GCX

Oct 27, 2017
I would be way more scared and paranoid if I had a gun in my house. So no.

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
I could own an AR-15, but I would need some permits and be a member of a sport shooting club. (Norway).
It is also possible to own handguns and hunting weapons. The former needs membership in a gun club, the latter requires a hunting license.
There are of course strict rules for storage.

While there are many different local rules around the world, it is not that case that the US is the only country where you can own guns.

Edit: I should also answer the actual question: While it would be sort of cool as a hobby, I can't be bothered.

Last edited:

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Never
For those saying hunting, guns are a pansy way of doing things. If you want to take a life, do it up close when you can see the life drain from their eyes.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Asian American living in Japan. I find myself 100× safer over here than in the US. So nah, no guns over her tyvm (it is possible to own a gun in Japan but it's a long and well regulated process)

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Nope.

Maaaaaaaybe an old musket with nice decorations to hang on a wall. But i would not have any ammunition to go with it.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
No, why on earth would I need one? And if it's that easy for me to get one, I'd be more bothered about all the other people and the idea that any one I might get into a mundane disagreement with could have a small armoury metres away and a complete lack of reason and self-control.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Nope in Canada.
then I plan to retire in Portugal, and Nope there too

even if I decided to live out in the countryside, nope nope nope nope

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
No, there's no need for it. I'm not a psychopath that wants to kill people nor do I have action movie delusions. Crime is controlled by a functional state crime fighting force.

Me taking a life is just something that isn't on any of my lifetime plans/possibilities.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Is not hard at all where I live and I don't need it, I actually don't know anyone who owns a gun.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
I probably could get a gun if I wanted to. I'd need to join a hunting club or a shooting club or something to demonstrate the need for owning one.
But I don't want to. I have no desire to hunt and if I wanted to shoot at paper targets, an air gun would do and those you can get from a supermarket.

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
no way, the UK has a hell of a lot of problems, adding guns to the mix would be a terrible idea. I have no desire to put the safety of my family at risk by having something like that around, to me american gun policy is fucking crazy.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I'd like to, but it would mean other really dumb fuck people would be able to as well and this is the problem in America.
So basically no.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
the idea of owning a gun is absolutely bonkers to me. even worse the idea that other people i meet in the streets might have one. no thanks.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No only there's "merit" to the "ideas", it's working right now in Spain like I said lmao

I don't doubt it, but I'm thinking those sorts of regulations may not work universally as well across the world; yet even so, they're fundamentally sensible.

Owning a hunting rifle is fine but walking around with a 9mm all the time or in Americas case an assault rifle is were I draw the line.

Yes, I'd say open-carrying an AR is indefensible.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Absolutely not. My dad actually had a hand gun before they were banned (UK) he let me hold it and I remember him making the bullets in the loft with a machine thing that folled them with gunpowder.

Fuck that shit, crazy and irresponsible.

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have any desire to own a firearm, but I don't begrudge anyone that does. The vast majority of legal gun owners are responsible owners.

I think any person should have to jump through a few hoops before being able to buy a firearm. At the very least a firearm safety and training course. It should be treated like vehicle ownership where it's a privilege, not a right.

I also think crimes involving firearms, especially illegal firearms, should have severe penalties.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is this not a poll? Also, fuck guns.

I don't really have any desire to own a firearm, but I don't begrudge anyone that does. The vast majority of legal gun owners are responsible owners.

I think any person should have to jump through a few hoops before being able to buy a firearm. At the very least a firearm safety and training course. It should be treated like vehicle ownership where it's a privilege, not a right.

I also think crimes involving firearms, especially illegal firearms, should have severe penalties.

There is nothing responsible about owning a device solely created to kill living things, as a civilian.