• Meh, it was just okay

Votes: 702 55.4%
  • It was pure Bantha poodoo 💩

Votes: 305 24.1%

• Total voters

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Absolutely not. It had immense potential and was completely squandered and wasted.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Would have worked much better as a movie. Shame that shows are what the machine needs to keep its subscribers engaged week by week

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. You know a show is trash when you have to wait until the final two episodes for anything to happen. I guess Star Wars is in such a bad state right now that any remotely exciting thing that happens towards the very end is enough to reignite some hope. At least The Mandalorian was good, and then they went and made another tragically boring thing with the Boba Fett show.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
It was okay. I really liked the first and last episodes, and the rest was really hit or miss.

I'm another who'd have preferred they trimmed the fat and made it a movie.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
it was the most 5/10iest series i've ever seen. just thoroughly mediocre through and through, the level of introspection hinted at in the first episode sidelined in favour of a bland plot that felt very spread thin. kinda hated how it looked too, with the combination of the overexposed lighting and desaturated colour palette. Mando remains the only Star Wars show so far that actually looked visually interesting. still, at least it ended fairly decently and was better overall than Boba, which felt almost completely aimless.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
I mean… it mostly wasnt bad? Just middling.

Seeing hayden and ewan in character again was cooler than anything that actually happened in the show.

And honestly, i would love a dumb vader power hour type show starring hayden.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
like 4/10 where the 4 came from Obi v Vader scenes, of which there are like.. 2.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They sure stuck the landing. The last two episodes were wizard.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
It should have been a lot better and Disney really should've thrown a lot more money at it. But just for that final episode it was worth it.
Yeah essentially this.

I have really enjoyed many of these Disney Plus shows, but several of the latest ones have had some questionable production value imo.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Leia, and the Obi-Wan/Vader scenes. Series was worth it for that fight at the end alone.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
It was a B tier show for like 75% of it with a few moments that were absolute shit, and the back half had it's fair share of amazing incredible parts that made the whole show worth it for sure

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Mediocre across the board. Acting, cinematography, vfx. Some of the decisions the show made were always for the worst.

Made Vader and Obi Wan look like chumps multiple times.

Setup not one but two black actors for failure.

The Leia stuff was preposterous, I'm sure LF thinks all this stuff is clever, but it just makes the universe look smaller and smaller.

It seems nothing happens in the current Star Wars universe that doesn't include the sky walkers or people who are involved with them.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
If the question is do you want more Star Wars or less Star Wars it's always going to be more Star Wars. It wasn't the best, it had plenty of issues but what is the alternative, I never get to see this? Of course I rather see if warts in all. Now if you tell me get better writers or choose a movie or a TV then I would change it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Worth it seems like a strange thing to ask over a piece of media. I enjoyed it, though most of it fell short of amazing for me so I voted the top 2 choices.

For the most part, I'd like to move away from the Skywalkers, but I'm sure I'll turn in to season 2.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Big fan.

It was totally unnecessary, but I enjoyed pretty much every moment of the show. Could it have been tighter? Yes. But overall, I'm glad it exists. I will never not love petty Darth Vader. I really enjoyed Reva as a character even if the execution felt a little clunky - I really hope to see her in something else, whether it's Andor or Fallen Order 2 or whatever.

I don't want another season though.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would have worked better as a movie or a duology, there just wasn't enough there for the runtime, nor the budget. Probably would have served better than Solo as a "solo" film for an established character(s) at the time actually. The final duel was firing above its pay grade in the show, it's just a pity the rest of the show didn't really live up to it. I had very few problems with the casting or anything, just the plotting and the budget.

I mean, we had people moving between planets in what had to be like 30 seconds of transit time in-universe. It was very obvious and ridiculous.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't finished Obi-Wan but from what I've seen I think it would have been at least 10 times better if they'd just filmed a movie instead. A lot of MCU Disney+ shows have this problem too.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
I enjoyed it for what it was, a smaller budget story with some great moments, especially the last fight. What this did convince me of, is that Obi-Wan deserves a high budget movie or an expanded series, he's a great character in his own right.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I enjoyed Ewan and Hayden reprising their roles - and their interactions with each other.

Everything else was a waste of time imo.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
The final battle was a GOAT caliber moment for the series but everything else needed better writing and a bigger budget so badly.

Disney better open the goddamn wallet for season 2

Oct 25, 2017
It was an excuse to have one encounter; one fight. 6 episodes is a huge ask just to set up a sort-of-kind-of redemption arc for Obi Wan. It doesn't really work when you size it all up -- Leia wasn't acted particularly poorly, but I think it was a bit of a miscast. Ewen McGregor sounded like he was doing the Halston accent until the final episodes, which was weird. There wasn't really any time for Obi Wan to deal with trauma and reflect on his relationship, which is probably the main reason anyone would want to watch. Reva was a complete misstep and ended up being a wedge between the viewer and the content they wanted to see (though I think the actress did fine). I think they could have told this story in 3 episodes by cutting out repetition, unneeded characters and mini-arcs that failed to have emotional resonance, and it would still by kinda bad because the direction was really horrible, but it would be succinct in a way that would make it feel like what it is as a side-story rather than some meaningful epic.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was ok. They did Reva character dirty tho. She was interesting at the beginning but why the f they made her become like that at the end?

Her plan to kill Vader failed then she decided to go after his child?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
4/5, it definitely felt like redemption for the Prequels.

I do wonder what Ashoka will bring to the table.

The only flop was Boba.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It was fine, but could totally live without it. Plot wise it felt extremely pointless and kind of weird. Action, choreography, cinematography, etc were all pretty cheap looking. But Ewan is still great as Obi-Wan. It was kind of hype to see him and Vader interact. While not a perfect performance Little Leia was super cute.