lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, definitely importing (if I can). This looks so much better than the NA version (big surprise). Like what am I going to do with a replica cart that doesn't work? At least I can use those Famicom controllers.
I'm usually the guy who gets Famicom everything cause I'm a bigger fan of Famicom overall but... the Nintendo World Championships stuff is so definitively a North America/NES thing, like they didn't even have the NWC in Japan, there is no NWC Famicom cart, and the entire aesthetic of it is based on the NES package design and branding from that era. The gold cart is half the reason for the notoriety here! Even though the JP version comes with Famicom controllers I suspect they're just trying to clear them out since they can be purchased separately.

In this rare case, I think the NES version is the definitive release.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
i'm so glad i'm too young to have a nostalgic attachment to this, because i'd def buy it…

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually the guy who gets Famicom everything cause I'm a bigger fan of Famicom overall but... the Nintendo World Championships stuff is so definitively a North America/NES thing, like they didn't even have the NWC in Japan, there is no NWC Famicom cart, and the entire aesthetic of it is based on the NES package design and branding from that era. The gold cart is half the reason for the notoriety here! Even though the JP version comes with Famicom controllers I suspect they're just trying to clear them out since they can be purchased separately.

In this rare case, I think the NES version is the definitive release.
Oh, I get the history of the cart and everything, I'd just have no use for it (since it's non-functional). It's a nice collector's item, but it'd just sit there and collect dust (and I already have enough items sitting collecting dust). :(

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really hate how insane Nintendo has made ordering from their Japanese store. Wasted nearly $100 buying Japanese prepaid eShop cards -- which has worked many times in the past -- only to get got by their forwarding service filtering. We'll see if what I was able to finagle makes it through in the end. Paying 2x the cost hurts less with the favorable exchange rates, at least.

vio55555

Apr 11, 2024
lol is this gonna be the reaction to every nintendo announcement that isn't Switch 2 for the next six months
They're going to likely announce some "big" titles for the holidays in June. Obviously this is a small filler title for July to try to fill the chasm between June and next March.

Would be surprised if they don't release at least 2 titles that can garner a couple million sales before holidays. There's still stuff like Zelda HDs and Kirby from Wii U that can be brought to Switch.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Was able to pre order a physical at best buy. I wish there was just a non collectors edition bundle, but I'm glad I got the game.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was terrified that it would be an eshop only release, I am so glad it's not.

Can't wait, looks awesome.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
this isn't nes remix volume 3 but all right

now that switch 2 is making nintendo stretch for time, work on getting nes remix to switch. or make snes remix. thanks.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I almost bit on the Best Buy Deluxe version earlier but decided against it. Now it's gone and I'm kicking myself.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Its exclusive to the nintendo store in the UK and going to guess ultra limited considering they say "Please note that this product will initially be available for pre-order by invitation only. By registering your interest, you'll receive an invite and be one of the first in line to pre-order this product. Available while stocks lasts."

Heres the link -

Thanks for the heads up! The site is chugging!

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
This kinda just makes me surprised we never got a NES Remix 3 on switch that existed to just keep selling dlc packs with new challenges/remix levels.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
If the North America Deluxe Edition also included NES controllers, I would pre-ordered in a heart beat. As such I will probably just get this digitally.

WardFail

Banned
Jul 30, 2022
United States
Can I ask what your original message was?

It was just stating that I was able to order through Nintendo using a Japanese Nintendo Account, shipping address and US based credit card. Ultimately Nintendo sent me a zero'd out invoice with no mention of the purchase in my order history. I still see a pending transaction for $0.00 but I assume it's going to drop off at some point. I'm switching methods and trying to purchase it using only JP Nintendo GC balance but it's giving me this generic error trying to complete the purchase

予期せぬエラーが発生したため、購入を中断しました。時間をおいてもう一度お試しください。

I'm hoping third party retailers like AmazonJP get inventory, similar to Best Buy and GameStop for the US version, because they actually take my money.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Does GameStop charge for the full price of the preorder when you place the order?
"Billing does not occur until order is processed", so I'm pretty certain until it gets ready to ship. I don't see a charge on my account.

Edit: managed an in-store GS preorder no problem, though the cashier said it was priced at $999.99 for some reason. Most likely a placeholder price.

Last edited:

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
...I missed out on helping with this promotion by 2 years (2019 Nintendo World Championship competitor here).

I'm gonna go lie down right now.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This really isn't my thing, but that video was pretty cute with how they got the previous contestants and one of the OG winners.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
That is easily the weirdest video they've done in years.
I kinda liked it, but this shot was indeed a strange one! 😂

TCLYa6n.png

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
It was just stating that I was able to order through Nintendo using a Japanese Nintendo Account, shipping address and US based credit card. Ultimately Nintendo sent me a zero'd out invoice with no mention of the purchase in my order history. I still see a pending transaction for $0.00 but I assume it's going to drop off at some point. I'm switching methods and trying to purchase it using only JP Nintendo GC balance but it's giving me this generic error trying to complete the purchase

Did you use an Apple Card? I heard people were able to get orders through that way but then they were later canceled if they used a forwarding service address.

Fingers crossed these come up on amazon japan too.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
If a game is about short challenges, NES Remix is a neater idea to me since its something different. I've not been one to speedrun any game.