• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Worst activity log ever.

We need a copy paste of the 3ds log ASAP!

Callego

Nov 22, 2017
Wasn't the Wii's total playtime stats hidden in the Nintendo Channel that had little purpose? Now that Wiis are offline does that mean our hours are gone forever?
I'm sure the Switch issue will be fixed but it's pretty hilarious that this would even happen. I don't know why I like playtime stats so much but I really enjoy checking them out.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Way to overreact to what is obviously a bug which has a 99% chance of being resolved as quickly as possible.
This thread makes me feel old.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Let's do regular check with Switch threads:

Hyperbole

Drive-by shitposting

Jumping to conclusions

Yup, it's your typical Switch thread on ResetEra.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
200.gif

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the Wii's total playtime stats hidden in the Nintendo Channel that had little purpose? Now that Wiis are offline does that mean our hours are gone forever?
I'm sure the Switch issue will be fixed but it's pretty hilarious that this would even happen. I don't know why I like playtime stats so much but I really enjoy checking them out.
Nah, Wii's is in the system itself, on the bottom-right corner of the home menu. You can even go back to the first day you played it (so long as you never had to send it in for repairs, where they wiped all of our data...).

Edit: oh, total playtime? Didn't know Wii had that, so I guess you're right

NeonStars

Feb 23, 2018
You can't be serious... you do know his post is sarcasm, right?

With how dramatic people here can be I don't blame them for not detecting the joke.

Honestly I can't believe people get THIS upset over a minor bug about a playlog of all things. Save your anger for more important things, huh?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked. BotW went from 275 hours to 0. I wonder if Nintendo's fix will restore the number, or just prevent things from being lost again in the future.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
If we all rally up and start demanding for substantial OS additions, to the same degree as Operation Rainfall, do you guys think we would get a solid response?

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
As someone who is worryingly obsessed with my Activity Log this saddened me to see this afternoon when I turned on my Switch. :( I'm glad they're already on the case to fixing it, I really hope nothing is lost. :(

While we're at it, why is it so hard to just copy and paste the glorious 3DS Activity Log? :| Since then they haven't had very good ones at all, even that one wasn't perfect (deletes stuff after a bit of time UGH) but still.

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio, USA
Just checked. BotW went from 275 hours to 0. I wonder if Nintendo's fix will restore the number, or just prevent things from being lost again in the future.
It doesn't look like anything is even lost. It went back to displaying the amount of days ago you started playing, which always tracked the hours played to display after the 10 days were up. I'm pretty confident that the assumption that Nintendo just didn't use years in that date comparison is right and it's just a display bug.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we can only be really sure in 9-10 days, but that thread title is wrong, isn't it?

It says "First played 0 days ago" or "First played 1 day ago" (because I got my Switch one day early), not "Played for a few hours". I'm pretty sure the actual number of hours played isn't lost at all, it's just that Switch won't display it for the first ten days.

iKnackwurst

Oct 25, 2017
My activity log shows first played 0 days ago for BOTW, but the text is still blue. That means the Switch knows i played for more than 50 hours telling me the data isn't lost but just hidden.

CoinStarDX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's doing the thing it does before ten days after you play.
The data is still there's it just doesn't surface until ten days after the first time you play a game, which the switch thinks you haven't because Nintendo forgot years were a thing.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still believe that Nintendo knew about this days ago. It fits too well with them pulling the switch game reviews that use play time as a qualifier.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I still believe that Nintendo knew about this days ago. It fits too well with them pulling the switch game reviews that use play time as a qualifier.
You really think this is a conspiracy to screw over people, not what it actually is, a small bug in the display that reads the days based on d/m format until ten days in without taking account the year, that will be gone next update with all logged hours being intact?

Oct 26, 2017
You really think this is a conspiracy to screw over people, not what it actually is, a small bug in the display that reads the days based on d/m format until ten days in without taking account the year, that will be gone next update with all logged hours being intact?
He was being sarcastic :P

EDIT: Oh, nvm, misread it. Albeit, I don't think he meant that it was a conspiracy theory or anything

Last edited:

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Might just be me but it sounds like Nintendo's wording implies some kind of update to the playtime tracking system.

Can we maybe.... Reset the clock? Are there any left to reset?

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Damn man... I don't feel like my post equates to a conspiracy theory about Nintendo "screwing people over".

I merely meant to say that I feel like Nintendo probably started seeing this issue a few days to a week ago and decided to pull that review feature as a result. Nothing malicious there, it just makes more sense than their initial response to pulling reviews.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
The reviews are based on the amount of time played, so if there was an issue with that it would make sense to pull the reviews. He's probably right as Nintendo had the systems longer than any of us so they would have seen this days before us.

Oct 27, 2017

I think he meant they realized this bug would be an issue when they were testing reviews which is why they pulled them and why they were able to respond so fast

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
The reviews are based on the amount of time played, so if there was an issue with that it would make sense to pull the reviews. He's probably right as Nintendo had the systems longer than any of us so they would have seen this days before us.
But time played isn't actually deleted, it's just hidden from view because the Switch thinks you have been playing the game for fewer than ten days. That's obvious because games you play particularly long are coloured differently.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really don't want to derail the thread or anything

But why this is important?

Doesn't game itself record the playtime?

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
With how dramatic people here can be I don't blame them for not detecting the joke.

Honestly I can't believe people get THIS upset over a minor bug about a playlog of all things. Save your anger for more important things, huh?

Maybe spend your time in topics you care about then?

I don't care about trophies but if there was a glitch where trophies reset and I went into the topic saying "whatever care about more important things " would it go over as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.