chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Benji was right lol. Without any BF deals, Switch had no chance whatsoever to win this month.

Oct 29, 2017
I want his crystal ball. How can he know how much Sony and Nintendo will sell in 2018 ?
You can just project trendlines how Switch is selling now compared to previous Nintendo devices, perhaps corrected for how the industry patterns have changed over time. Most consoles take some time to gain steam, so if Switch is a bit under Playstation who by most accounts seems to be at the peak of its bell curve, it will likely surpass it next year.

ZiT

Oct 27, 2017
So far only Sony gives PR regarding BF this year, so it makes sense now.

allan-bh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, It seems that Switch had a relative disappointing performance in november. I was kind of suspecting after the system not selling out despite months of supply constraints.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So, It seems that Switch had a relative disappointing performance in november. I was kind of suspecting after the system not selling out despite months of supply constraints.

Disappointing? No. It wasn't discounted for BF. Still sold a lot given it didn't really feature in the sales madness.

Oct 25, 2017
800k for Switch isn't that disappointing (it is somewhat though) but it does indicate a leveling off of demand.

Depending on how December goes, I can easily see PS4 taking some if not most months next year in the NPD.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
From the latest update from Mizuho, they usually use NPD numbers.

There are no specific numbers in the update but the included figure seem to show PS4:Switch at about 2:1 and Xbox One was marginally (maybe 10%) less than PS4

Lack of Microsoft PR last night said it all. They needed badly a PR victory with the launch of new hardware and there was no way they would miss the opportunity if they won.
In the end it seems like both did well in absolute terms but it's noticeable that in just a year sales discussions went from how the UHD drive made the Xbox One S the most desirable product to Xbox being beaten in November in the US during the launch of a new platform.
With Xbox One X sales being really frontloaded at 500$, December won't tell a different story, actually they could end down month on month by a big margin.
Switch in third place is reasonable per se but the 2:1 ratio and likely less than 1m sales with ample stock in stores should put in perspective their success( also considering that October sales with Mario weren't that huge either at 290k). Nintendo will need to fight with price and great games if they want to keep the product successful.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
800k for Switch isn't that disappointing (it is somewhat though) but it does indicate a leveling off of demand.

Depending on how December goes, I can easily see PS4 taking some if not most months next year in the NPD.
I wonder how fast they'll hit the $199 as the default price. I'm sure they will before Spiderman maybe even God of War.

allan-bh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was more expensive than the PS4. It wasn't in BF deals.

Ok, but it's a new hot item in the market with high demand. That's the narrative we saw since launch, so, honestly ~800k despite being a respectable figure, isn't exacly what I imagined for the first november of Switch with enough stock.

Virtually everyone thought that Switch sales on holidays would be limited by supply, not demand.

Dr.AfroJaguar

Banned for having multiple alt accounts
Nov 21, 2017
So Playstation 4 won, explains the lack of PR.

Someone make a new thread I still can't and need to sleep.

Quick maths by me:

PS4 - 1.540.000
Xbox One - 1.400.000
Switch - ~800.000

Just assuming these numbers are true, would this be the biggest nov for Xbox or would there be a year where it sold more?

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just assuming these numbers are true, would this be the biggest nov for Xbox or would there be a year where it sold more?

Dude, you still trying to save face? Just admit it, you and your "people" knew nothing.

But yeah, this should be XB1 biggest November.

Oct 25, 2017

Switch is gonna be very interesting now.

Mario and Zelda are nintendos biggest games, and now they are off the table for probably 2 or 3 years at least.
Pokémon will sell great, but I wonder when that's coming.
Other than that, I don't see any hardware movers in the near future.
And yeah, ps4 is about to have its biggest year yet in 2018.
Switch taking 40% of all hardware....
I can't really see it, unless xbox falls off a cliff which I highly doubt.

Dr.AfroJaguar

Nov 21, 2017
Dude, you still trying to save face? Just admit it, you and your "people" knew nothing.

But yeah, this should be XB1 biggest November.

You're taking my posts out of context now, all I was asking if this would be the biggest nov for Xbox if these were true, and yes according to the poster I quoted, for Xbox one, this would have been the biggest black friday for Xbox one.

So if true, I figured it would be weird that Ms would NOT have a pr statement saying it's the biggest nov for Xbox one and the user above this post agrees.

Not sure where you got saving face from. I was just pointing out how odd it is for Ms to not use biggest Xbox one Nov in PR. and

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I should have revised my Switch numbers...

Just off forum posts it seemed logical that it would the way it is. I expected less for XBO tho. That One X must be doing similar to Pro when it first launched. Or maybe more looking at the circumstances between Pro and X.

The X split is gonna be interesting.

Dr.AfroJaguar

Nov 21, 2017
You are leaving out the 3ds and the SNES mini sales which this quote says is included

That would make it more:

Ps4 - 1.4 million
XboxOne - 1.26 million
Switch - 700k
3ds/SNES mini - 340k

I dont buy it

I can't see 700k switch. I know it didn't have as big of bf/cm sales of the other two but the switch still shouldnt be that low? Imo.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Playstation 4 won, explains the lack of PR.

Someone make a new thread I still can't and need to sleep.

Quick maths by me:

PS4 - 1.540.000
Xbox One - 1.400.000
Switch - ~800.000

Where are your 3ds/SNES mini numbers, though?

To make it "up 44% from last november console sales" that would only leave you with around 100k sales for 3ds/SNES mini?

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Less than 1 million, half of PS4.

I don't think this was what people had in mind for Switch in november with stock available.
Nintendo Fans were obviously overhyping the Switch a bit, it was never going to do Wii numbers. On the other hand, PS4 did 800k in November 2014 too, and we saw how that turned out.

Oct 29, 2017

Doesn't Nintendo always sell more in December than in November though?

The way I see it, Black Friday shopping is the adults who hop on incidental discounts. The one with the most crazy discount wins (as long as demand and supply are there).

Come Christmas though, the Christmas lists don't say "whatever is in the discount". That's when Nintendo has a big shot with wining with the younger generation.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

I just checked the numbers: it's true but I was thinking of the wrong market (Japan), WW Animal Crossing has sold the same numbers as Mario 3D on both 3DS and DS. So I was wrong, but my general point was still valid. Smash, Animal Crossing, Mario 2D are all bigger than Zelda and roughly on par with Mario 3D.

Mario Kart and Pokémon are bigger than both AC and Mario 3D.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If true, the silence now makes sense, ms lost during launch of a new console, switch had no deals so was outsold by a couple hundred K, Sony never says anything.

Oct 25, 2017
I just checked the numbers: it's true but I was thinking of the wrong market (Japan), WW Animal Crossing has sold the same numbers as Mario 3D on both 3DS and DS. So I was wrong, but my general point was still valid. Smash, Animal Crossing, Mario 2D are all bigger than Zelda and roughly on par with Mario 3D.

Well, the poster I was quoting is taking about na numbers, and we are in an na thread. So my post is referring to na.
Not going to comment on Japan because I don't know a lot.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't last November include NES mini, WiiU and probably a bit higher 3ds sales?

Wii U was statistical noise lol

The leak was ~2.66 million for ps4/xbxox/3ds combined.

Ok, found Nintendo saying it sold 196k NES minis sold last november in the US

So, thats ~2.85 million consoles sold last novemeber...+44% puts you at ~4.10 million

So using v_iHuGi's numbers of

ps4 - 1.54 million
Xbox One - 1.4 million
Switch - 800k

So hes saying the 3ds and SNES mini only sold 360k this november?

Dr.AfroJaguar

Nov 21, 2017
If true, the silence now makes sense, ms lost during launch of a new console, switch had no deals so was outsold by a couple hundred K, Sony never says anything.

I still find it weird Ms wouldn't comment on the best nov for Xbox one since launch (according to the above poster)

Even when they use Ms has something to say about something.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Wii U was statistical noise lol

The leak was ~2.66 million for ps4/xbxox/3ds combined.

Ok, found Nintendo saying it sold 196k NES minis sold last november in the US

So, thats ~2.85 million consoles sold last novemeber...+44% puts you at ~4.10 million

So using v_iHuGi's numbers of

ps4 - 1.54 million
Xbox One - 1.4 million
Switch - 800k

So hes saying the 3ds and SNES mini only sold 360k this november?
Well even 100 or 200k for WiiU would already put us at a more realistic number.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm.

Well looks like we just have to wait for mat to get out of bed.

He just tweeted 10 hours ago his prediction, again, of the Switch being the number one selling console in 2018 owning 40% share of the US market....and he did that looking directly at his November NPD figures of 800k Switch's sold with the ps4 selling twice as much?

:P

Dont know where he gets that confidence from!

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
So pretty disappointing switch numbers. This just shows all the more why they need to have a good showing in their next direct. They risk losing momentum with the switch if they don't keep the system sellers coming.

Having said that I think December will be a lot better for them.