• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hexcalibur

Jun 24, 2020
Let me preface this by saying that this in no way invalidates her accusations levied against Mike Z. Mike Z is a creep, a racist, and this does not excuse what he did to her. Please do not use this thread to excuse or rationalize his actions. Now with that being said.

Some terms that'll come up.

Shota/Shotacon: is Japanese slang describing an attraction to young boys.
Loli/Lolicon: Same as above but for young girls.

CW: Pedophilia & Pedophilia adjacent endorsing.

Back in October, a couple months after the anime run of Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba), she tweeted out this:

But it doesn't just end there sadly. After some push back she responds with:

And if you think "She's just joking" or something like that, I highly doubt it considering she's propping up replies like this.

Now personally, if you see nothing wrong with this, then that's on you, it's whatever. But this shit is dirt lol. I'm only sharing this because I'm semi-active in anime twitter and believe this knowledge should be known. I don't believe any of this exonerates Mike Z and that was never my intention because fuck Mike Z, he has numerous allegations levied against him that don't stem from a creep like this woman.

These aren't even the most sus shit she's done.

• Cosplaying as a pedophile that assaults little boys
  • There's contention in the community about doing "lewd" cosplays of child characters
  • As well as her being a white woman chasing an "Asian" aesthetic through numerous means (heavy editing, etc.)
This is just not the kind of person that needs to be platformed here honestly.

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
This is be an interesting thread for sure. Being under the scrutiny of the public shows the worst in people.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand people that think they need to get on their soapbox and fight for their right to be attracted to explicitly underage cartoon characters. Always struck me as insane.

The "drawings don't have an age" argument feels like it is made in bad faith at BEST and purposefully sticks its head in the sand in regards to art representing life.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
There is a (large?) section of anime culture that normalizes and defends stuff like this unfortunately.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Imagine saying "drawings don't have an age" with a straight face and then having in your bio "All characters are depicted 18 years of age or older. "
BCFuqym.png

Fuck Mike Z, fuck Ayumi and fuck Greatm8

signal

Oct 28, 2017
It's been kind of a long and slow process, but the normalization of anime culture has also normalized a lot of this garbage. Years ago I think more people would find this gross but now so many have these ironic self-aware weeb personalities. 'uwu i love shotis and lolis 😳 call me waifu senpai' *wears corny as hell ahegao-covered hoodie*

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
I think "internet celebrities" have a tendency to lose some grip on reality. Not all, but alarmingly many. Just my opinion.

BitOSalt

Feb 24, 2019
United States
What blows my mind is theyve been called on it, yet people have just swept it under the rug. I saw this plastered on twitter last year and people just stopped caring. I blocked her and Succubus on everything so I dont have to see that creepy ass shit.

Oct 27, 2017
"Hot take", but the Shota and Loli culture and defense force is disgusting and i'll side-eye the shit out of you, if you're a part of it.

Anime has its fair share of problems, but the fact that a subset of the community has normalized the sexualization of children is super fucked.

As well as her being a white woman chasing an "Asian" aesthetic through numerous means (heavy editing, etc.)
Wait, she's white?!

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
If you draw something to look like a child, it's a child. You don't get to excuse it in a technicality that anyone with half a Brian won't be convinced by anyway.

It is a physical representation of someone who is far too young to consent. That is what you are going for when you draw those sort of pictures.

Like genuine question: is there anyone, ever, at any point in internet history, who fell for that "a picture has no age" bollocks?
it's rhetorical, the answer is a hard no.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Those 1000 year old dragons aren't 1000 years old???!!!

this is fucked. And she's saying this stuff right out in the open....

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting.

It's unfortunate that thirsting over underage characters is so prevalent in anime.

Look at "best waifu" polls and you'll see a bunch of underage characters as options.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Question Hexcalibur

What is "CW" and pedophile "adjacent"?
CW means Content Warning. A warning of the type of content to expect from the post so that anyone who just doesn't want to view it or perhaps is in an environment where that stuff might not fly can not bother with it.

Pedophile "adjacent" would be something that can't strictly be catagorized as pedophilia but is still close enough to trigger similar reactions from people.