Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It makes sense if there's any more Mega Drive games coming later, which I think we all assume will be the case.

There wasn't any chance of them doing a batch of games without a Sonic game and there's no particular reason to start with the first one over Sonic 2.
Second one's more popular anyway in my personal experience.

Firmware update released
OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Update available now. Firmware 13.1.0.

Changelog:

Ver. 13.1.0 (Released October 25, 2021)

- Added support for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

The maintenance hasn't ended yet, so even if you download the update, can't buy the new subscription yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
The new firmware is ver. 13.1.0. I can't find any other noteworthy changes, seems like the new NSO plan is the only new feature.

Oct 25, 2017
The Genesis and N64 Modules are up on the eshop as a free download. The Online Service isn't up yet, though. Oh, you can activate it through the modules. And signed up...

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the Switch Online page on desktop and it's saying that my family plan will be $0.00 to upgrade? I'm currently subscribed through to September 2024. Kind of confused as to when I'll be charged next.

Edit: Uh, I think it just charged me nothing but changed my renewal date to October 2022. This kind of sucks.

Last edited:

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the Switch Online page on desktop and it's saying that my family plan will be $0.00 to upgrade? I'm currently subscribed through to September 2024. Kind of confused as to when I'll be charged next.

Edit: Uh, I think it just charged me nothing but changed my renewal date to October 2022. This kind of sucks.

yeah this is confusing as hell if you are an existing family plan member, i have a family plan good till 3/2023 and when I click the membership upgrade it seems to want to charge me $34, says it will be good for 12 months, but the math doesn't seem right. i think, i have no idea. I'll just wait lol

Ryunosuke Naruhodo

Alt-Account
Banned
May 8, 2021
Can I get people from other countries to join my family plan? I've had a NSO subscription since release but never had the family plan, and now with the expansion a friend of mine wants us to get the family pack. Thanks!

Kolma

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Nintendo doing specialized controls for each game is amazing
h2XCitX.jpg
WrFgDJA.jpg

Mario 64 maps right analog to c-buttons
But Sin and Punishment maps right analog to middle analog just like left analog. This allows you to aim with right or left analog and they also set X and Y to left and right c-buttons so that you can strafe with either d-pad or X and Y. and then use zL or zR to shoot, and L or R to jump

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you used a code as a sub instead of direct from Nintendo, it does still prorate.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
So if I read correctly, [deep breath] you don't so much as add expansion pass to an existing membership as you do start again on a new year membership equipped with expansion pass. Said new membership's price is discounted based on how long you have left on current subscription?

...I should not be trying to figure this out at 2:49am @.@

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Oooh, it remove days if you have more than 1 year sub, damn it sucks indeed.
yeah this is confusing as hell if you are an existing family plan member, i have a family plan good till 3/2023 and when I click the membership upgrade it seems to want to charge me $34, says it will be good for 12 months, but the math doesn't seem right. i think, i have no idea. I'll just wait lol
Same, family plan and it says 22€ to upgrade but it's like it's removing all your sub and start again for 12 months.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Of course they don't let you switch from a regular family plan to a personal expansion plan. >:( Bleh.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*checks Mario Kart 64 for ghost data*

"No N64 Controller Pak detected"

.......controller pak required games are gonna be screwed for a THIRD time, aren't they....

Oh yeah, US can toggle if you want the EU versions of some titles like Star Fox, Zelda, Mario, or Winback to be playable as well.

Do all the games that worked with the rumble pak back then have rumble here with the switch controller?
Yes, there's even an option to turn it on or off.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
How worries should I be about getting some OLED burn in from gaming N64 games too much? I'm paranoid the borders are gonna get burnt in lol

theLusitanian

Nov 3, 2017
Can you remap the buttons? I am not sure why Nintendo insists post SNES that mapping BA to BA works and not the superior YB. It might be a me problem, but them mapping directly to the same named buttons in the diamond configuration doesn't work for me mentally. It's a physical memory thing to have my thumb resting on an upward slant for the more frequently used action buttons.

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017
Can you remap the buttons? I am not sure why Nintendo insists post SNES that mapping BA to BA works and not the superior YB. It might be a me problem, but them mapping directly to the same named buttons in the diamond configuration doesn't work for me mentally. It's a physical memory thing to have my thumb resting on an upward slant for the more frequently used action buttons.

YB Forever.

I see switch settings I can change mapping, but then I have to change it everytime I switch games? Seems odd unless I am making something specific to the N64 app.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no these controls...

I realize they were having to pick between bad feeling or confusing so there wasn't really an obvious good choice, but still.