Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Will try in-store at GS later today after work, but probably will play it safe & order a copy online. With Nintendo LEs, you never know if they'll be decently easy to find or they take "limited" too seriously.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and snagged the Deluxe version from GameStop. Got a hunch that it'll be super rare down the road. I don't have much nostalgia for the NES honestly, I was a SNES kid. But I do love mini-games and speed running sidescrollers so I'll definitely enjoy this.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I like it, mini-speedrun challeneges are fun. I'll probably still buy it.

But not including the full games is annoying. Would be great to build from the bite-sized speed practice up to full game time attack runs.
I'd imagine it's cause they rebuilt every bit from the ground up that's in the challenge, so jumping to the original games would be jarring unless they completely rebuilt them in the engine. Which would be a lot of work. I agree it's a bummer tho

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
This sounded kinda lame from the description but watching the ad actually sold me. The challenge variety and especially the party mode look pretty cool.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Much like a lot of Nintendo things, I like the idea at its core, but I love the implication in it's naming that we could get variants for other consoles. Much like NES Rem--ah, fuck.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hmmm even if they were limited to first party I do wish they would've thrown in the whole lineup for the heck of it. Tho I guess if every challenge is rebuilt from the ground up I kinda get it

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Totally getting the Deluxe box as soon as it goes up for order in the UK. I hope this sells well, would really like a SNES Edition.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
As expected: NES Remix, without the remix challenges, and with more of a competitive tilt to it. Looks fun enough, will pre-order. I do like the timer in the bottom-left... it looks exactly like LiveSplit - I suspect on purpose!

Not sure why people are complaining that full games aren't included, they weren't in NES Remix either (ignoring Super Luigi Bros. and whatnot).

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Even more proofs that Pyoro has early access to eShop listing and that's their main way to leak stuffs.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why people are complaining that full games aren't included, they weren't in NES Remix either (ignoring Super Luigi Bros. and whatnot).

They complained when the full games weren't in NES Remix and instead you got store links to the full games. They are still going to complain now.

Especially as the only way to get these old retro NES games now is to keep a consistent NSO subscription. Having one way to play them not tied to a subscription service as the console enters it's final years would have been nice.

Molten_

Oct 28, 2017
seeing an official nintendo trailer with livesplit in the corner feels unreal, lol

edit: oh shit, I'm so used to seeing it in twitch streams I thought it was just overlayed onto the video, but it's actually part of the game? that's even better

kdawg954

Oct 29, 2017
I mean $29.99 for the digital version. Probably was my max buying point so they hit that. I'm in

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I wouldn't. Amazon didn't hold Endless Ocean Luminous, Paper Mario or Luigi's Mansion 2 preorders. It seems like there's some weird issue with Amazon and Nintendo. I'd just go for Best Buy or Target.

Good call, I remember seeing people complain about that. I usually just walk into a store and buy games at launch so I hadn't pre-ordered in a while

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Good call, I remember seeing people complain about that. I usually just walk into a store and buy games at launch so I hadn't pre-ordered in a while
Yeah, no problem. People kinda forget about this so I hope people just use this post as a reminder to not get their Nintendo stuff through Amazon. It's just not worth the risk of getting orders cancelled right around release. Instead, just opt for Target or Best Buy because you'll at least get your stuff. GameStop Id also ignore because GameStop accepts too many preorders and then cancels them too.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
NES remix would have been cooler, but this is cool enough for me to bite on pre order. Might be a nice collectors item

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Nabbed a Best Buy copy. I was a little surprised it was still up when I didn't even see it was available until about 45 minutes later. I don't trust it to stay up forever though.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down, I'll go digital unless more import friendly places start carrying that Japanese set though.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely in, but I'd love NES Remix 1 & 2 to get ported also.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Need a hook up for when this hits a UK retailer before the scalpers get there..

Its exclusive to the nintendo store in the UK and going to guess ultra limited considering they say "Please note that this product will initially be available for pre-order by invitation only. By registering your interest, you'll receive an invite and be one of the first in line to pre-order this product. Available while stocks lasts."

Heres the link -

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm all digital but I want those physical extras. I preordered both on the Eshop and bestbuy. I figure I can sell the physical game to someone

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Ng0gOlR.png

The Japanese Deluxe Set is cooler tbh.

Jeez I might have to import this.

That being said, I love the NES to pieces, and it's easily my favorite console of all time, but the deluxe edition doesn't spark joy in me at all. It just feels like a cash grab.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ng0gOlR.png

The Japanese Deluxe Set is cooler tbh.
Yeah, definitely importing (if I can). This looks so much better than the NA version (big surprise). Like what am I going to do with a replica cart that doesn't work? At least I can use those Famicom controllers.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Never hold out on items like these. Always lock in the order somewhere and then cancel if something better comes up. I ordered at GameStop with the intention of cancelling if I could preorder it from somewhere better.

If this was something I truly wanted instead of a novelty type thing, sure, I usually throw multiple pre-orders up, but I wasn't that worried about it. I just despise Gamestop and dislike Best Buy's glacial shipping and have a ton of Amazon credits, but I ended up going with Best Buy. Hope Amazon figure their shit out eventually