• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just bought a neon red/blue switch with mario odyssey. according to amazon its supposed to come tomorrow already, lol, gonna be interesting how that pans out. can't wait

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just got a Pro controller and I have to say, it feels fantastic. If it had analogue triggers it would easily be my go-to controller for everything.
Nooo, don't say that! I don't wanna spend another 60 bucks!
I am a new Switch that is playing Zelda at the moment but I don't like the joy con's that much but it's playable. I think I'll hold off and see how much I like the Switch and then bite the bullet and get a pro controller.

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Joy-Con's work well enough for Zelda, but just wait until you play a game that has you mashing the face buttons non-stop and their clickiness will start to really annoy you.

eklesp

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah I too love the pro controller. I don't mind the joy cons, but man they feel so tiny.

Have been playing The End is Nigh with pro controller and it has been amazing, I didn't think the tiny sticks would work well for a game with that kind of precision.
I was really surprised at how well the Joycons do with it once I tried. So much toilet gaming now.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone picking up One Piece Musou today? Looking for some impressions of the port

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any third party joycon already? Mine broke/is breaking because of Rocket League, really poor build quality on the triggers, and I don't want to buy another and have the same problem.

Almost wanted to make a thread but that would get too much attention.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This being my first Nintendo console I really don't get the Super Mario Odyssey hysteria. I found it....good but certainly not amazing. BoTW is far and away the better game imo.

I agree but how far have you gotten? no spoilers obviously but the ending of that game which really includes all of the lead up to the actual ending is amazing. it's not my favorite Mario game by any stretch but it has some amazing moments during the back half. it ends on a high note.

I hope Galaxy/3D World style Mario isn't dead though, that's Mario to me

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nooo, don't say that! I don't wanna spend another 60 bucks!
I am a new Switch that is playing Zelda at the moment but I don't like the joy con's that much but it's playable. I think I'll hold off and see how much I like the Switch and then bite the bullet and get a pro controller.
Just do it. For tv play or any game that really asks you to use the right stick, the Pro controller is a big upgrade over the joycons.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My parents bought a Switch at Gamestop for me for Christmas (we're not even gonna keep up the pretense of whether or not I'll get it lol, my mom took me with her to buy it so she'd get the right color). Gamestop offered a warranty for 30 dollars, but we didn't take it. I'm not sure if that was a good idea or not--Switches don't really seem to have many issues besides the left joycon thing though I don't know if that's still a thing.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just went to the eshop and saw that Heart&Slash is coming tomorrow.....WTF I didn't see this shit advertised before! One of my favorite indie games on the go is pretty great and I recommend people try it out.

RY2D

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Only 4 days to go until I'll finally be able to get my hands on the Switch! Getting the Odyssey bundle with Mario kart 8.

Nov 4, 2017
Does anybody know much about how existing accounts will work in terms of regions etc?

I live in Australia but I have a US 3DS I bought when I was over in the states a few years ago (after conversion it worked out to be like $80 cheaper, games were like $20 cheaper). I know Switch is supposed to be "region free", so does that mean I can use my existing My Nintendo account but tell it I'm in Australia now? I want to hold onto the account just incase they bring existing purchases across for VC (I know, not likely, it's Nintendo).

Or would it just be best to setup a new account and keep my old one as a NA account?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
People in the *Best Battle Music* thread posting Persona music makes me have a gaping hole that needs to be filled with Persona 4 Golden/Persona 5 ports, atlus pls.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
A friend who usually is pretty good with predictions thinks the virtual console will have GameCube games AND that nintendo will not release a joycon with pressure sensitive L and R buttons =|

Nov 4, 2017
A friend who usually is pretty good with predictions thinks the virtual console will have GameCube games AND that nintendo will not release a joycon with pressure sensitive L and R buttons =|
Won't that render quite a few games completely unplayable unless the remap the controls? A quick google search tells me the Pro controller doesn't even have analogue triggers, which leaves me scratching my head wondering how exactly this thing is "Pro" in any way. I don't see where the AU$89 price tag is justified when a PS4 controller is $10 cheaper and has:
-Pressure sensitive buttons
-Lights!
-A built in speaker
-Motion sensitivity
-Touch pad
-3.5mm 4-pole jack for mic+headphones
-You can also use it for SteamLink/PC

I mean, I'll still buy the Pro controller because I'm a thirsty b@#$ for Nintendo... but does it do something amazing I'm not aware of to justify that price?

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the past 5 years I've enjoyed only a handful of indie games. I tend to think they have terrible art, or I just can't get into ugly 8 bit pixel games unless they're extraordinarily well done. But just in the past couple months I've bought 3 of them on Switch that I think are awesome. Splasher, Steamworld Dig 2, and just yesterday Enter the Gungeon.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Received my used Neon Switch yesterday. Part of me was scared as I had no idea in which condition the console would be delivered. Fortunately, the console actually looks brand new. Not a single scratch. Bought Mario Odyssey and Zelda with it as well and I was pleasantly surprised by the graphics on the screen. The one thing that bugs me is that it's incredibly annoying the pull out that damn stand from the switch.

So I should be receiving my amFilm screen protector tomorrow, but still need to buy a carry case. You guys got any recommendations? The one from Hori seems decent.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Well it could mean they have tapped out the lion share oft their market. Wii wasn't freely available for like 2 years. Most Consoles sell out every shipment for the first year.
PS4 was no longer consistently selling out of its stock by the time Destiny came out, before the ramp up to the holiday season. It's sold more than 60 million units.

The majority of Wii units were sold after the console started to become more widely available in early 2009.

Stock levels don't mean anything about whether demand has tapped out until it's clear that new game releases are no longer moving product. We're talking about Nintendo selling a pretty large number of units in the first year on the back of just its year-one Switch releases. There are still several more years of games to come.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Seconding the request for a protective carry case. Initially I was planning to take my 3DS and Vita with me when I visit family over Christmas, but the lure of Mario, Rabbids, Stardew and Romancing SaGa is too much.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I should be receiving my amFilm screen protector tomorrow, but still need to buy a carry case. You guys got any recommendations? The one from Hori seems decent.

Seconding the request for a protective carry case. Initially I was planning to take my 3DS and Vita with me when I visit family over Christmas, but the lure of Mario, Rabbids, Stardew and Romancing SaGa is too much.
I continue to think this is the best overall case.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY9JB2U/?tag=era0f0-20

It's well built and feels sturdy, it holds the Switch nice and snugly, and it has space to carry 8 game cards with you at all times, as well as a few tiny accessories.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
My brother's switch was not switching to portable mode and required a reboot, has that happened to any of you?

Nov 9, 2017
Anyone have any experience displaying their switch on a computer monitor instead of a TV? A google search says a simple HDMI to DVI cable + something for the speakers used to work but the 4.0 patch disabled this and it no longer works.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Any opinions on Samsung 128GB EVO Plus (not "+", same as Select I believe), latest version? UHS class 3, "up to 100Mb/s", not A1 certified but seems to have comparable random access IOPS performance to the popular Sandisk cards. Only drawback seems to be slow 2MB random writes. It's card available to me locally before Christmas.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
Anyone have any experience displaying their switch on a computer monitor instead of a TV? A google search says a simple HDMI to DVI cable + something for the speakers used to work but the 4.0 patch disabled this and it no longer works.
When I tried to use a HDMI to DVI cable with my Switch I was limited to 480p with a really noisy signal which I doubt was from the cable as it works fine with anything else I use it with. Converting to VGA or just using HDMI has given me no issues

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gawddammit, After not bothering with Nintendo products since the 64, I've turned a corner, and might have become a fanboy. Thanks to the combination of the SNES classic, Hakchi, and the Switch. It's also kind of funny that the reason I didn't bother with Nintendo post-64 was because of absent of Street Fighter on Nintendo after the SNES. Now the Switch has it, and I don't want it.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
This being my first Nintendo console I really don't get the Super Mario Odyssey hysteria. I found it....good but certainly not amazing. BoTW is far and away the better game imo.
If you haven't been playing Mario for years then some of the effect might be diminished. It plays pretty heavily on the warm fuzzies throughout, but especially at the end. That said, it should still wow you to some extent even if it's your first Mario game. Very few other game offers this kind moveset and control of a character in 3D space.

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so torn right now. I really want a Switch but I've got so many big games on my backlog (The Witcher, Persona, Metal Gear, Yakuza) that I might feel guilty buying a Switch. But Zelda and Mario would make for such a cozy and jolly Christmas Day! The Switch would also be an investment for all the games down the road. But am I just using that as an excuse to justify a purchase in time for Christmas? By the time I clear my backlog, all of the Switch's games and more will still be waiting for me and maybe with various price drops. Argh I'm so torn! Somebody help me reach a decision!

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Is Mario + Rabbids supposed to be so quiet? Even at 90% volume with earphones I feel like it's barely there.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
I'm so torn right now. I really want a Switch but I've got so many big games on my backlog (The Witcher, Persona, Metal Gear, Yakuza) that I might feel guilty buying a Switch. But Zelda and Mario would make for such a cozy and jolly Christmas Day! The Switch would also be an investment for all the games down the road. But am I just using that as an excuse to justify a purchase in time for Christmas? By the time I clear my backlog, all of the Switch's games and more will still be waiting for me and maybe with various price drops. Argh I'm so torn! Somebody help me reach a decision!
I also had quite the backlog when I purchased the Switch, but honestly it is a console works very well as a secondary console to say a PS4 or a PC. For instance, I am going on Christmas holiday and am bringing the Switch with me because it is a portable as well. Or you play in bed etc. I say get it if you can afford it. I am very happy with mine and I find time for both my Switch and my PS4

Wander

Oct 25, 2017
My parents bought a Switch at Gamestop for me for Christmas (we're not even gonna keep up the pretense of whether or not I'll get it lol, my mom took me with her to buy it so she'd get the right color). Gamestop offered a warranty for 30 dollars, but we didn't take it. I'm not sure if that was a good idea or not--Switches don't really seem to have many issues besides the left joycon thing though I don't know if that's still a thing.

If the warranty includes accidental coverage than $30 is pretty good considering the Switch is mobile.

Leon123

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I just checked my new Switch for any bends and it actually did have some. But I tried bending it back myself and it actually did straighten out.
So it seems structurally it's quite strong.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Any chance that Capcom ports Dead Rising Remastered to Switch? They want to port more games to it right? I would buy it ASAP :)

How does Doom run on Switch so far? Is the performance still wonky when there are tons of enemies on the screen?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More likely that they have listened to the past criticisms. The SNES classic is in stock here too.

Where is here? I've still never seen a SNES Classic in stores or at MSRP online.

I know this is a little OT, but after buying the Switch and playing and beating Zelda in its entirety in handheld mode, it made me dust off my Vita which i havent touched in years. It reminded me about the joys of a good handheld.

So after dusting my Vita off i went and bought Odin Sphere on sale, and im enjoying this system alot again.

That's funny, I also bought Odin Sohere on sale a couple weeks ago and have been playing a lot of Vita because of it.

That D-Pad. Glorious.
In the past 5 years I've enjoyed only a handful of indie games. I tend to think they have terrible art, or I just can't get into ugly 8 bit pixel games unless they're extraordinarily well done. But just in the past couple months I've bought 3 of them on Switch that I think are awesome. Splasher, Steamworld Dig 2, and just yesterday Enter the Gungeon.

Your definition of indie games seems to be very narrow. Maybe that's the problem.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Going on a 12 hour road trip tomorrow so bought Minecraft for my son to b play in route. Also Zelda for me. So have kart odyssey Zelda and Minecraft for it. Not bad for having it running a week.

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
My left joy-con's stick got worse, so I bought a pro controller. Feels very nice. I mean, I still need to get a new left joy-con for handheld mode, but at least docked is a lot more comfortable now.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, what's the story on Tactical Mind?

It's $3 and it looks nice for the price but is it any good? Is it just shovelware?

I can't find any impressions.