• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Patch Notes

• Stability improvements on PC.
  • Resolution and performance for PSVR have been significantly improved when running on a PS5.
  • Fixed a rendering-related crash on PS5.
  • Xbox Series S in high quality mode now has the improved ultra settings introduced in the Next Generation Update.
  • Loading times on PS5 have been improved.
  • PS5 install size has been optimised.
www.nomanssky.com

Next Generation Patch 3.15 - No Man's Sky

Hello everyone, Thank you to everyone playing the Next Generation Update, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting. We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of issues. These fixes have...

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
I know this is just a stability patch, but this is the perfect example of how to do a "service" game.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 loading times were already pretty reasonable. Hopefully they've ironed out some of the performance hiccups too.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
FUCK YES FINALLY

I actually stopped playing NMS and Skyrim as my "regular go-to" VR games because of how incredibly crisp Star Wars Squadrons looks. Hopefully this patch makes NMS look somewhat similar. Does anyone know of any other PSVR games that have been updated to look/run better on PS5? I really wanted to get Hitman III at launch, but seeing how it's supposedly the same on both last and current gen, I think I'm gonna wait a bit.

Last edited:

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Oh that's neat. I tried this on psvr awhile ago and hated how blurry it was because of all the text in the game. This makes me want to maybe check it out again.

OP
OP
Vashetti

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming this means the VR mode now has PS4 Pro support too, as VR is restricted to the PS4 BC version.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
I saw some speculation and datamining suggesting that pets will be coming in a future update. Could be interesting.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Before I celebrate I want to know what exactly that means first.

Is it too hard to give us the exact res number?

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to try this out but I really don't like how it controls in PSVR

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Was there a bug with loading times for the Ps5 ?
If not I hope it also improves on xsx

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Smaller file size on ps5? Good stuff

But quicker loading too? Damn, it was already much, much improved over ps4 so glad to see they cut it down further.

Cant wait to try it out.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally!!!!

I've been hammering the dev about the lack of a PS4 Pro enhancements on the PSVR version (which of course is what the PS5 BC version can emulate). This is such huge news and I plan to fire the game up as my next backlog knock down. I got it on a great sale awhile ago, but haven't played it yet waiting for a PS4 Pro patch first (will play it on my PS5+PSVR combo instead).

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Anyone know what the upper limit would be for PSVR resolution on PS5?

I would imagine the lenses are the main limiting factor, but if it can go past PS4 Pro VR resolutions could we get upgrades to Hitman 3 VR for example?

spectator

Jan 23, 2018
Anyone know what the upper limit would be for PSVR resolution on PS5?

I would imagine the lenses are the main limiting factor, but if it can go past PS4 Pro VR resolutions could we get upgrades to Hitman 3 VR for example?

1080p would be the maximum rendering resolution, but it can definitely super-sample.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
1080p would be the maximum rendering resolution, but it can definitely super-sample.
Yeah, PSVR games can supersample up to 2160P on a PS4 Pro or PS5, and can output up to 120 fps even on a vanilla PS4. That's why it was a bit maddening that NMS on PSVR had no visual enhancements when played on a more powerful console. Just about every other PSVR game offered at least SOME supersampling (at minimum) on the Pro.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Going to hope for some impressions on it. I put away my PSVR for now, but would be willing to break it out if it's made NMS overall that much better.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I might have to try this in VR then. Was very disappointed in how shitty it looked when the VR launched, but might give it a look.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I've just spent 20 minutes checking out PSVR NMS on a PS5..... Is.....Is.......I dont think I can say it....... Is this actually fucking playable now? Not just playable, but good? Time will tell.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I've just spent 20 minutes checking out PSVR NMS on a PS5..... Is.....Is.......I dont think I can say it....... Is this actually fucking playable now? Not just playable, but good? Time will tell.

Its definitely much better looking, at the very least 1080p but I would say the menus look sharper than I would expect without supersampling. Huge upgrade. Need to spend more time with it to look for aliasing

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Please do share feedback guys.

Decreased jaggies?
Higher res textures?
Higher res fonts?
Pop in?
Improved distance rendering?

I dont have the game but would like to know what major changes are.

I look forward to getting this game.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Please do share feedback guys.

Decreased jaggies?
Higher res textures?
Higher res fonts?
Pop in?
Improved distance rendering?

I dont have the game but would like to know what major changes are.

I look forward to getting this game.

For VR it was just resolution increase from what I saw. Before it was like the lenses were dirty, and now its like after you wipe them off lol.

Draw distance and assets all look the same I think. Pop-in was still pretty aggressive on the busy planet I was on.