Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
bf4e6efe8fe79bf62cd97ffcb7dfae92.gif

You know how drive by posters are...you have to ignore them just as much as they ignore thread content.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Started a new save, first time since launch day. The experience has certainly been improved, but so much to re-learn. Also, I heard comments that the night sky looks bad. Maybe it's my TV but I didn't really notice anything until I looked at a screenshot on my Mac. Either that or the blockiness in the background isn't noticeable in motion. I think the main clouds look just as good as in the daytime though.

NQtTMms.png

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is "Normal" mode basically the campaign that includes all the Atlas stuff?

Is there a way to create custom soundtracks that the game will automatically load?

My starting planet in normal mode was immediately raining acid on me. I don't know if it is a coincidence there was a very tiny cave nearby.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man, first time playing and one thing is really bothering me.

1- people told me i dont have to do the story quests, however i think the only way to get the hyperdrive is doing them

2- the game never explains anything, like wtf, with so many techs...i think im behind in the learning curve.

3- these nano money that buy blueprints, how to farm them?

4- what i need to begin to construct bases?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have an irritating bug, I'll spoiler it just in case but its relatively early on and regards antimatter....

At one point as part of the "awakenings" quest you are told to craft a warp cell from antimatter (which the game gives you) and antimatter housing (O + Fe), once you craft the first cell you are told to fuel the hyperdrive, after doing so the game flashes a message that antimatter was lost and you need to source some more.

I did this again and again until I'd filled the hyperdrive to 100% (5 cells) and still the quest repeats, fill the hyperdrive, collect more antimatter etc. If it helps I was filling my hyperdrive from the menu rather than the quick menu. I may try some warping and see if that fixes it, otherwise something to be aware of.

if you'll excuse the self quote, as an update...

Warping does nothing to fix the bug, in fact I can't actually leave the system despite being able to access the galaxy map and choose a location. Neither can I refuel the hyperdrive any more past 100% and also all the NPC's have stopped talkign to me. So pretty gnarly bug all things considered. The only thing I can think of (and going back to launch) is that I am in a different ship to the once I started in, perhaps that is affecting the hyperdrive mission as the game is expecting to see my hyperdrive in my starter ship and fuelling this is the same as "losing" the antimatter.

With that in mind, I would recommend:

Do NOT move to a new ship until after the hyperdrive is installed and functional in your starter ship.

I have a sneaky suspicion its the launch day/pre order ship bug all over again.

[edit] It's too late to file a ticket now, I'll do it in the morning.. Night all! :D

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Okay I'm getting major slowdown now. HDR banding in the sky needs to be sorted.
It's a major update I get that, it just wasn't this bad before.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a new gameplay loop other than repair ship, fly to next system, gather materials to upgrade ship / fuel engine, fly to next system etc. Because I got bored of that very quickly.
Depends and what you wanna do. You can use your resources to build bases alone or with other people or build up your fleet of frigattes and send them on missions for example.

The core gameplay is still the same, you can just do more things with it now.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Depends and what you wanna do. You can use your resources to build bases alone or with other people or build up your fleet of frigattes and send them on missions for example.

The core gameplay is still the same, you can just do more things with it now.

I found the actual core gameplay very basic and clunky so unless they've made drastic improvements to that I'm not gonna bother. It's undoubtedly an impressive game but just not that fun to play.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Man, first time playing and one thing is really bothering me.

1- people told me i dont have to do the story quests, however i think the only way to get the hyperdrive is doing them

2- the game never explains anything, like wtf, with so many techs...i think im behind in the learning curve.

3- these nano money that buy blueprints, how to farm them?

4- what i need to begin to construct bases?
2 - You can always pin the recipes for stuff and it'll show you an exact explanation on how to make it. Square on PS4, not sure how on other platforms.

3 - Easiest way seems to scan creatures and plants, that gives you units. If you go in your discoveries tab and upload them, it gives you nanites.

4 - You need to build a base computer in the quick menu, up on the D-Pad. Just pin the recipe for that and it'll explain to you how to get the materials.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Would the only point of joining a game vs. just selecting play game at the title screen be if you wanted to play with specific people?

Superblatt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I just double dipped and bought it digitally on X. I enjoyed my experience on the PS4 but don't want to sacrifice performance. Looking forward to jumping in tonight.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it looks really bad. I'm really disappointed in the update as a base PS4 user, tbh.

I'm on base PS4 and I think it looks incredible. With this game you have to bear in mind the whole thing is made out of maths. If you're flying fast over the world, it's doing that maths REALLY FAST.

--

The missions keep sending me to ugly ass planets. In the system I see all these other blue and green gems in the sky - nope, going back to the dust planet again. I did find a planet that was populated entirely by pineapple-esque blobs, so many different types including a big mama that it looked like all the others were dancing around. I called it Squelch Town.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
Well got my 2nd crash, it seems to happen when I collect Detritum. I guess I have to wait until I can play as the solar system I am in only has 1 planet and I don't have resources to warp

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
After a couple of hours starting a brand new game, leaving aside a saved game in continuous use since 1.0, I'm largely fine with it.

In all honesty I hardly remember how the start of the game played out in 1.0 but now it's clearly a largely new experience since it's incorporating and interweaving everything that's been added since 1.0. Within the first hour you're learning the basics of base building and then you're off to visit your first space station, so it seems like they're making an effort of breaking things up into more diverse objectives in the early game.

The bottom line is that this really a straight up sequel at this point, for all that's changed.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I found the actual core gameplay very basic and clunky so unless they've made drastic improvements to that I'm not gonna bother. It's undoubtedly an inpressive game but just not that fun to play.
That's cool, different strokes and all. Not going to find every game fun but there's certainly a significant number of people that like this one and find it fun to play. Just sounds like you don't engage with the core loop, which is understandable as it takes awhile to get into a rhythm and reaping rewards. When it does though there's a lot you can do with it and on top of the boundless exploration it's pretty unique in what it offers.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Wow this game is nuts. I had about 10 hours in on Atlus update and that included a mission to deliver a package. I warp to a new galaxy to do so and a freighter is being attacked. I fend off the pirates and am rewarded with my own freighter finally!!!

Now the games telling me to craft a new room on it with resources I've never seen before! Then I hope to the space station and realized it's all new in there!

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Thought my Pro was running a bit louder than usual, but then I got a "PS4 is too hot" warning which confirmed it. First time I've seen that playing NMS or anything else.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I found the actual core gameplay very basic and clunky so unless they've made drastic improvements to that I'm not gonna bother. It's undoubtedly an impressive game but just not that fun to play.

The core gameplay isn't basic at all; what other current games have on foot exploration, survival elements, space travel/combat, extensive base building, trading, a procedural mission system, procedural gear loot system, frigate expansion and fleet-based missions? If your core gameplay drive is refined combat mechanics, then yeah combat is not a big strength of the game. But the gameplay is by no means basic at this point.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Maaan.

Do crashed frigates look cool? Havent had a chance to play since Im at work but been reading the posts. It all sounds very delicious
They're the same as they were a year ago. So, impressive at first, until you realise there's only one design...

Was that just in some underground cache near the freighter? Those things you see on the visor?
Yup, just the standard buried supply crates.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Thought my Pro was running a bit louder than usual, but then I got a "PS4 is too hot" warning which confirmed it. First time I've seen that playing NMS or anything else.

Check and see if the framerate is unlocked. That puts a strain on it. The problem is that this is a very CPU-heavy game and the PS4 was not really designed with that in mind.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
After a couple of hours starting a brand new game, leaving aside a saved game in continuous use since 1.0, I'm largely fine with it.

In all honesty I hardly remember how the start of the game played out in 1.0 but now it's clearly a largely new experience since it's incorporating and interweaving everything that's been added since 1.0. Within the first hour you're learning the basics of base building and then you're off to visit your first space station, so it seems like they're making an effort of breaking things up into more diverse objectives in the early game.

The bottom line is that this really a straight up sequel at this point, for all that's changed.

what about having to find all the language words again? i would start over but i found so many of the words that having to find them all again would be a real bummer....

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Wow this game is nuts. I had about 10 hours in on Atlus update and that included a mission to deliver a package. I warp to a new galaxy to do so and a freighter is being attacked. I fend off the pirates and am rewarded with my own freighter finally!!!

Now the games telling me to craft a new room on it with resources I've never seen before! Then I hope to the space station and realized it's all new in there!

I'm so excited to dip into this tomorrow. The original scope and space-opera feel of the game originally enticed me, and I played about 9-10 hours, but I have a real issue with 1st person games (I mostly hate them) and the whole experience felt largely pointless and lacking urgency. Now the 3rd person changes, the story additions and all the extra features added since I abandoned the game make for a much more compelling package. I feel like I'm going to have the same level of enthusiasm and wonder as you seem to.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I have a No Man's Sky dream last night. I take it as a sign from Sean Murray that I need to reinstall the game again.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my first freighter handed to me for free just for saving them from attackers. That was easy. Can you actually change the name of the Freighter? I see you can rename the frigates so I can only assume I should be able to rename my freighter

EDIT: From what I'm seeing of other folks' experiences, getting the free freighter seems scripted to happen. Probably to introduce the whole fleet mechanic.

Are you able to recolor your freighter? The update changed my color =(

I highly doubt it since we can't even recolor our ship. Definitely things to take into consideration in the future as to further implement customization options.

L.E.D.

Oct 27, 2017
If you have PS4 pro, turn off super sampling, horrific frames, and sounds like your PS4 is ready to blast off to space.

Chris Best

Dec 10, 2017
Playing on the X. Game finally loaded and as soon as I moved my guy it hard locked the system. Had to cycle it. Trying again now. I've been waiting at the Hello Games screen for 3 minutes.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
So my first repeatable crash was when trying to use the terrain manipulator on a copper deposit. It only occurred on one specific planet. It happened repeatedly but when moving to another planet the issue went away.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
The game's UI doesn't support ultrawide resolutions. It stretches and looks pretty bad.
The game itself does, but it seems like the fov doesn't go high enough or something.
I hate that the game has to be restarted for resolution changes to take effect!

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Grabbed it for my X. Gonna try it at the end of the week since I am busy but I am excited.

By the way, has it been determined what is the best/preferred mode to play this on X?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Lamptramp think I might have borked the tutorial. What do you need to make antimatter in NEXT? Isn't in my crafting menu but I found a warp cell while digging up crashed freighter vaults and instinctively added it when I build the drive on my ship. Now I'm at "seek answers among the stars" instead of making antimatter and a keenly award I don't seem to have the recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.