edit: its a definitive edition not a new game

Last edited:

NyxKiria

Self-Requested Permanent Ban
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
lS7zbs8.jpg

Just picked up my new 400 GB card <3

New? As in the sequel of the PS4/Vita game released last year?

A Switch port of that game would be nice. I haven't had the chance to play it on PS4.

Looks like its "Definitive edition" of the first game

https://gematsu.com/2018/02/god-wars-definitive-edition-announced-ps4-switch-ps-vita

Last edited:

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
ERA opinion requested. I'd like to purchase another controller soon. I really enjoy my grey Joy-cons, and the whole split controller thing, but I'm thinking for other players, my wife, they may want the Pro controller. But I do like the Splatoon Joy-cons, and I imagine they will go out of stock soon enough. Still I think getting the Pro might be worth it for the better analogs, but I know the d-pad stinks. However, maybe a future editing could fix that issue.

I can't make up my mind. Please make it up for me.

SteveWD40

Oct 29, 2017
So Payday 2 is out this month and I like the idea of a "real world" FPS on Switch, with 100+ guns and customization etc...

The dev's have been labelled as scum in many online spaces, but I hear things may have improved in terms of support? I am more curious as to which of the many DLC are included, is this the Ultimate Edition? it seems like the DLC more than doubles the content, so I may skip it if it's not there.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
[repost]Guys is there a way to identify if standalone joycons (two pack and single L or R packs) are the newer fixed version right from the box?
Anybody?

400GB card is going to be needed for us all digital people. Sad part is it still is not enough.

I don't need EVERY game installed at the same time. Most of the ones I play more often are arcade titles and those are all pretty small. I'm content with my Sandisk 200 GB card which I paid just €42.
I'd never spend over €80 for an SD card, let alone €200.
I'd prefer buying another 200GB and save €150, two cards is still convenient enough compared to going retail

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Whats the maximum size storage for Switch?

Planning to get one in the future and will likely go full digital.

(Also are the digital purchases tied to the Nintendo ID account like PSN or is it like the other Nintendo systems where its tied to the system?)

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017

(Also are the digital purchases tied to the Nintendo ID account like PSN or is it like the other Nintendo systems where its tied to the system?)
Your purchases are tied to your Nintendo account, but your saves are tied to the system

NyxKiria

Banned
Dec 15, 2017

Switch support up to 2 TB though there are no cards that big currently

512 GB card should go on sale this month

All purchases are tied to your Nintendo account (saves are stored internally and never on micro sd card for now

Arimanaguchi

Oct 25, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
The Switch has got to be my favorite Nintendo console. It's so much fun; I love that it's portable and modular, being able to take it with me and play at work, or switch to my monitor when I'm home (or back to portable when I need to be elsewhere around the house.) I've been really enjoying Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade, and look forward to when the online service launches. Super excited for the future of this thing.

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
After the epic Xenoblade 2 I started Golf Story last weekend. It's a fun and simple game, very relaxing. There are some things I don't really feel yet, like the way the wind influences my balls, but overall I'm really enjoying it. Definitely recommended, especially with the current discount.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any sort of grip I can attach to the joycons for handheld mode play? Ones that don't have to be removed when using the dock?

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got my Switch today and to no surprise whatsoever it had a dead pixel. I just hope i don't have to send back too many before i get one without a defect screen. With the exception of my first Gameboy i have never bought a handheld console that didn't have a screen with dead pixels and had to be returned. PSP is the only one that i ever gave up on and just returned it for good after a few tries however.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Probably a dumb question but:
Can I buy a download code from a european region and redeem it in a different EU eshop country?
Case in point, I want to buy Bayo 2 digital from a UK store (GAME) to redeem it on the french eshop. Would that work? I did that in the past with 3DS, but have no idea if it still works on Switch...

And to be clear, I am not looking to switch eshop regions, this has nothing to do with my question. It's just about download codes/cards.

NyxKiria

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Probably a dumb question but:
Can I buy a download code from a european region and redeem it in a different EU eshop country?
Case in point, I want to buy Bayo 2 digital from a UK store (GAME) to redeem it on the french eshop. Would that work? I did that in the past with 3DS, but have no idea if it still works on Switch...

And to be clear, I am not looking to switch eshop regions, this has nothing to do with my question. It's just about download codes/cards.

You can download eshop games from different eshop regions and play with your main account but you need to make a new account for specific region to buy/redeem/download it

Not sure about DLC

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
You can download eshop games from different eshop regions and play with your main account but you need to make a new account for specific region to buy/redeem/download it

Not sure about DLC

So they changed it from the WiiU/3DS era then? Since I got Pikmin 3 and M&L Dream Team from the UK before.
Oh well. Thanks for the info.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I usually use the 2nd method for Dualshock 4.

It's the most convenient way as you can charge as you play, provided you have a power socket near your couch like me.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
You should prolly get the Nyko charger. I've got one ones for my PS4 and they're very convenient. I just drop my controller to charge them, no need to align any USB ports and I avoid wearing them down.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just got back from my first trip abroad with my Switch. Was so awesome being able to play Doom during the soul-destroyingly long waits for trains.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Samsung Evo U3 SD Card is good for the Switch right?

I lost my other SD card that i bought for the Switch before so buying a new one forgot which one that was

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
Excited to get my Skull & Co gripcase this week. Unfortunately, it blocks the 2 USB ports on the dock when docked though.

Also, I have a "SanDisk 200gb sdxc I" card, also labeled "LG mobile". Would this be okay for Switch? I believe I got it from upgrading phones via T-Mobile a few years ago.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
So has anyone else been having issues with Best Buy cancelling orders? Every now and then Best Buy will rather arbitrarily cancel my online order, even when I have the available funds in my account. I actually lost out on both of my GCU Offers because of it.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Excited to get my Skull & Co gripcase this week. Unfortunately, it blocks the 2 USB ports on the dock when docked though.

Let us know how the L/R ZL/ZR buttons feel under the cover because that's what stopped me backing, I'm not convinced it'll be as responsive as the "naked" buttons are

Also, I have a "SanDisk 200gb sdxc I" card, also labeled "LG mobile". Would this be okay for Switch? I believe I got it from upgrading phones via T-Mobile a few years ago.

Yes.

Last edited:

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Is it recommended to take your Switch out of the dock when charging your Pro Controller? ( connected to dock via USB)

I took mine and out just in case.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Just bought a grey coloured switch last week. Arms is a damn fine game so far, I haven't even popped in Splatoon yet.

Now the big question - what colour do I get my second Joycon set in? Double Red, blue, both? Yellow?!

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Just bought a grey coloured switch last week. Arms is a damn fine game so far, I haven't even popped in Splatoon yet.

Now the big question - what colour do I get my second Joycon set in? Double Red, blue, both? Yellow?!

TheYellow Joy-Con are currently on sale at Walmart if you really want to snag that pair.

I've been using them since I got my Switch and it's safe to say that they are currently my favorite colorway. I've yet to even take the Neon set out of the box.