Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I think this was a bad move by Nintendo/WF

If this was a twitter reveal or whatever, this wouldn't have happened

EGi7WFd.png

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Metroid but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Metroid was expected, they should've cancelled the announcement.

As soon as the word "Bakugan" appeared on the screen.

fuck_you_harold_and_kumar.gif

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
This reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Metroid but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Metroid was expected, they should've cancelled the announcement.
I haven't been following this as closely as others, but wasn't the extent of the hype a single tweet? I wouldn't exactly say that was much hype. They even confirmed it was a third-party franchise.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
a new copypasta has been born from this post.

Nintendo tried to settle the hype with the third party clarification. And we had someone here that was trying to help people a bit as well with what to expect.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
b r u h

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They announce Paper Mario via a random YT video but chose to reveal Bakugan on a live stream, mostly watched by "starving" Nintendo fans lol.

Dec 2, 2017
Beautiful

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I was betting nobody remembered Reggie joining Spin Master.

I'd actually missed that entirely. Obviously everyone heard about him joining Gamestop, but that's a much more visible company to this board.

But yeah, somehow Reggie never occurred to me as someone that fit your hint, though it should have. We were too focused on game designers specifically, I guess.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Log off and take a breather. This is not worth getting worked up over.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
3q384Kc.gif

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
This reveal might be the biggest by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "BAKUGAN BRAAAAWL" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Bakugan but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway and they did! Absolutely incredible to do this to us. Once they knew Bakugan was expected, they should've cancelled the Paper Mario announcement.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
dude...

alm0st^_^

Banned
Jan 25, 2020
What time is it where you're from? You need to go to bed.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been following this as closely as others, but wasn't the extent of the hype a single tweet? I wouldn't exactly say that was much hype. They even confirmed it was a third-party franchise.

They said wayforwards was going to reveal their new game, based on a third-party franchise. They did. People expected something cool, it wasn't. Nothing to see here. It's not like this was a direct, the only time something crazy was showed in a treehouse was metroid if I'm not mistaken.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol

May 6, 2020
I can't lie, while I was a tiny bit disappointed, seeing the game in motion gave me enough laughter to say that I was at least somewhat entertained.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even that it's not aimed at me, it just looked really bad in general

Oh and the bakugan game looked bad too

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

I absolutely hated this and how it's the first fall game of the Switch we've heard about (and the first third party game announced by nintendo in eons), but this is just silly. Nobody should have expected a first party game... I was just hoping for something like a Konami/Capcom IP, or a licensed game that played like a good metroidvania or something retro. Not this.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Yeah, should have known to expect nothing when Nintendo of Japan neither tweeted about this nor restreamed it.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This reveal might be the biggest by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "BAKUGAN BRAAAAWL" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Bakugan but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway and they did! Absolutely incredible to do this to us. Once they knew Bakugan was expected, they should've cancelled the Paper Mario announcement.
I fucking love you.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
This made it all worth it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bakugan: Champions of Vestoria for the Nintendo Switch, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's and WayForward's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and cancel Bakugan: Champions of Vestoria for Switch or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I feel bad for WayForward and the Bakugon team. Trailer should've been posted with the Treehouse announcement, and the announcement should have been for Paper Mario and Bakugon footage and interviews.

Setting any expectations for a Bakugon game was a mistake.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering why the treehouse live ogs weren't the ones in front of the camera....guess they didn't wanna be associated with having to hype up that announcement lol.