• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Using the fact that the OP was temporary banned as an excuse to attack them is so revealing, holy crap. This is someone being thirsty for underaged cartoon boys, it's fucked up.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Twitter will be the downfall of humanity. The lame ass Skynet we deserve.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Can we also discuss how most of her Instagram/Twitter is just yellowface?

Ebo7NNAXQAAgrNg
I thought she was mixed until I read the OP

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
This forum has this strange lack of imagination that makes people not being able to understand art styles, like, i have read a lot of people here saying that the villager in Animal Crossing is a kid
c95d9fbd3f68fb6f336f218fc2505445.png

When he/she is actually a functioning adult

There is such a thing as keeping it aesthetically ambiguous in the case of Saint Seiya. And this villager could be read as an adult when it comes to the game insertion and context, but if you take this aesthetic to the discussion of sex, which is what we're talking about, it clearly reads as a child and rightfully so. The argument that we can read anything as anything, just because the author attached a numeric value to it, implies that this discussion is not valid, and that is not true. Aesthetics says a lot in artistic representations.

Jun 2, 2019
There is such a thing as keeping it aesthetically ambiguous in the case of Saint Seiya. And this villager could be read as an adult when it comes to the game insertion and context, but if you take this aesthetic to the discussion of sex, which is what we're talking about, it clearly reads as a child and rightfully so. The argument that we can read anything as anything, just because the author attached a numeric value to it, implies that this discussion is not valid, and that is not true. Aesthetics says a lot in artistic representations.

When it comes to sex, i agree, that's why i said that it's unrelated to the discussion.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It would be significantly easier to prove if someone would dig up an old picture And post it.
I'd like too, but I'm also on a work phone so...

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I mean, you're not wrong, like that 10000 years old dragon trope, but it's also true that, depending on the athor, some manganimes can be very ambiguous just for the sake of it.

Sometimes is fun to find inverse versions of said trope. This is from the same anime as before (Saint Seiya), this character is Saori Kido
b18672125c24311ed8fece8e27d8379b.jpg

She's 13 too

Okay, that's a seperate thing, but what's the relevance when I was talking about characters who are clearly underage?

Yeah what do all of you think H-art communities means? What do you think those communities are full of?

People playing dumb about the prevalence of this stuff in hentai and other rule34 content, despite the obvious popularity of hentai and rule34 artists here based on the threads created here fairly regularly, is extremely transparent. Like someone made a thread about Sakimichan being racist a few weeks ago, people were being all disappointed by that, and she draws art of underage characters regularly. Her fucking profile picture was a pinup of one of the students from Persona 5.

Anyone who has ever been to a hentai website has seen shit like this. It's gross and harmful and it's everywhere on the internet. Stop pretending to be shocked.

For the record I find a lot of that stuff creepy. But I generally don't delve into twitter's art or Rule 34 community so it's not usual for me to see takes like the one in the tweets in the OP.

I will say though, as not to just sound like I'm railing on Anime, that all the She-Ra avatars here of two characters who are presumably teenagers making out never failed to make me uncomfortable. But that's a seperate discussion.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this wave of MeToo has gotten engulfed by a second wave, which is then engulfed by a third wave....what is happening?!

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Loli/shota culture is so fucking creepy. Back in the day I was the only one in the Retrogamer.it stuff to be creeped out by Deathsmiles game art.

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
i was just thinkinging about dropping My Hero Academia after that questionable *at best* relationship between La Brava and Gentle started to come into focus. I mean, like... where tf did that shit come from???? Yikes.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
i was just thinkinging about dropping My Hero Academia after that questionable *at best* relationship between La Brava and Gentle started to come into focus. I mean, like... where tf did that shit come from???? Yikes.
La Brava is supposed to be 21 when we meet her character. But, yes, it does reek of pedo-bait given her size.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I hate it too, she supposed to be 21 but it's very obvious why The artist designed her like that.

Jun 2, 2019
Okay, that's a seperate thing, but what's the relevance when I was talking about characters who are clearly underage?

I was answering to your comment of "If it's drawn as a child, it's a child" I'll stress that i said that it was actually unrelated to the discussion, y just wanted to point that i think you're wrong.

Always leaving the sexual issue aside. In that case, if it looks like a child, yeah, it's a child

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
For reference regarding the yellow-face, this is what Bunny looks like with less makeup:
EaqdFsXXsAI3yqn

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm torn between this being actually creepy and it feeling like "they're no angel" dirt dug up to cancel a sexual harassment victim

I mean it is, and if this actually an honest teardown, Mike Z wouldn't be referenced at all, the issue of BunnyAyu playing up the concept of sexualizing minors being it's own issue instead of a chip to negate a different argument.

But I digress, let's talk about this.

I'll admit, I had to learn and be convinced of why this was a big deal on my own because so much anime, SO MUCH OF IT, is sexualizing minors. Your favorite show does it, the show of the season does it, the show that was recommended to you does it, it is SO normalized and SO regular that it's pretty easy to not see it as a problem, which is in and of itself a problem. It's so normalized that cute buzzwords like loli and shota are considered jokes and tropes, something to laugh at while being fawned over. MHA is the most popular (maybe second most popular) anime in the world and EVERY SINGLE ONE of it's under aged female cast are sexed up. And it needs to stop.

But again, good luck convincing creators to do that when stuff like MHA is so overwhelming popular. Where the creator's own personal insert is literally the comedic pervert of the show.

I can totally understand why someone would need to be told why this is isn't okay. I've been convinced about why shows that I've enjoyed are absolutely toxic on the subject matter. I personally thought Made in Abyss was show of the year until I started talking with some people about how ready that show is to sexually abuse and humiliate characters who are under the age of 10 for no reason other than shock value. It's something that has to be taught and if you grow up in "anime culture", It can be difficult to see the trees from the forest. I get that.

So in BunnyAyumi's case, someone who's not only been part of that anime culture for the majority of her life but is mired in it as both her hobby and profession and is surrounded by people who continue to normalize this behavior, I can chock this one up as needing to be told. This is a lesson that anime fans have to go through, being able to understand that the media you injest has very real, very serious negative connotations that need to be addressed and can't be brushed off because "eh, it's all like that". I grew up around loli jokes because that content was always there starring me and those around me in the face. I had to LEARN that it was a big deal. I had to be made to understand.

Again, I feel like this is only being brought up because of other controversies but it's often in times of struggle that we learn about things we do and things we are that aren't healthy. I can only hope this being brought up makes BunnyAyu think about some of this stuff a little harder and not just blindly promote harmful material with harmful jokes because "that's what I always did growing up".

The sexualization of minors in all materials needs to stop. I don't see it stopping in anime or manga anytime soon, but that doesn't mean that the current course that most of the industry is on is perfectly fine.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Wow, I don't know this culture or any of these people at all and after cursory browse of this thread I'm extra glad.
I'm 'a nope the fuck out, thank you.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I'm really not sure about the yellowface accusation? Filters yeah but I don't see the attempt to go for specifically stereotypical features like slanty eyes or the like.

AldabraRail

Banned
Sep 25, 2019
I mean it is, and if this actually an honest teardown, Mike Z wouldn't be referenced at all, the issue of BunnyAyu playing up the concept of sexualizing minors being it's own issue instead of a chip to negate a different argument.

But I digress, let's talk about this.

I'll admit, I had to learn and be convinced of why this was a big deal on my own because so much anime, SO MUCH OF IT, is sexualizing minors. Your favorite show does it, the show of the season does it, the show that was recommended to you does it, it is SO normalized and SO regular that it's pretty easy to not see it as a problem, which is in and of itself a problem. It's so normalized that cute buzzwords like loli and shota are considered jokes and tropes, something to laugh at while being fawned over. MHA is the most popular (maybe second most popular) anime in the world and EVERY SINGLE ONE of it's under aged female cast are sexed up. And it needs to stop.

But again, good luck convincing creators to do that when stuff like MHA is so overwhelming popular. Where the creator's own personal insert is literally the comedic pervert of the show.

I can totally understand why someone would need to be told why this is isn't okay. I've been convinced about why shows that I've enjoyed are absolutely toxic on the subject matter. I personally thought Made in Abyss was show of the year until I started talking with some people about how ready that show is to sexually abuse and humiliate characters who are under the age of 10 for no reason other than shock value. It's something that has to be taught and if you grow up in "anime culture", It can be difficult to see the trees from the forest. I get that.

So in BunnyAyumi's case, someone who's not only been part of that anime culture for the majority of her life but is mired in it as both her hobby and profession and is surrounded by people who continue to normalize this behavior, I can chock this one up as needing to be told. This is a lesson that anime fans have to go through, being able to understand that the media you injest has very real, very serious negative connotations that need to be addressed and can't be brushed off because "eh, it's all like that". I grew up around loli jokes because that content was always there starring me and those around me in the face. I had to LEARN that it was a big deal. I had to be made to understand.

Again, I feel like this is only being brought up because of other controversies but it's often in times of struggle that we learn about things we do and things we are that aren't healthy. I can only hope this being brought up makes BunnyAyu think about some of this stuff a little harder and not just blindly promote harmful material with harmful jokes because "that's what I always did growing up".

The sexualization of minors in all materials needs to stop. I don't see it stopping in anime or manga anytime soon, but that doesn't mean that the current course that most of the industry is on is perfectly fine.
this is really good post, thank you.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I love the "it's a different culture" excuse when 99.9 percent of Japanese people find this sort of stuff completely unacceptable.

Anime culture and japanese culture aren't mutually exclusive. The anime industry has been surviving by catering to a very small category of people for years now and seems perfectly happy to continue doing so. It's why we get seasons where 90% of shows are just smut, and why word of mouth recommendations become so important.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

For the record I find a lot of that stuff creepy. But I generally don't delve into twitter's art or Rule 34 community so it's not usual for me to see takes like the one in the tweets in the OP.

I will say though, as not to just sound like I'm railing on Anime, that all the She-Ra avatars here of two characters who are presumably teenagers making out never failed to make me uncomfortable. But that's a seperate discussion.
You've been told before, even if you haven't experienced it before you've been made aware multiple times on threads related to this subject.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with this She-Ra stuff exactly. People happy to see a gay romance in fiction are stealth child abusers in your opinion? Aren't you from Britain, where shows like Skins were extremely popular? Like yeah shipping can be problematic and there are certainly people here that get way too invested in shipping teenage characters, but to make the jump from that to the shit in the OP is a bit much.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really not sure about the yellowface accusation? Filters yeah but I don't see the attempt to go for specifically stereotypical features like slanty eyes or the like.
Yeah I'm not sure I get it. Is she wearing make up? What is the make up doing for her exactly? Is it the the face she's making?
Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Seems like reaching to me. Putting tips on your eyeliner doesn't mean you are trying to slant your eyes..
You don't?

dPjEske.png
lZ5Xx6A.png

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Seems like reaching to me. Putting tips on your eyeliner doesn't mean you are trying to slant your eyes..

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
She's white and wearing make-up to deliberately give the impression that she's Asian.
This bothered me on the thread yesterday and I'm surprised more people didn't call this out. We all know WHY she does this, and it's really just not right imo. I don't like it. And the pedosadism is just a cherry on top. It's really gross stuff that normalizes sexualizing children.

edit: she calls herself bunny ayumi, she does the fox eye makeup, edits her eye size and shape in every photo. What look she is going for is pretty obvious imo.

Last edited:

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yeah I'm not sure I get it. Is she wearing make up? What is the make up doing for her exactly? Is it the the face she's making?

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Why did you post this on gaming side if you didn't want people to associate it with the MikeZ thing? She's not involved in gaming communities is she?

OP
OP
Hexcalibur

Hexcalibur

Jun 24, 2020
I was gonna ask wtf OP meant by "platforming" her. She was harassed and there was a thread about it because of the relevance of the Skullgirls designer. I fail to see how this thread is not an attempt to "debunk" her even if OP put in the obligatory "this doesn't change her harassment" phrase.

Please point out where I tried to "debunk" anything she said.

I'm black. I have zero reason to carry water for some weirdo sexual harasser that makes "I can't breathe" jokes. Like come on. It was advised to make a separate thread about this instead of doing it in the thread about her accusation.

Not even trying to be on some "she's no angel" shit, she's just disgusting and says this shit all the time, she cosplayed a woman that runs around sexually assaulting little boys and y'all in here throwing around conspiracy theories about my ulterior motives lmfao.

Why did you post this on gaming side if you didn't want people to associate it with the MikeZ thing? She's not involved in gaming communities is she?

Like previously stated, she's a twitch streamer/vtuber and I honestly didn't know which part to put this in, so if it belongs in etcetera I'm not opposed to them moving it there.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I was gonna ask wtf OP meant by "platforming" her. She was harassed and there was a thread about it because of the relevance of the Skullgirls designer. I fail to see how this thread is not an attempt to "debunk" her even if OP put in the obligatory "this doesn't change her harassment" phrase.
Why do you care?

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I feel y'all are really reaching with the "trying to look Asian" comments. She's always looked white to me and still does, she just has make up on. What of it?

As for the shota stuff, yeah, it's pretty gross. Her girlfriend (not sure if they're together still) has the same mindset as her