• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Her statement is pathetic. Even when caught red-handed she still can't be honest. All she can say is that she's sorry for "seeming to make light of the rules" which was apparently "never her intention".

It's the kind of phoney apology that will only make things worse.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's so laughable, I regret the remarks made a year ago, but really yesterday because I got caught.

Seeming to make light of.....sorry not sorry.

We did great at COP26 btw.

Someone should ask her now if the party happened and who was there to see if she says, I can't talk about that or some other BS, I've been taken care of etc.

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
When asked at the covid press conference there about the additional events, he said 'as far as he was aware no events took place, and the guidelines were followed at all times.'

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Met Police has confirmed it's not going to investigate the party that definitely didn't happen.
Based on the absence of evidence and in line with our policy not to investigate retrospective breaches of such regulations, the Met will not commence an investigation at this time.
So I guess they just investigate future breaches, Minority Report style.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Met Police has confirmed it's not going to investigate the party that definitely didn't happen.

Evidence, lol. Ask questions, check visitor logs etc.

Pathetic. I suppose she isn't a Dame for nothing, firmly establishment hide the bodies type.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017

No, they confirmed that they will not investigate the video of the press briefing rehearsal. Not the party itself. Joking about a breach of regulations is not a breach of regulations in itself.

BBC said:
The Metropolitan Police will not launch an investigation into the video of No 10 staff joking about holding a Christmas party when London was under Tier 3 restrictions last year.

They say the video "does not provide evidence of a breach" of health regulations and instead "restates allegations made in the media".

In a statement, the force says it had received "a significant amount of correspondence" over the video, obtained by ITV.

It adds that any evidence found as part of the Cabinet Office inquiry will be passed to the Met for further consideration.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
From the notedly hostile and Labour supporting Telegraph..

unknown.png

unknown.png

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
you know you're a tory when you have allies and not just friends.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
No, they confirmed that they will not investigate the video of the press briefing rehearsal. Not the party itself. Joking about a breach of regulations is not a breach of regulations in itself.
With respect, I'm not sure you're right. Here's the full Met statement. Doesn't say they're only not investigating the video. Which they wouldn't say anyway, because the video isn't a breach. The police investigate actual or alleged breaches of the law, not evidence of said breaches. Evidence is part of the investigation. The BBC piece you quoted is badly worded.
The Metropolitan Police Service has received a significant amount of correspondence relating to allegations reported in the media that the health protection (coronavirus, restrictions) regulations were breached at gatherings at No 10 Downing Street in November and December 2020.

All this correspondence has been considered by detectives in detail, as well as footage published by ITV News. The correspondence and footage does not provide evidence of a breach of the health protection regulations, but restates allegations made in the media.

Based on the absence of evidence and in line with our policy not to investigate retrospective breaches of such regulations, the Met will not commence an investigation at this time.

The Met has had discussions with the Cabinet Office in relation to the investigation by the cabinet secretary. If any evidence is found as a result of that investigation, it will be passed to the Met for further consideration.
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...08cfef2cf62173#block-61b105018f08cfef2cf62173

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
FFS, a policy not to investigate past breaches makes some sense. Not in the public interest to investigate every possible breach.

It is in the public interest if that breach is in public office.

I hate hiding behind policy like this.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
With respect, I'm not sure you're right. Here's the full Met statement. Doesn't say they're only not investigating the video. Which they wouldn't say anyway, because the video isn't a breach. The police investigate actual or alleged breaches of the law, not evidence of said breaches. Evidence is part of the investigation. The BBC piece you quoted is badly worded.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...08cfef2cf62173#block-61b105018f08cfef2cf62173

Well, that is very disappointing. If they won't investigate until the Cabinet Secretary produces evidence of a crime, they are probably never going to investigate. The inquiry will drag on into next year, a mealy-mouthed statement will be put out in January saying the party was a "work-related meeting" and nothing will happen. Just like every time something like this happens under Boris.

Oct 30, 2017
A lack of police investigation will just further the "them Vs us" messaging. This is not going to end well.

Watch the frantic throwing of any shit they can hold of against the wall to try to get media traction away from this compete mess.

I think theyre really underestimating the public fury here.

Also explained why they were so surprised at public compliance with the rules. They broke then all over the fucking place and thought everyone else was. Utter cunts the lot of them.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Well, that is very disappointing. If they won't investigate until the Cabinet Secretary produces evidence of a crime, they are probably never going to investigate. The inquiry will drag on into next year, a mealy-mouthed statement will be put out in January saying the party was a "work-related meeting" and nothing will happen. Just like every time something like this happens under Boris.
Agreed! It's depressing AF.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
How hard is it not to have Christmas parties in the middle of a pandemic for fuck's sake.

Burli

Nov 7, 2017
Scandal after scandal from the Tories and yet at this point I can barely muster any anger. I expect this stuff, expect no repercussions and expect people to keep on voting for the Tories no matter their indescretions. We're stuck with them and the English public apparently wants it that way.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017

Don't they like...guard the doors of the building? Perhaps one of them noticed. Probably not, but still worth an ask.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
A lack of police investigation will just further the "them Vs us" messaging. This is not going to end well.

Watch the frantic throwing of any shit they can hold of against the wall to try to get media traction away from this compete mess.

I think theyre really underestimating the public fury here.

Also explained why they were so surprised at public compliance with the rules. They broke then all over the fucking place and thought everyone else was. Utter cunts the lot of them.
Boris appears to have finally lost The S*n and the Torygraph. I think his goose his cooked, and it's just a matter of when not if a photo or video of him at one of these parties is leaked. Then it's truly game over.

You do have to wonder who's been sitting on all this for so long though...

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Yeah today's papers are vitriolic. When The Sun ignored this yesterday, I thought it might blow over, but I think this might actually break through and do some damage Seeing their front page this morning. Wow.

Red or Alive

Oct 28, 2017
Boris appears to have finally lost The S*n and the Torygraph. I think his goose his cooked, and it's just a matter of when not if a photo or video of him at one of these parties is leaked. Then it's truly game over.

You do have to wonder who's been sitting on all this for so long though...

Yes, the leakers should be revealed (unofficially) and interrogated as to why they sat on this for a whole year.

The press feels comfortable to collude with Conservative party manoeuvres, when they should be reporting in the public interest. Which makes me feel more uneasy than I should about this situation. We all should feel angry but at the newspaper editors who knew about this months ago but didn't investigate.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Yes, the leakers should be revealed (unofficially) and interrogated as to why they sat on this for a whole year.

The press feels comfortable to collude with Conservative party manoeuvres, when they should be reporting in the public interest. Which makes me feel more uneasy than I should about this situation. We all should feel angry but at the newspaper editors who knew about this months ago but didn't investigate.
Some of those newspaper people were at the party, allegedly.

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales

Also, I am super duper shocked the cops are doing nothing

I'm not really, the cops are only there to fuck with regular people

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Tories lying through their teeth, putting themselves above the law.

Boris throwing everyone under the bus in response.

Met police refusing to investigate despite fuckton of evidence.

This country is a joke, the Tories are so corrupt and they are getting away wiith it and laughing in our faces.

flip

Oct 25, 2017
When it rains it pours. How will he get out of this one?

Oh, maybe via paternity leave.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
When it rains it pours. How will he get out of this one?

Oh, maybe via paternity leave.

Pretty easy.

"How do you explain the finding from the Electoral Commission today that you broke the rules over donations for your flat refurbishment?"

"Ahh.. well.. look, I think what the public are really interested in is what we're doing now, with the fastest rollout of boosters in Europe, and I say to them, please go and get your jabs.."

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Boris and Carrie had a baby, man what timing 😂

Get a Royal Wedding going too.

Oct 27, 2017
For most people, the birth of their child is one of the most special days of their life. For Boris Johnson, it's Thursday.