• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What was match of the night?

• The Undisputed Era - War Raiders

• Matt Riddle - Kassius Ohno

• Ricochet - Johnny Gargano

• Shayna Baszler - Bianca Belair

• Tommaso Ciampa- Aleister Black

Results are only viewable after voting.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Ricochet vs. Gargano was amazing once it kicked into its final gear. This was also the first time I really saw the War Raiders, super impressive.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BTW Johnny's Dark Phoenix gear tonight was fucking awesome...also he's played the best "tone deaf heel who thinks he's a babyface" in years....so good.

I feel like Ciampa was going for the classic yellow and blue wolverine look to go with Gargano. I mean it makes sense, considering they closed the show out

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Ciampa is my favourite on NXT

I live for hearing some idiot scream from the crowd "FUCK YOU CIAMPA"

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I realised when watching takeover that another negative of introducing the North American title was that 1 of the matches is now always going to seem so unimportant ie riddle and ohno. The stakes so less important that it creates a massive imbalance to the card.

Tag match delivered and was super fun.

Ohno and riddle was okay.

NA title was entertaining and super high energy but ricochet needs a true heel to fued with as he seems to struggle to connect with the crowd. Maybe a fued with Ciampa could do it.

Woman match was better than I was expecting and probably had the best story telling of any match on the card. Strength didn't beat out experience but came damn close. Build bianca up for the takeover after new York and put the strap on her. Could be a grsat story home she had the to old but need the experience to overcome shayna's mma skills.

Main event was good but not great. I have to admit I've really cooled on Black. He is really talanted and I actually think he suits the main roster more. I hope he is in the rumble tonight and makes a good impression. Have him randomly show up on raws and Smackdown till mania and snipe a ton of mid level guys. Then at mania he takes out a Joe or a styles and they put him on the map.

The end was super intriguing, even more so with them both holding the singles titles. If the NA was so new I'd so they would rekindle the fued and the new York takeover would unify the belts. Very intriguing.

About what I expected from the takeover but wouldn't call it the best ever. Always a great way to spend 2 and half hours on a Sunday. They really should start selling them as PPVs as the quality stays in the network bubble and they never get new eyes on the product.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the event. Ricochet and Garagno was of course the match of the night, even though War Raiders vs Era was awesome. Couldn't stand the women's match, and it's been a very long time since I've said that for a Takeover match. I also don't get what's supposed to be special about Matt Riddle. Main event was alright, but felt it could've been a lot better without that knee injury from Black.

But yeah, that closing shot of Gargano and Ciampa holding titles really showed how much the story of DIY worked to perfection. Those two became the best, and most consistent guys on the roster once they split, and it was for the best. But damn if I don't want to see evil DIY as a tag team once again if just for a short time.

And whoever said that Ricochet needs a rival, I agree and thought it should've been Adam Cole.

Could've been worse, but felt lacking in comparison to other Takeovers

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Kairi is kind of the only choice for Shayna on a Mania Takeover at this point.

She's the only one that can guarantee a great match that people will get into.

Io would be second but I don't think it'd be a good idea to put the title on her yet.
if she wasn't over in the UK brand I'd love to see a TV feud with deonna in the meantime, but yeah Kairi is pretty much the only choice, there's still the hanging thread of Kairi's shoulders being up at the end of their last match, and while I think Io would have a great match too she hasn't really connected with me in a way that I'd wanna see her feuding with Shayna for months