After the demoshave actually been played, will you buy Anthem?

• Yes

Votes: 326 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 873 49.0%
  • Not at launch, but will see about later on

Votes: 582 32.7%

• Total voters

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
It was an alright demo, but the gameplay wasn't engaging enough for me to pay $60. If some of my friends get it I may pick it up, otherwise I'm gonna pass.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Will check it later this year when most of the links have been worked out, it has some solid content and probably had a price drop as well.

Oct 27, 2017
I have something of a useless opinion as I didn't actually play the public beta, but I never liked anything about BioWare multiplayer in Mass Effect, so I already had reservations. Seeing all of the negative Impressions kind of confirms to me what I suspected of this, it's just not for me. So no, not even on a sale.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Undecided. Need to see reviews and how the end game is seeming, if the story missions are better than what was in the demo etc. Even if that is all good I'll only get it if a couple of friends I play these type of games with do. I got bored of Destiny 2 as those guys skipped it and playing solo or with randoms isn't fun to me in these games.

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
I finally kicked the Destiny habit right before Season of the Forge started and was hoping Anthem would scratch that same itch, but the issues with the demo left a bad impression. A few friends are still in for release and had the same issues, so I'll wait on their word before I commit.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure. I only got to play for like 15 minutes before the demo ended and in that span of time, I saw a bad performing game (probably my CPU? Have a 1080ti and a 3570k) and multiple loading screens.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
100% YES...and I normally don't like multiplayer co-op online shooters like Destiny...but something about Anthem drew me in- the jetpack flying mechanics, the diversity of the javelins, the gorgeous world, the graphics on PC, the fluid combat and movement and the Goldlike power of Storm!

only issue I'm debating is whether to get it on Day 1 or wait a few weeks...I also really want to play Metro Exodus and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice so I might wait till early April to pick up Anthem...but I loved the demo so much that I might just jump in on Day 1

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Played the demo on a base PS4, seemed to have some rough performance issues. As much as I really wanted to like the game that demo left me a little sour... just wasn't as much fun as I was anticipating.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
See how end game shapes up before buying, was pretty meh on it though, really didn't enjoy the shooting.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Probably not, but I know the demo was off an old build. I'll wait to see. There was potential but that build was rough.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
No way. Mostly because it 'felt' really bad to play. Guns had no impact and nothing felt right. I actually had it pre-ordered but I had to cancel.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm going to. Even though it had a lot of bugs I had a ton of fun with it. Need to find some people to play with on ps4.

twdnewh

Oct 31, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Damn, was hoping this game would get a positive response.
Might be landing an Rtx 2070 for a crazy price if help from a friend pans out and was going to go for this as my free game.

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
Nope.

Not into online shooters but at least Destiny has great shooting. Anthem doesn't even have that. Was hoping its single player would be decent but from what I played in the demo, this isn't promising at all.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I think Bioware has quite a hill to climb with Anthem, but I don't really see Apex being much of a factor. They offer totally different gameplay types. The appeal is very different.

Thats probably what EA is telling themselves, but I think player tastes are more fluid than that and there will be more overlap than they think (to Anthems detriment)...

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Apex Legends put things in perspective for me. Seeing the quality of polish in a F2P game (Anthem doesn't even run that well on Low settings), I cannot invest in Anthem at launch.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
No , I was not impressed at all. I'd probably play the free Apex more for my online game of choice (Only have time for one).

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
It felt unfinished from what i played. From dumb enemy AI that literally just stand around until u get close to them, to horrid interface, to inconsistent NPC's in overworld.

Like NPC's literally loop the same animations. I was getting Andromeda vibes from how unfinished everything outside of the combat/flight. That's the one thing that felt polished, was the flying, shooting.

But even then they have no clue how to do Loot compared to destiny, and the story is super uninteresting and smells like the rumors were true of original ME1+2 writers leaving/getting kicked off the project.

I'll look at it when it's $19.99. Even then I may not spend a lot of time in it. The gameplay loop wasn't super satisfying, and there seems to be issues with how the gameplay loop will be in terms of variety.

Like is there going to be a horde mode like Gambit? Since there's no pvp, the strongholds feel like they are raids, but there's only 3 of them.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UmeĂĄ, Sweden
The PC version is a mess with horrendous interface design that does not work well with mouse and keyboard, the performance issues and bugs. The two latter can be fixed easy enough, but the first problem is stemmed from a console first development. It's really, really bad how the menus felt awful to navigate.

As much as I kinda liked the one Stronghold shown and the movement mechanics, I think for now The Division 2 is a much safer card to bet on.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
It's gonna be a no from me. I wanted to see if Anthem would be a game I could play along side The Division 2, even a few months later after launch.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with the PC demo. My issues include: the flying and swimming controls sucked, the gameplay loop overwhelmingly favors abilities over gunplay, and too many loading screens.

The Division 2 remains my go-to GaaS but I'm sure Anthem will still gather a decent following despite me giving it a pass.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was not really interested before the demo, but after playing it and getting a feel for what the javelins can do and that it's closer to a traditional MMO than Destiny got me really excited for it. I also really enjoyed the javelin customization available in the demo and can't wait for more options in the full game.
I have not yet decided whether I will buy it day 1 or wait for them to add more strongholds, but I'll definitely buy it at one point.

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
This seems like the most obvious game to not buy at launch to me. I'll get the complete version if any later

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Gonna monitor the progress and play Metro: Exodus in the meantime.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Extremely curious to see its reception at launch and how it evolves over time.

But the demo just raised more concerns for me. I'm steering clear.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
If they add crossplay at some point it bumps it up to maybe cus a few of my xbox friends are way into it, but right now its a hard pass. Couldnt stand how awful the combat felt

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Oh damn. I didn't have time to play the demo, but the game definitely doesn't sound like something I should be prioritizing.

I had 3 copies pre-ordered to play with my girlfriend and roommate, but I think I'll save my money.

On the other hand, God Eater 3 is looking tempting for the right price down the line to scratch my co-op itch.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Performance was bad on Pro and gunplay wasn't satisfying enough. I think I'd have more fun just going back to Destiny 2.

Nov 16, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I originally had no intentions to buy the game anywhere near launch but I got a free copy with my new graphics card so I guess I'll be playing a little at launch to see how many of their changes they've talked about since this weekend they have actually made good on.

I thought about selling my game code but I know that eventually it will be a decent game like how Destiny 1/2 took time to get good. I'm still shocked though at the fact that despite Destiny 1, 2, Warframe, etc being out and mature products, this game is still making so many bad choices with design.

I get that they were making this while Destiny 2 was being made but surely they saw what happened with D1 and the changes Bungie made based on player feedback?? And surely they saw Destiny 2 at launch and thought "boy glad we're not them... we'll never make those kinds of mistakes".. and yet here we are with atrocious PC menus (thankfully being fixed), massively downgraded visuals (especially in the playable world area) vs the 2017 reveal, no way to change gear in the game, long load screens if you fly out of the mission zone, literally not being able to do ANYTHING if you get taken down in a no respawn zone. If someone on your team goes AFK you have to literally quit the mission instead of just waiting a little longer to respawn.

Destiny didn't get everything right but being able to see the green and blue drops and change that gear and then take your purple engrams back to town is the way it should be done. If I pick up an uncommon or rare item in Anthem, I should be able to see what I'm getting and equip or scrap stuff without leaving the action. I suspect that will eventually be how it is but I don't think it will be soon.

Also, I REALLY hope that they fix flying with the mouse. That was horrendous. Felt like I was out of control the whole time (RocketeerLearningToFly.gif)... seriously I'd pay $20 for a Rocketeer skin that changed the javelin into the OG Rocketeer outfit/helmet without all the guns and crap. Just a German Mauser pistol that had whatever ammo/weapon type my actual equipped weapons had.

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't mind playing it more but not nearly enough to pay full price for. Maybe if The Division 2 wasn't coming out at the same time and I happened to be in the right mood that week.
I'll keep tabs on it and wait for a price drop.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't going to buy at launch, and now I probably won't at all.

Everyone's playing Apex Legends now and Metro is coming in just over a week. Would much rather play those.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
What is the appeal of these grind games? Go play something that actually gives you a new experience, instead of mindlessly watching numbers go up. The shooting and movement felt terrible, too.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's not particularly fun, it runs like shit and there's no significant attractive quality that offsets the rudimentary (at best) gameplay and horrific performance like an engaging story.

BioWare, I love ya toots, but I'm not going anywhere near it.