Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Found my first dead planet with low gravity. Didn't realise at first and melee-boosted as always and flew straight into the air lmao. Top stuff.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So I have a freighter but I'm hesitant to warp too far away towards the core as I don't want to have to keep jumping back and forth between systems to send it on expeditions. Anyhimh craftable to solve this.
If it was like before, you can warp your freighter to your location for free by pressing down when on a planet or in your ship in space.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Omg I'm playing on PC and this is so good now, could honestly be No Man's Sky 2 with all the changes, everything is changed, love the new space stations too :)

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I see why they want you to start over. Everything is brand new and different. No more relying on plutonium for everything

The PS4 version has some issues that need ironing out but overall it's awesome. Now to mess with the PC version
Thank you!

Just double dipped on the PC was considering if i should continue with my PS4 file but that no more plutonium is music to my ears.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
When I loaded my old save, I had a bunch of modules in my ship and multi-tool labeled obsolete technology. Safe to dismantle?

Also my inventory is full of this ferrite stuff. I totally forget what all these resources do.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Damn I missed this game. Feel so guilty getting a refund back during the PS4 launch but glad to be back on board with all the updates. Survival mode is proving to be quite the challenge so far and really adds to the experience. It was far too easy on Normal when first released. Excited to delve deeper and see all the changes.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm fun, got a sidequest from a Gek guy to scan 3 unique creatures, but ones I've already scanned won't count and I'm only missing 2 creatures on this planet (one of which are butterflies which are seemingly impossible to scan and I don't have a gun yet). Greaaaaat

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
Are the pixilated night skies a problem all across the board or not? Has anyone tried re-installing to see if it fixes it?

6Nn3kAi.jpg

pNINqOa.jpg

First system has been pretty good to me! Well, mostly...
z8Jg3nq.jpg

Those look great. What platform are you playing on?

neonxaos

Oct 29, 2017
I'm on PC, and... This game is really quite good now, innit? Restarted from scratch and had an excellent time going through the intro, because everything is so much more streamlined now, and the whole thing just looks more like the original vision. Performance is a little so-so (GeForce 970 here), but decent with a bit of tinkering. But the experience feels elevated, and I haven't even touched multiplayer yet.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Running pretty well on my vanilla ps4 with framerate unlocked. Had some odd audio glitches while warping (and a black screen with only audio) and the sprint animation when you're a Gek is a bit borked atm, but other than that it looks great :) Loved the new insta-panic introduction as well. Starter planet was an oven and while I was scrambling to get my shit together, immediately had some rando join my game as well :p

Does unlocked framerate on the standard PS4 still turn it into a jet engine? I loved the framerate in 1.3, but feared it would shorten the PS4 lifespan so I kept it locked.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is there a place to go to find other people to play with like a discord? im in the era discord for this but that place is DEAD

Well it's not long been live for PC and many are starting from scratch so I would expect people to be learning the ropes and getting lost in the game rather than staring at the forums or discord waiting to team up.. That or they're staring in disbelief at whats happened to their existing bases. Plus the launch is not without its bugs. :)
If you want squads super quick you may find the main NMS discord has a much bigger pool to search from.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Uh...

Did anyone else's base vanished? Like the last time they redid the planets the base was still there... Did everyone's get torn down for the update?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, pretty impressed so far. Found my mother ships. Had to summon them from the pop up menu.

Sad my base is just completely wiped. Wish we had some warning about it. Oh well.

I'd start a new save for friends, but starting with no pocket space is too big of a pill to swallow imo

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sooo... uh, reloaded my save.

1) all my tech has disapeared, I have shit now on my suit

2) my ship looks kind of fucked up. More realistic I guess, but it looks more worn out

3) spawned on the space station, so decided to go to the planet where my base was..... well, planet now is literally water planet, like, I still have yet to find a place to land, it's all friggin water!

I have some sound glitches, and cockpit glass looks fucked up too.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Friend and I are playing from scratch together but his base computer isn't letting him build anything while I can. He's a decent distance away. Is it one base per planet?

Synless

Oct 30, 2017
Did the update and it started me in a whole new system. Luckily I can warp to my base. That said, clouds look amazing from what they did. Not sure what all the hate is.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Wow, pretty impressed so far. Found my mother ships. Had to summon them from the pop up menu.

Sad my base is just completely wiped. Wish we had some warning about it. Oh well.

I'd start a new save for friends, but starting with no pocket space is too big of a pill to swallow imo
yeah I started into a new game for a bit but I think I'd rather keep my 48 slot ship and full exo suit. Hope I'm not missing too much by jumping in without going through the intro tutorials and all.

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So I preordered the Xbox version and made my way to the first space station and there was the option to change race/armor etc but how can I change into the X.O. suit? Do I need to build a base first?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So I preordered the Xbox version and made my way to the first space station and there was the option to change race/armor etc but how can I change into the X.O. suit? Do I need to build a base first?
Pop into the menu, go to options and then general options. Redeem bonus content is in there :)

Okay I could be blind but how do I toggle back to first person view? lol
Down on the d-pad, left to the cog, select the option to change view

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not on Xbox, but there's a "claim preorder bonus" button in the Options menu which will probably add it.

Is there or will there be a demo for the Xbox?

There's never been one for PS4 or PC, so probably not.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Uh...

Did anyone else's base vanished? Like the last time they redid the planets the base was still there... Did everyone's get torn down for the update?

I'm fairly sure bases are all gone. The startup message said bases had been archived - this means you can get your stuff back if you build a new base BUT you can't get back to your old planet because the transporter terminal isn't there any more. It's gone, mourn it and move on to the stars my friend.

I managed to salvage my old save - the system I was in only had one planet and it was now a toxic hell hole, and I had no fuel to leave the system. A couple of hours in a new save taught me the new mechanics enough to build some warp fuel and get out of the one planet system. I then managed to pick up a freighter (my first) and it's ready to carry on. However I kind of enjoyed starting over, so I'm back to the fresh run. I'm going to miss all my stuff...

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
So the consensus is that it runs badly on Pro? Disappointed, but I can wait for more patches.

it runs fine in 1080p with framerate limiter enabled. some slowdown when you enther the planete atmosphere.
but 4k mode is sub 30 and unlocked is nowhere near 60 fps as before (which is understandable, with all the graphical upgrades).

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
What's the base building like in this game? Does it give you a lot of freedom? I'm thinking about picking it up but only if that aspect is fully fleshed out and not just tacked on or something.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here have the Xbox One X version? I'd like to hear how the performance mode runs. Really want to play at 60fps

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just a heads up that I'll be working on a 'getting started' to be posted this Saturday to cover this basics of getting started in NEXT. Will include an FAQ of the most common questions I see asked here.

Oct 25, 2017
I hated : (please read: HATED) the original release (bought on PS4 and sold)

Considering getting this on pc now- chances of liking it? Is it a completely different game or nearly? And most importantly is it good?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

Considering getting this on pc now- chances of liking it? Is it a completely different game or nearly? And most importantly is it good?
What did you hate about the original release? By all accounts, the core loops are still the same, but there is a buttload of content and side-activities available now.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the consensus is that it runs badly on Pro? Disappointed, but I can wait for more patches.

Pretty awful in 4k yeah. Cant hold 30fps and stutters like hell

In 1080p (set in dash) it can often maintain 30 (unlocked fps mode stutters like crazy)

Feels like there is input lag no matter what mode and it just stutters all over the place when flying

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
So can you actually run into random players in the universe as you're exploring with this update? Haven't played since launch.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did you hate about the original release? By all accounts, the core loops are still the same, but there is a buttload of content and side-activities available now.

Well, the core loops are similar, but not exactly the same. They are a lot more involved now, with you refining materials to use for crafting and stuff. You're not just dumping a bunch of plutonium into everything anymore.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow! It's actually worthwhile to dig in the ground now. You can find relics in underground tunnels, and technology salvage which can be sold for a ton of money or used to make blueprints.

Oct 25, 2017
I was taking screenshots last night of my base and planet. It was a paradise planet with really aggressive sentinels. When I booted up the save file post update, not only is my base gone but so are all the systems I had discovered. I was really looking forward to seeing what my old home planet looked like after the update. But oh well. I started a new game instead.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

I mean it's obviously still No Man's Sky but if you haven't played since launch then the game will be unrecognisable outside of the basics. Just look at the OT. That core loop is there (though now you have base building as a part of that) but that feeds into numerous other systems and means of progression. If you hated the original then maybe it's just that the game isn't for you. I and many others feel it's great, especially with NEXT and the other three major updates. Around 20% of the player-base have 100+ hours in it so I wouldn't be quick to label it bad if you don't personally vibe with it.

So in short I'd check out what's been added since launch by checking the OT, and look and the photo thread and then decide if you think it's something you'd like.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else on PC got the bug where when you exit and then try and restart the game through Steam, nothing happens? It just stays on ''preparing to launch'' and i have to cancel that and try again a couple seconds later. I think the same bug was present at launch as well if i remember correctly.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Just a heads up that I'll be working on a 'getting started' to be posted this Saturday to cover this basics of getting started in NEXT. Will include an FAQ of the most common questions I see asked here.
Thank you! One thing im wondering is if I use my old save, how can I trigger some of the new missions? I hear at some point you get given a freighter and I don't wanna miss out on something like that.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Performance on my 970/4690k is a BUMMER. Can't seem to get it to run stable at all.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Do i really have to follow the primary missions?

I have one called awakenings, but...do i have to do it or i can just explore the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.