutes discussing the minutiae of Smash Brothers Ultimate has led me to conclude otherwise.

I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about what I see. I see titles every month being released and other titles picking the space in the months that there's no FP title just like last year with Minecraft and Mario+Rabbids.

June: Mario Tennis, Sushi Striker
July: Captain Toad, Octopath Traveller
August: Monster hunter generations ultimate
September: Fifa 19, NBA2k19
October: Super Mario Party
November: Pokémon Let's go
December: Smash Bros

In no way this is a bad lineup, a drought or something like that. It's exactly the same as last year but with different titles. So yeah, I fundamentally disagree with this notion.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

who are you quoting here? cause this is wrong H1 dont matter for Fiscal year cause Jan to March is last Fiscal Year and this Fiscal Year Started in April, we have 1 Month of sales data so far.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember that analyst also said Switch will be 7-10M units at best on 1st year GC sales Life Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im starting to love Stock reactionary threads when 90% of the people commenting here has no either stocks, nor now how they work, all they want is troll, nintendoom and fearmongering

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's what I want to know. All the devs must working in overtime and plan on releasing in 2019, making it the biggest year for Nintendo ever. Otherwise, they seriously dropped the ball here.

Oct 26, 2017
By squandering it's potential you mean having titles on almost every month like last year? Last year Nintendo had two months without titles (May and August) and in there it was Minecraft and Mario+Rabbids. This year those months are August and September with Monster hunter and Fifa 19/NBA 2k19 picking the spaces. Except for those, there was and will be new titles in every month.

We aren't.

Major Nintendo releases this year:

Bayonetta port
Kirby Star Allies
Labo Variety Kit
Tropical Freeze port
Mario Tennis Aces
Splatoon DLC
Captain Toad port
Xenoblade DLC
Super Mario Party
Pokemon spinoff remake
Smash Bros

3 ports
2 DLCs (though they look very good to be fair!)
6 original games

From an Era perspective, out of the 6 original games, none of them are in-depth single player experiences.
From a sales perspective, there's two 20m+ sellers in Pokemon and Smash Bros, five 3m unit sellers in Super Mario Party, Labo Variety Kit, Kirby, Mario Tennis, and Tropical Freeze.

But it feels like it should be more and the lack of any indication of 2019 is just weird. Like, they will eventually port 3D World and NSMBU to Switch so how could they feel the Switch will have a bigger drought in some month next year than August or September this year?

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Completely deserved. They blew their load in 2017. 2018 is a transitional year for the big 3.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
By squandering it's potential you mean having titles on almost every month like last year? Last year Nintendo had two months without titles (May and August) and in there it was Minecraft and Mario+Rabbids. This year those months are August and September with Monster hunter and Fifa 19/NBA 2k19 picking the spaces. Except for those, there was and will be new titles in every month.
Squandered as in a lack of original first-party software, weak online offering, lacking system software functionality.

For the record, I wasn't entirely thrilled with last year (outside of a few great titles). I expected things to improve on all fronts this year, now that the Switch is in full swing.

I have a theory that there's some kind of an internal struggle happening inside Nintendo. Like, what the hell is happening with Retro?
Well that's likely partly why their stock went down. Several expected titles (Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4) were MIA/delayed with little else to replace them, pointing to development issues at Nintendo, and hence investor confidence is down.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Ah, got to love the stock market. Remember when this happened last year. Nintendo seemed to make it out ok. :

j0xCWlD.jpg

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
"I thought Nintendo merged teams and would now be able to make a AA-AAA Game EVERY MONTH"
Look at every other YEARLY franchise, they take hundreds of Employees and years (2 at best) to make, if not reusing lots of engines and assets

Nintendo been Porting WiiU games too
"B-but porting is easy", If it were that easy then 3rd party is bullshiting their way when they say making Switch Ports would take months of their time too. so let that sink it

Why does everyone here believes Nintendo should be held to a different Standard?

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Uh that's part of the problem. Confirming in advance that there will be no Switch version doesn't make it any better.

Kingdom Hearts was actually a mainstay on Nintendo handhelds before. There was Dream Drop Distance for 3DS, 358/2 Days for DS and Chain of Memories for GBA. Now there's nothing, not even a spinoff game. Why?

And it's not like those big games are the only ones missing, lots of smaller scope games are not coming either like Soul Calibur VI and Darksiders III. It's like Nintendo isn't even trying to get those games despite previous entries appearing on their hardware.

What do you want Nintendo to do. They can't force publishers to sign off switch ports. Or do you want them to pay development costs for every multiple platform game in development

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Biggest disappointment for me is the lack of smaller games like Pushmo, Nes Remix, Rhythm Heaven etc. They seem to think everything has to be a full priced console game. Just give me some lower budget, lower priced wacky shit, Nintendo.

Also, going by the sales so far it looks like that Sushi game would've made more money as a £20 downloadable.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I thought Nintendo merged teams and would now be able to make a AA-AAA Game EVERY MONTH"
Look at every other YEARLY franchise, they take hundreds of Employees and years (2 at best) to make, if not reusing lots of engines and assets

Nintendo been Porting WiiU games too
"B-but porting is easy", If it were that easy then 3rd party is bullshiting their way when they say making Switch Ports would take months of their time too. so let that sink it

Why does everyone here believes Nintendo should be held to a different Standard?

I hold Nintendo to the same standard as Sony or MS, but as it stands, it looks like my PS4 is going to get a lot more usage than my Switch over the next 12 months. The vast majority of the games I'm looking forward to playing aren't coming out on Switch, and as a Switch owner that bums me out.

I bought a Switch, I want to play it but outside of Hollow Knight there's absolutely nothing else announced that interests me.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo reveals its two biggest sellers slated for late 2018. Stock market freaks out.

Suddenly that meme about Era members being shareholders and not players rings true.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you believe in your own conspiracy theory, then Nintendo not participating in a graphical arms race that you previously claimed is investor driven and not consumer driven, not taking all the oxygen with a major first party release every month depriving mid-tier and indies of sales exposure, and putting mid tier projects like TWEWY, Overruled 2 or Daemon Ex Machina front and center of their offerings would be exactly the thing you would want as market course correction.

Dude. Basic things in economics textbooks, that have been in those textbooks for nearly a century are not conspiracy theories just because you don't know anything about them. There is a world that existed long before, and will exist long after you, as well as existing during your lifetime, and the fact there are things in it you don't know anything about, doesn't make for conspiracy theories. When you state basic well established and well known things as conspiracy theories, you look like an insufferable dolt.

2. It's a problem of scale guy, not course. They aren't meeting the content throughput necessary for their hot new system to capitalize on its potential. Pointing out the reason sony and ms can, is because they have the support of dozens of other companies, and Nintendo doesn't have the manpower or partnerships to match it, is not the same thing as saying I want Nintendo to engage in anti competitive practices like price fixing and predatory pricing again, the likes of which they already got sued for like 150 million or some shit back in the day. Oh right, I forgot, you think anything you don't know about isn't real without ever bothering to actually look to see if maybe you just don't know that the thing is actually real despite having the internet at your fingertips.

Yeah so, once again, the 'conspiracy theories' are not theories, and the shit these companies did and do are real, and video game companies like Nintendo have been sued by governments for doing them.

It just means I want Nintendo to release enough games of enough variety to satisfy a decision to purchase the console for people who have not bought one yet.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Major Nintendo releases this year:

Bayonetta port
Kirby Star Allies
Labo Variety Kit
Tropical Freeze port
Mario Tennis Aces
Splatoon DLC
Captain Toad port
Xenoblade DLC
Super Mario Party
Pokemon spinoff remake
Smash Bros

3 ports
2 DLCs (though they look very good to be fair!)
6 original games

From an Era perspective, out of the 6 original games, none of them are in-depth single player experiences.
From a sales perspective, there's two 20m+ sellers in Pokemon and Smash Bros, five 3m unit sellers in Super Mario Party, Labo Variety Kit, Kirby, Mario Tennis, and Tropical Freeze.

But it feels like it should be more and the lack of any indication of 2019 is just weird. Like, they will eventually port 3D World and NSMBU to Switch so how could they feel the Switch will have a bigger drought in some month next year than August or September this year?

Octopath Traveller is a Nintendo release in the west. Sushi Striker is also in there as an original title. Pokémon isn't a spin-off, it's a main game with another focus. And I'm sure we'll see more on a future direct for this year and next like we always do.

Also, about 2019, we always see more of the lineup along the end of the year and beginning of it. Since the creation of directs it's been like that.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While it's kind of barren for the hardcore ninety fans or of having much variety at all, mario party, pokemon and smash is a pretty strong holiday line up especially given many of the big PS4/Xbox titles hit next year.
A thought to consider. If you choose to directly compare the Switch to the PS4 and Xbox, every single third party game not on Switch suddenly is a PS4/Xbox exclusive.

This thread isn't about Nintendo vs it's competition. It's simply about Nintendo's stock price vs expectations for their business.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I think it's worth owning right now. I have a ton of games on my Switch and it has been my primary gaming system with some exceptions, like GoW, Souls 3 and Tomb Raider.

And that's awesome for you. For myself and many others, it's not.

I want to buy a switch. I just don't want to deal with the drip feed desert after I have played all the games the system has that appeals to me, in the first month or two of owning it.

I actually don't care much for the majority of the main stream offerings on ps4/xbone. But their is no denying their content throughput is very satisfactory.

Nintendo literally has the perfect platform and market environment to have that mid tier market with actual upstream mobility environment heaven.... entry barriers aren't artificially raised sky high like psr/xbone, and they aren't too low like steam.... But they aren't giving their platform enough juice to turn over the engine and start it off.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
What do you want Nintendo to do. They can't force publishers to sign off switch ports. Or do you want them to pay development costs for every multiple platform game in development

They could do cross-promotions, like offer Link to return to Soul Calibur VI, and take a Soul Calibur character like Mitsurugi into Smash. I'm sure Namco would be interested. Instead, they put Star Fox into Starlink, a game which holds 0% appeal for me.

Council Pop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, how many people have to say "this is not how the stock market works" before anyone in this thread actually listens? 99% of investors will not be gaming fans or know anything about gaming at all, and the shares they hold in Nintendo will be part of a portfolio covering possibly hundreds of businesses across many different sectors, as having a diverse portfolio is clearly the financially sensible thing to do. All significant shareholders will have their portfolio managed for them by professionals who have a deep understanding of markets from a very general and statistical point of view, and absolutely no interest in the intricacies of video game press cycles. They then advise their clients where to invest their money, and generally err on the side of caution.

Nowhere in this process does video game fandom come into it. Nowhere. Capitalism doesn't give a shit about video games. Shareholders aren't teenagers on message boards, outraged that Nintendo didn't show Metroid Prime 4. They just don't care. They're not selling as some sort of snub to Nintendo. They're just reinvesting their money elsewhere on the advice of market professionals who themselves are reacting to a very general reading of the market in terms of what is going to make their clients the most amount of money in the smallest amount of time. It's very likely that no focus on mobile gaming was part of it, but that's an in-depth as it's going to get- Nintendo could have shown Prime 4, announced Animal Crossing and released Mother 3 immediately after the Direct and it would make absolutely NO difference to any shareholders.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
I literally know 1 person who plays it and he already has a Switch. Between all my friends circles, pretty much all of whom play games, in my 29 years on this planet I know 1 person who plays Smash.

Again maybe I'm wrong, but in my experience it doesn't seem popular at all with casuals.
wow you got me, now I'm convinced that casuals don't play smash, let a lone the massive amounts of celebrities over the past 2 or 3 years begging nintendo for a smash title, or trending number 1 on twitter, you only got one friend that plays smash. I can't compete with that

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Listening to the Giant Bomb Nite One Editor Check in and the description of Nintendo's E3 presence sounds pathetic. Seriously, why did they even bother showing up? They don't even have Super Mario Party on hand, a game of which they showed gameplay during their E3 direct! Just a pathetic showing overall. Spending 30 minutes or more talking about the most basic changes they made to Smash Bros. was totally laughable! Why would do they do that? Like what the fuck?

fucking lol!

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wow you got me, now I'm convinced that casuals don't play smash, let a lone the massive amounts of celebrities over the past 2 or 3 years begging nintendo for a smash title, or trending number 1 on twitter, you only got one friend that plays smash. I can't compete with that

Don't know why you're being such an ass about this tbh. What part of my post sounded like I was trying to convince anyone of anything?

Deleted member 5167

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude. Basic things in economics textbooks, that have been in those textbooks for nearly a century are not conspiracy theories just because you don't know anything about them. There is a world that existed long before, and will exist long after you, as well as existing during your lifetime, and the fact there are things in it you don't know anything about, doesn't make for conspiracy theories. When you state basic well established and well known things as conspiracy theories, you look like an insufferable dolt.

2. It's a problem of scale guy, not course. They aren't meeting the content throughput necessary for their hot new system to capitalize on its potential. Pointing out the reason sony and ms can, is because they have the support of dozens of other companies, and Nintendo doesn't have the manpower or partnerships to match it, is not the same thing as saying I want Nintendo to engage in anti competitive practices like price fixing and predatory pricing again, the likes of which they already got sued for like 150 million or some shit back in the day. Oh right, I forgot, you think anything you don't know about isn't real without ever bothering to actually look to see if maybe you just don't know that the thing is actually real despite having the internet at your fingertips.

Yeah so, once again, the 'conspiracy theories' are not theories, and the shit these companies did and do are real, and video game companies like Nintendo have been sued by governments for doing them.

It just means I want Nintendo to release enough games of enough variety to satisfy a decision to purchase the console for people who have not bought one yet.

No, you continue to maintain that it was a deliberate act not a reflection of market conditions, although Nintendo - accurately - predicted the unsustainability of such a model, which was one of their decisions that eld to the Wii, which the 'core gamers' couldn't hate enough.
There are - right now - literally hundreds of titles available on the Switch.
More games than a human being could possibly play in a year. Nintendo have the support of dozens of companies on the switch.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
You know the real problem here? No MMORPG!

Nintendo needs to get that Final Fantasy XIV, then all will be fine :|

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god, how many people have to say "this is not how the stock market works" before anyone in this thread actually listens? 99% of investors will not be gaming fans or know anything about gaming at all, and the shares they hold in Nintendo will be part of a portfolio covering possibly hundreds of businesses across many different sectors, as having a diverse portfolio is clearly the financially sensible thing to do. All significant shareholders will have their portfolio managed for them by professionals who have a deep understanding of markets from a very general and statistical point of view, and absolutely no interest in the intricacies of video game press cycles. They then advise their clients where to invest their money, and generally err on the side of caution.

Nowhere in this process does video game fandom come into it. Nowhere. Capitalism doesn't give a shit about video games. Shareholders aren't teenagers on message boards, outraged that Nintendo didn't show Metroid Prime 4. They just don't care. They're not selling as some sort of snub to Nintendo. They're just reinvesting their money elsewhere on the advice of market professionals who themselves are reacting to a very general reading of the market in terms of what is going to make their clients the most amount of money in the smallest amount of time. It's very likely that no focus on mobile gaming was part of it, but that's an in-depth as it's going to get- Nintendo could have shown Prime 4, announced Animal Crossing and released Mother 3 immediately after the Direct and it would make absolutely NO difference to any shareholders.

????????????

Animal Crossing with a good online system (note, this is nearly impossible because Nintendo's online engineers are terrible but bear with me here) would sell like 20-25m units.

Even Animal Crossing with garbage online will do 10-15m.

Clix

Banned
And that's awesome for you. For myself and many others, it's not.

I want to buy a switch. I just don't want to deal with the drip feed desert after I have played all the games the system has that appeals to me, in the first month or two of owning it.

I actually don't care much for the majority of the main stream offerings on ps4/xbone. But their is no denying their content throughput is very satisfactory.

Nintendo literally has the perfect platform and market environment to have that mid tier market with actual upstream mobility environment heaven.... entry barriers aren't artificially raised sky high like psr/xbone, and they aren't too low like steam.... But they aren't giving their platform enough juice to turn over the engine and start it off.

I guess? I don't think it's drip feed at all. Like I've said, I think I've gone only one month in which I haven't bought anything for the Switch.

Whether you like what it offers is another thing. And that's fair.

But okay, you don't like what it offers so you won't get one. That's fair. This narrative I'm starved for games is silly unless the games don't interest you. Which is also fair. But if it's not for you, is that a big deal? We don't have to own everything.

I mean, I would love to get an Xbox. I really would. It's a nice machine, and with Sea of Theives and as a 4K media player, it could be my jam. But unless they start getting output from Atlus and the other AA Japanese devs, the system as it stands offers nothing to me. Which is the only reason I have a PS4, because while I enjoy them, I can probably go my life without playing another GoW or Tomb Raider and not miss them (two games I like).

I think Switch will have to rely on first/second party, indies, and AA Japanese games. Which to me is a dream. As for first party, you have a point, and they have to expand and acquire more studios - Western and Japanese. But if you said is true, that they have started hiring and expanding, then that's great!

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I mean, unless you were a smash fan, they really didn't bring much to the table. Some games that we thought were 2018 were pushed back to 2019.

3rd party support Seems down, no fallout, nothing from blizzard or rockstar.

I mean Bethesda hyped up its Nintendo relationship and we got fallout shelter

I'm not even talking about Multi-plats, I'm good with some AAA older ports like GTA5 and Diablo .

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
I remember people saying labbo was gonna be a megahit based on personal anecdotes. Resetera with kid. =\= average person with kid who never heard of resetera. I have not seen or heard of anything kabob outside this forum or twitter. (Follow nothing but games, journalists, publishers, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.