Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Online resources for those who will have children at home:

My wife recommends:

Epic! (Reading)
Freckle (math)
Khan Academy (math)
Prodigy (math)

Be careful—NOT all apps categorized as "education" are educational, and several of those apps have social media platforms embedded within them. Please preview apps before giving your kids access and monitor their use!

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Fucking disgusting behavior.
You are not hustlers, you are profiting from misery, and probably got a few poor people killed.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I think there will be waves of infections until the vaccine becomes available, with some countries being hit multiple times. We need some sort of flexible quarantine - flexitine - to deal with that. People should be very flexible in switching to working from home. An emergency UBI might be useful to allow companies to more flexibly scale down their work force if work from home is not an option.

If they can even get a viable vaccine out. I know ones are being worked one, and knowing about SARS-COV and MERS-COV is definitely helping, there's still no guarantee one will work.

Neither SARS-COV or MERS-COV have a vaccine.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
www.abc.net.au

Fifth coronavirus case confirmed for Tasmania

Another case of coronavirus is confirmed in Tasmania, bringing the total confirmed cases in the state to five.

4th Tasmanian case, a student at UTAS who lives on campus, and is currently being isolated on campus. That's both Newnham and Sandy Bay campuses exposed now

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Swiping on Tinder is weird right now, not going to meet any of these girls any time soon. Well, maybe I'll strike conversations with a couple of them and we can hold each other in virtual company in these isolated times. Going to take a while before people get comfortable with general physical contact again. Eh, what what am I saying, I'm in Norway, we never were comfortable with it in the first place.
I'm in the same spot. Been talking for almost a week now with someone and it's going to be weird to schedule a date for weeks to come. Hopefully the talk doesn't die down because she seems really good and I'm interested.

Nov 7, 2017
Welp went ahead and pulled the plug on my Brazil trip next week. It was a pain in the ass to say the least to even get a hold of customer service (understandably)

Traveling right now doesn't seem worth the risk

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
If they can even get a viable vaccine out. I know ones are being worked one, and knowing about SARS-COV and MERS-COV is definitely helping, there's still no guarantee one will work.

Neither SARS-COV or MERS-COV have a vaccine.
They will find a vaccine that works it's just a matter of time. MERS and SARS don't have vaccines because they were able to be contained and it wasn't worth the R&D for pharmaceutical companies to develop a vaccine.

Edit: I'll also add that there were scientists a year ago or so saying that SARS/MERS vaccine should have been developed anyways because it could have helped a future pandemic like the one were facing right now. But it wasn't profitable at the time so nothing was ever developed.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
They cancelled all person-to-person classes in my community college at a small town in CA (Merced). I'm surprised, since there are no confirmed reports in my county, but I'm glad. I've been staying home as well as my family. I'm hopeful.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 90 year old grandmother that me and my brother were going to visit for his birthday, is it best to just cancel and wait until this calms down?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
When will hand sanitizer be available in stores again? Jesus this is ridiculous. I had so many orders cancelled.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
universities in Montreal are canceling classes. Just for a few days for now.

They are now saying everyone returning from any travel should self quarantine.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
27 cases confirmed in Panama. Also, state of emergency declared.

twitter.com

Ministerio de Salud de Panamá on Twitter

“Los nuevos casos reportados son producto de la búsqueda activa entre los contactos de personas que han dado positivo al #COVID19, y otros asociados a personas que han llegado del exterior procedentes de países afectados.”

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
Can't imagine if you are a pregnant lady, or sick person who requires periodic visits to the hospital in Italy (soon to be other countries too).

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So China only had 4 new cases? Is that accurate?

www.worldometers.info

COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases, deaths, and number of tests per 1 Million population. Historical data and info. Daily...

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Callum Hudson-Odoi from Chelsea FC has tested positive.
www.chelseafc.com

Chelsea FC training facility will undergo partial closure after men’s team player tested positive for COVID-19 | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club

Chelsea men’s team player Callum Hudson-Odoi had a positive test result for Coronavirus returned this evening. Chelsea personnel who had recent close contact with the player in the men’s team building will now self-isolate in line with Government health guidelines. These will include initially...

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I live near a Walmart in GTA Ontario that is almost empty all the time. But not today! The grocery and food section is quite crowded but not overwhelming. I think it is about as busy as a normal weekday Costco. But other than the grocery section everywhere else is empty.

They have lots of staff restocking and doing check out. Other than pasta and the obvious sanitizer everything was in stock. Most people buy a bag of TP and canned food. Most cart is about half or 3/4 full, so still not as crazy as Costco.

I already stock up a bit so we can survive for two weeks before with my wife giving me unapproved stare. I am finally vindicated.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So China only had 4 new cases? Is that accurate?

www.worldometers.info

COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases, deaths, and number of tests per 1 Million population. Historical data and info. Daily...
If I have to pick, I will beleive their number over the US, Canada and much of Europe.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope my wife and I get work from Home directives tomorrow. We've got like 3 weeks worth of food and everything.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Woke up with sore throat, some body ache and slight chills. Was worried, but I already feel much better, no sore throat or body aches anymore. Being doing nothing but watching anime today.

Work tomorrow, though, yuck. Don't want to go to the office hopefully they set up a work at home option sooner rather than later.

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
I just hope this highlights how pro-active we need to be with population health care, particularly research and development for the future and the role that govenment needs to play, particularly in countries where healthcare is largely private. If it's not a vrius in future, it will be anti-microbial resistance.