• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
MOD EDIT: Replacing the old tweet with the new one

Last edited by a moderator:

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales

giphy.gif

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Comparing this with WW numbers is interesting. I assume Sony has made great strides in "ROW" markets?

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Xbox one numbers really aren't that bad when you consider how badly they handled this gen

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know we already knew this, but it's still surprising to me that the 360 beat the Wii in the US.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It seems like they've kept the price of ps4 higher than the other consoles for a long time. Still official price is just $299 for base, right?

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
4 PlayStations in the Top 7 is nutty.

Nobody is shaking Sony from dominance again in the console market next-gen.

That console market lockdown and hold is stronger than ever.

Last edited:

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
PS1 was on the market for a very, very long time.

Or wait...is this just the sales at 71-months for all of them?

I remember buying one of those slim PSOne consoles along with the LCD screen that you could attach to it to make it a semi-portable system at a Kmart in 2004 or 2005. It wasn't that I needed either thing, but it was hard to pass up at like $30 total.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Damn. Wii U doesn't even make the list. Like not even #8.

EDIT: I'm guessing this is because the Wii U was not "on the market" for 71 months, though I'm sure there must be somewhere that still has one for sale.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but honestly that's their target audience. Xbox is never ever ever going to sell in a place like Chile . Just ain't happening

I think it does well in Brazil and Mexico? Correct me if i'm wrong. It's not impossible for Xbox to gain relevance outside of the anglosphere, but they kinda have to try.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I miss the 360 days honestly, i have 2 of the slims still.........been meaning to give one to a buddy for his dynasty warriors 4 binge.

360 was absolutely massive when it launched........PS3 screwed up that launch so hard. I remember chipping in halfway on my birthday to get gears and a 360. Mass Effects, GTA IV, JRPG's!!!!!

the thing was an all around beast those first 3 years, there was nothing compared to it here in the states. Microsoft did so much right outside of the red ring, its been an interesting rollercoaster.

But i will always love playing Test Drive Unlimited online without party chat being a thing, cruising and making friends. Back when people actually socialized outside their little party bubbles these days.