EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
New Entries in Existing Franchises: Tons of exclusives to look forward to.
- Yoshi's Crafted World
- Daemon x Machina
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Bayonetta 3
- Metroid Prime 4
- Luigi's Mansion 3

Big Third Party Ports: Team Sonic Racing? Doom Eternal? Mortal Kombat 11? Take that, old people. Nintendo isn't kiddy no more.

Rumours: Metroid Prime Trilogy port? Can the leakers be salvaged? Or should they die like dogs?

More Wii U Ports: What else can Nintendo cook up, and more precisely where the fuck is The Wonderful 101?

Smash Ultimate DLC: Joker was a curve ball, but what else is in store? Will Nintendo have the balls to add Banjo?

New Hardware: Reports indicate that some new model of Switch is due to hit late 2019. Will it be a Switch-Lite? Switch-Pro? Will it forgo all cartridge access and be a dedicated portable Fortnight machine?

Pikmin 4: Pikmin 4?

LABO: ????????????????????????????

2018 is old news. Give us ya scoop.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SCOOP: there's gonna be one mario game announced at one point

exclusive insider info 2: could be a zelda one as well

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I think Nintendo goes for a Switch Lite before a Switch Pro. I also predict we get Switch Sports and/or Switch Fit.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metroid better be 2019 or it's a fairly barren year for me. Although I might finally get into Fire Emblem again.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope we see 3D World and Xenoblade Chronicles X ports so I can put away my Wii U for good. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD too would be perfect.

New games are secondary.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to Bayonetta 3, but I don't remember any mention of it being released next year...

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Despite the naysayers, Retro's StarFox GrandPrix ends up both looking amazing and ends up garnering hype as "Fox McCloud's greatest showing in ages".

Viewtiful Joe makes a proud return, first with remastered ports of the first two games, and then an announcement of FINALLY a third game, made with a collaboration between Capcom and PlatinumGames. Of course, ports of all of these are available on Switch.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Oh it will be crazy thanks to one single thing:

1280px-International_Pokémon_logo.svg.png

1. Will be the fastest selling Nintendo game ever. Also the most pre-ordered.
  2. The week it comes Media Create will report a new record for hardware units sold.
  3. Next holiday will be the most successful (or very close) for any Nintendo console ever.

Apart from Pokémon, I expect a new Zelda game to be announced (maybe spin-off). Also next Monolith's game.

Oct 25, 2017
My vision/hope for how 2019 will play out is that it'll be a much stronger year in terms of first party releases. Mixed with new hardware and a price but, it'll be Switch's biggest year to date.

I'm kind of hoping Nintendo releases a beefed up Switch within a year and and a half from now, preferably the end of 2019 which is nearly 3 years from launch.
Along with this, they should have a big exclusive that pushes the hardware like...Prime 4? Maybe Mario Odyssey 2 which didn't get any DLC.
Also used to showcase big 3rd party ports like Doom, DQXIS, and maybe KH3 running at a more respectable rate.

I'd love to see The Wonderful 101 ported to Switch, don't think it would do any good at $60, but I'd love it just for myself.
I think Bayonetta should wait till next year. I think launching too close to DMC5 won't do it any good even if it turns out being better (but especially if it's not as good).

We'll be hearing about smash all year which is nice. Would be great to round out every presentation with a smash reveal. We're due for 4 more reveals. Maybe nothing in the January direct since we just got Joker, but maybe Plant releases in Feburary, Joker in April, DLC2 in June, DLC3 in August, DLC4 in October, DLC5 in December.

As for rumored games, I really want Star Fox Racing to be good/real. Starlink gave me a taste of more starfox, but the game underwhelmed a bit. Also the issue that there's going to be 3 anthro animal racing games next year.

I fear that, with the list of announced 1st party games, the line up for the year might be too full already? We have 8 that are Nintendo published, publishing more than 1 per month is probably bad business, a couple ports are probably coming too. Don't see much more coming that hasn't been announced unless a lot isn't coming this year which would be rough for those

Oct 27, 2017
My guesses:

12nm switch revision that improved battery life, removes fan, cuts costs. $250 with dock, etc.

Games

Jan- New Super Mario U
March- Yoshi
May- Fire Emblem
June- Game Freak's Town, a remaster (maybe a 3D Zelda, maybe MPT)
August - (along side price cut/cheaper model) Animal Crossing
September- Luigi's Mansion 3
October - Metroid Prime 4
November- Pokémon

2020: Bayo 3, Pikmin, Paper Mario, Odyssey 2, Zelda 2d

Retro's Star Fox Grand Prix goes another year without being revealed

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll be Switch's best year for sure. Looks to be a ton of first party games, and now that there's been enough time for devs to give it a seat at the table, we'll start seeing more big third party games hitting the market as well.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
There's a ton of games confirmed for this year, but none right now that I think will be mastapieces. Pokemon is the wild card here obviously, where Town seems like an experiment with the new Pokemon engine spun off to a full game, but even then I doubt Gamefreak will shake up the formula beyond the engine and some Let's Go elements.

Of the ones with semi definite release dates, Boxing, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Animal Crossing, Town, Pokemon, I think they'll all fall within the 70-85 range. Good but not exciting. I'm tentatively hopeful for Daemon X Machina, but it won't be higher than an 85 anyway either.

So I see the year making or breaking critically depending on whether Metroid, Bayonetta or Star Fox release. I think the follow up to BotW (maybe a merger with Aonumas thief project) will be 2020.

As for a hardware revision, I think people getting excited are fooling themselves. I expect a more efficient Tegra chip in terms of power expenditure, but at a cost of a worse screen to be able to keep the BOM level or slightly lower.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and Fire Emblem: 3 Houses, I hope they all get released next year.
I also hope they reveal new projects from Retro Studios and Monolith Soft, and I am secretly hoping for a new 2,5D Zelda announcement.

I also hope they reveal an ambitious new IP.

I have very high expectations for the next year, please don't disappoint me, Nintendo!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It has the potential to be the best year for exclusives on any system ever, but everything will need to land well. I think Labo Toy Con 4 is guaranteed, probably to launch alongside or shortly after Yoshi's Handcrafted World with some kind of weird connectivity. I think we'll get one of Star Fox:GP, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, my bet is that Star Fox is the most likely but it's hard to say for sure. In terms of dlc for existing titles, Smash should be great and well received and I expect some kind of substantial update to MK8 for connectivity with Mario Kart Tour. I hope we'll also see some more smaller titles that have been absent so far from the Switch, we know about Town, I expect some kind of Pushmo style puzzle game from HAL or IS. I see Animal Crossing coming out in August when nothing else is really going on and getting several substantial updates throughout the rest of the year. Pokemon Gen 8 will be the biggest game of the year and will get a substantial boost from Detective Pikachu, which will tease a new pokemon in the post credit stinger

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Oh it will be crazy thanks to one single thing:

1280px-International_Pokémon_logo.svg.png

1. Will be the fastest selling Nintendo game ever. Also the most pre-ordered.
  2. The week it comes Media Create will report a new record for hardware units sold.
  3. Next holiday will be the most successful (or very close) for any Nintendo console ever.

Apart from Pokémon, I expect a new Zelda game to be announced (maybe spin-off). Also next Monolith's game.

Especially if Detective Pikachu ends up being a huge hit (which it is already looking like it will be). Gen 8 should be announced fully right around the time the movie is out, so hype levels should be off the charts.

A Zelda game is a pretty solid lock. Nintendo has had some kind of Zelda release every year since 2013. 2012 didn't have one, but 2011 had two and 2013 had two. It will likely either be a 2D game, a spinoff, or a remaster, but I'm pretty confident in saying that a Zelda game of some kind is on the way next year.

Jan 2, 2018
Of the ones with semi definite release dates, Boxing, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Animal Crossing, Town, Pokemon, I think they'll all fall within the 70-85 range. Good but not exciting. I'm tentatively hopeful for Daemon X Machina, but it won't be higher than an 85 anyway either.

Why would Metacritic take away excitement for those games?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Excited mostly for the following stuff we know:
- Fire Emblem Three Houses
- Pokemon Gen 8

Hoping for anything of the below:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe big update.
- Some info regarding Wave Race or F-Zero, whatever it is, even an HD port or some acknowledgement that something is happening.
- An HD port of something other than Wii U games (Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Trilogy...)
- Remake of Super Mario 64 or Sunshine
- Spyro Trilogy port
- Pokemon Let's Go update
- Info / tease of Mario Odyssey sequel
- Remake of an old 2D Zelda game (Lint to the Past, Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons...)
- Some impressive "holy shit this is it" trailer for MP4, don't care if it's not coming this year, just get me to BotW levels of hype

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
With Detective Pikachu releasing in May, ostensibly right in the middle between Let's Go and Pokemon 2019, I wonder which game will benefit the most.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
My gut tells me that the back half of 2019 is time for Mario Maker, whether that takes the form of a Wii U port or a new title. It just seems like the right time.

I think we'll also at the very least see Retro's title (Star Fox Racer?) and Pikmin 4 by the end of 2019.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I think we'll see Mario Maker Switch and a 3D world port.

Im expecting a certain Starfox Racer and it will look delicious.

Third party wise we will see lots of exclusives like Bravely Default and also solid porta like Persona 5 and the likes. Im expecting both western and Japanese third party support to ramp up.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Pretty excited for the (assumed) January direct and to see how the first half lineup really will lineup. And retros new game whatever it winds up being

In particular I'm really looking forward to marvel ultimate alliance 3 and we should hopefully get even more info and a release date in the next direct. Same goes for Daemon X Machina

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Third party support will depend greatly on how the cartridge situation improves in 2019. If Nintendo manages to get prices down and makes higher capacity cartridges more affordable, we're going to see some "no-brainer" ports we expected this year.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The only thing I'm really looking forward to is Metroid Prime 4 so I think it might be another underwhelming year for me. I'll play most of the first-party stuff but like 2018 I'm expecting most of it to be unremarkable 6-7/10.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty excited for the (assumed) January direct and to see how the first half lineup really will lineup. And retros new game whatever it winds up being

In particular I'm really looking forward to marvel ultimate alliance 3 and we should hopefully get even more info and a release date in the next direct. Same goes for Daemon X Machina
A lot of people were expecting bigger reveal at the game awards, but I'm hoping it's just that content is being saved for next month's show

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Third party support will depend greatly on how the cartridge situation improves in 2019. If Nintendo manages to get prices down and makes higher capacity cartridges more affordable, we're going to see some "no-brainer" ports we expected this year.

Yeah this really is paramount. I don't know how they can do it but they really have to get those prices down ASAP. A 32GB card costs a publisher over $20. Ridiculous.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
im really excited for switch 2019 mostly for pokemon and animal crossing both games will just eat my game time up but i will also toss out my predictions.

January - New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
February - 3rd parth month maybe wii u port
March - Yoshi's Crafted World
April - insert wii u port here and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
June - Fire Emblem Three houses
July - Daemon X machina and Town
August - Animal Crossing Switch
September - Luigi's Mansion 3
October - Metroid Prime 4
November - Pokemon gen 8
December - Super Mario 3D world port and possibly bayonetta 3

outside of wii u ports i see most annoucements this year being 3rd party and some stuff for 2020.

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Line up looks stacked. But i expect delays for Luigi, Pokemon & possibly MP4. They can get away with Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Yoshi and some unannounced casual thing. Throw in two more Wii U ports and you are done. Star Fox Racer will remain a myth this year.

Jan 11, 2018
I won't belive in Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 being 2019 until they actually tell us it's 2019.

Regardless, it should be a massive year for Nintendo, simply with NSMBUDX, Smash DLC, Pokémon Gen 8 and Animal Crossing all being a thing

EDIT: Also, can we please know if RETRO is still alive next year? At least Next Level Games is, even though they're not doing what I would like to see them do...

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Next year is going to awesome on Switch
Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing, and Pokémon Gen 8 are three huge games for me.
Having Joker in Smash is going to be awesome and there's possibly a P5 port coming to Switch as well.
Then there's Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Daemon X Machina to look forward to, and maybe/probably Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 as well as whatever else might be on the way.
Oh and Sonic Team Racing and Crash Team Racing to fill my kart racing itch.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Line up looks stacked. But i expect delays for Luigi, Pokemon & possibly MP4. They can get away with Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Yoshi and some unannounced casual thing. Throw in two more Wii U ports and you are done. Star Fox Racer will remain a myth this year.

MP4 doesn't have a date yet so it not making 2019 wouldn't be a delay.

And when was the last time a Pokemon game was delayed? I can see LM3 being delayed since that looked kinda rough but I think it's silly to assume things will be delayed by default.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo will get all my money and play time in 2019. That's the prediction I'm sticking with.

Oct 25, 2017
It's already over five years since they finished their last game, so if they don't show up soon then something is very wrong.

I feel like I've been saying that for the last year though, and they're still silent.
Yeah, if they don't ship a game in the next year and a half, can't imagine they'll stay open.

Though TF sold pretty well on switch

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
New Entries in Existing Franchises: Tons of exclusives to look forward to.
- Yoshi's Crafted World
- Daemon x Machina
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Bayonetta 3
- Metroid Prime 4
- Luigi's Mansion 3

Big Third Party Ports: Team Sonic Racing? Doom Eternal? Mortal Kombat 11? Take that, old people. Nintendo isn't kiddy no more.

Rumours: Metroid Prime Trilogy port? Can the leakers be salvaged? Or should they die like dogs?

More Wii U Ports: What else can Nintendo cook up, and more precisely where the fuck is The Wonderful 101?

Smash Ultimate DLC: Joker was a curve ball, but what else is in store? Will Nintendo have the balls to add Banjo?

New Hardware: Reports indicate that some new model of Switch is due to hit late 2019. Will it be a Switch-Lite? Switch-Pro? Will it forgo all cartridge access and be a dedicated portable Fortnight machine?

Pikmin 4: Pikmin 4?

LABO: ????????????????????????????

2018 is old news. Give us ya scoop.

Finally we get to find out what the hell Retro have been doing since 2014 other than BBQ.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It's already over five years since they finished their last game, so if they don't show up soon then something is very wrong.

I feel like I've been saying that for the last year though, and they're still silent.

It's possible that they are doing (or helping with) the MPT remaster. That along with the TF port can help explain why it's been a while since they've released an original game.

But hopefully we do see Star Fox GP this E3, yeah.