• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I made another big purchase instead (Neural DSP Quad Core). I'm cool to wait. My GTX 1080ti has served me well. It can keep serving me for a bit. If Cyberpunk doesn't work well on it, I'll pretend it had another delay. They took my money a long time ago, so what's a bit longer?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i got it at $1000 with intention to flip it in 6-8 months, so it's a wash imo

i've just accepted that i'll always be behind a gen in the GPU game. or until/if supply goes back to "normal" i can't fret over the benchmarks too much
wtf dude! That was a terrible purchase. 2080 Ti will not be worth even half that in 6-8 months if 3060/3070 availability has normalized.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Aaaand that will be when I buy the new rtx cards. Here's a hoping they have a refreshed line up mid 2021.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
That means I'll probably have to wait until June or July because of Asus's bullshit. I ordered a 3080 TUF Gaming non-OC card but Asus is making like 95% OC ones.

The store I bought it from has delivered over 300 TUF OC cards and 10 TUF non-OC cards during October and November.
It's pretty common knowledge that if you want to get a card during a normal person's lifetime you have to dish out extra for an OC card. Companies have zero reasons to produce non-OC cards and make less out of them.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
wtf dude! That was a terrible purchase. 2080 Ti will not be worth even half that in 6-8 months if 3060/3070 availability has normalized.

that's a big "if" and i want the best card available right now.

i've sold older cards for more relative value, but see where it goes. i'd be happy to have pie on my face and see some normalcy

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to get a 3070 Gaming X Trio but I can't get a Ryzen 5000 series for the life of me. And it's a brand new computer, not an upgrade, so I have every part sitting there, completely unusable until I get a CPU....... 😓

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Bought a 3090 at a sub 1800eur (msi trio) and happy that i did. It's a beeeeeaaaaaast.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
This launch has been a hot fucking mess. Really killed my desire to further invest in PC gaming right now.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got a 3060ti from the EVGA queue because I got in early. It's a pretty decent upgrade over my old 2070 Super that I'm selling to a friend for a reasonable price because he's been wanting to upgrade without spending a ton for a while. I decided to hop in the 3080 step-up queue because maybe I'll decide I want to put 400 dollars down on a serious upgrade in like... a half a year when the queue catches up, haha. Maybe if there's a 3070ti released in the next 90 days I'd jump into the step-up queue for that. That's probably my sweet spot for 1440p gaming for a long time.

Sep 21, 2019
I called this when the launch had such limited supply, and so many people said stock would stabilize by Christmas.

Lol.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
I saw the 3070s going for like 1100 on Amazon third party sellers.

Yeah no thanks. I'll wait.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why I got a 1660 super for the meantime. I'll pick up a 3070 or 3080 sometime next year no stress.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty amazing that people will run back to NVIDIA again after this. We're really dumb and they have a monopoly and AMD has dropped the ball even harder.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that's a big "if" and i want the best card available right now.

i've sold older cards for more relative value, but see where it goes. i'd be happy to have pie on my face and see some normalcy
These cards *are* available though. Just tough to get. I have a 3080 in my machine that I ordered for MSRP from Amazon a few weeks back.

If you had put in the effort on 3060 Ti launch day I bet you could've gotten one. Always a big drop at launch. I easily snagged a 3070 FE at launch and passed on 2 more from the EVGA queue while waiting to get a 3080.

$1k for a 2080 Ti... god lord lol. You really f'd up.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
By the time I can afford a new GPU (was thinking of selling off the PS5 and just have the Series X but the load times and overall quality of the early games on offer has convinced me to keep it), hopefully the 3070ti will be out next Fall.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah one of my buddies was on the verge of building his first PC but he can't find a 3080 anywhere. I get the frustration.

I kept going back and forth if I wanted to upgrade from my 2070 Super, but at least the decision is being made for me, lol.

Shrike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still shocked I was able to get both a 5800x and a 3080 within three hours of each other, then a PS5 about a week later. Privileged as fuck but it feels so good to just be done with it all. As others have said the best way to get one is to join Discords that track this stuff and just have your information ready on the sites they commonly go up on and be as fast as you can whenever you see an alert. You'll miss out on a lot of drops, but with perseverance, eventually, you should manage to get one. Just don't be picky about what you get; I got a Zotac 3080 Amp Holo which a lot of people scoff at but honestly it works fine, is pretty quiet and looks really cool to be honest.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
I managed to get a 3080 Tuf OC last weekend. I was on a waiting list and totally didn't expect the call.

Funnily enough, I am still waiting for my 5800X to complete my build. B&H has shipped it, so here's hoping next week in time for Cyberpunk.

OP
OP
Marano

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
By the time I can afford a new GPU (was thinking of selling off the PS5 and just have the Series X but the load times and overall quality of the early games on offer has convinced me to keep it), hopefully the 3070ti will be out next Fall.
I am convinced it will be a long time before I can have a PC that has better performance than the series x, price for newer cards is even more expensive where I live than normal.

Oct 25, 2017
*hugs 3080 FE*

I've been extraordinarily blessed during this time of COVID and BOT induced tech shortages. Got my 3080, Ryzen 9 5900x and PS5, all at MSRP (well, the PS5 was in a GameStop Bundle, but all items were MSRP). Even managed to get a RX 6800 XT for a friend's build. But each one of those were really had to get, and required a ridiculous amount of time and dedication on my part, with A LOT of failure and frustration. Much more time an attention than any normal person should have to spend in order to give a company their money for a product at the actual stated, advertised sale price. I don't know how many times I got something in my cart only for it to disappear at checkout page, or payment or for the site to crash completely. The best part is, I don't think these companies actually care at all - at the end of the day, regardless of if every card gets by bots and scalpers jack the actual price to the stratosphere, they get their money and consumer will be back cause reasons. They will face next to no consequences for these shit show launches.

Still on the hunt for a 3060 TI and a PS5 for friends. Honestly feels like it's getting harder to snag these items as time goes on, not easier. The main Discord I'm in for this stuff has 60K+ members - that's real, breathing human beings, trying to get cards, CPUs and consoles - and all the real demand is compounded by a tsunami of sneaker bots and scalpers. Situation sucks. Good luck everyone.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I'm perfectly fine with my 1080 FE. By then a refresh will be out and that will be the time to purchase.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll stick with my 1070 until spring 2021 when I get either a 3060 Ti or 3070. The stock issues on these cards has been a total mess.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Yup, really disappointed by the price gouging even though the cards are available to buy for me.

Decided to postpone building a pc until prices are better(kind doubt if it will go down much for me though)

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
Pretty amazing that people will run back to NVIDIA again after this. We're really dumb and they have a monopoly and AMD has dropped the ball even harder.

What you mean? Gamers should go AMD while having as we speak even lower supply, worse RT performance and icing on the cake, even worse pricing overall?
My plan was to get a RX 6800, wasn't able to manage time for the drop. I secured a RX 6800 XT nitro+ but pricing was way too much (849€, msrp being 769€ which already kills the purpose of undercutting Nvidia 3080 price). After the fact, I realise it wasn't a sound decision and cancelled it.
Thanks to a Twitter account I got a RTX 3070 FE yesterday at msrp, 519€. Extra money will get me a nice 1440p monitor.

It's not dumb to go for the best deal. Hopefully, AMD will get a better communication (that backfired really hard) and better availability for Navi 3. Also, no issue with 7nm allocation (CPU/consoles/GPU) next time.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how am I supposed to trace rays then!? I was hoping to start an environment project with a new gpu

mrpookles

Oct 29, 2017
Still waiting on my 3080. The store I'm using in Australia has been earning interest on my money since the first week of release.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Managed to get an asus tuf oc 3070, but paid 140€ over the msrp. Installed it today but the coil whine is so obnoxious that i have to return it. Will wait until I see some benchmarks of CP2077 between the rx 5700xt and 3070. If the game looks and pefroms substantially better with ray tracing at 1440p then I have to rethink my decision. I feel like the 3070 is the bad value choice at this point. 3080 is far better and the 3060ti is just a tad slower with the same amount of vram.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Nvidia literally don't even sell their own cards here in Australia so yeah we are well and truly fucked.

Everything is like 100-400 over MSRP, 3090's sell out at $3,000 aud.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Got a 3070 in a pre-built because I was tired of the charade. I needed a new mobo and CPU anyway, and it the whole rig was probably only $150 more than if I'd bought everything separately.

Worth it to just put this nonsense behind me.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
A Discord notify bot + a bit of patience and perseverance enabled me to get a 3090 FE.
you and me brother. but even then, I lost a lot of sleep living on call and sleeping light trying to hear a discord alert chime which could come at literally any hour of the day or night.

I am glad to be almost done with that. Just waiting for the right mobo to come into stock so I can move on from my X570 Auros Master which has been a disappointment.

Managed to get an asus tuf oc 3070, but paid 140€ over the msrp. Installed it today but the coil whine is so obnoxious that i have to return it. Will wait until I see some benchmarks of CP2077 between the rx 5700xt and 3070. If the game looks and pefroms substantially better with ray tracing at 1440p then I have to rethink my decision. I feel like the 3070 is the bad value choice at this point. 3080 is far better and the 3060ti is just a tad slower with the same amount of vram.
Let it run full tilt, max fans for several hours. Stress it with a benchmark. Then let it relax for the rest of the day.

Then see if the coil whine is still there the next day. Ultimately give it a week. Coil whine may go away. It has on my devices that had coil whine.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
It might be so for the price to performance compared to the 3060 Ti. 3080 is in another league!