• The Undisputed Era - War Raiders

• Matt Riddle - Kassius Ohno

• Ricochet - Johnny Gargano

• Shayna Baszler - Bianca Belair

• Tommaso Ciampa- Aleister Black

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Only challenger I think Ciampa has left is....I guess you could go with Riddle?

He hasn't really fought with anyone besides Ohno so far but I guess it would be either him or Riccochet.

OP
OP

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Like the first Takeover of last year, the first Takeover of 2019 was basically a one-match Takeover. You could make the case that the tag match adds a notch to it to make a two match takeover like in Philly with Cole-Black and Almas-Gargano, and rightfully so.

But this was a one-match Takeover. And again, it was thanks to Johnny Takeover. Because other than that match and the tag, everything else was meh.

So expect Takeover: New York to be utterly incredible as a result.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Triple H is part of Org 13

Kingdom Hearts 3 spoilers

ysfMzdC.jpg

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
They should have DIY win the tag titles in the opener in NY

Then successfully defend their singles belts in the Co-Main Events.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
So i remember liking Bianca in the Mae Young classics and i've heard lots of good things about her since, but that match.. The problem is, Shayna does many great things, with Bianca arms and all, really technical and impressive. Bianca did no-thing and then suddenly she has a finisher and a pin, and the referee is not there and we're meant to be all "maaaan she deserved the win!" ? To me the math did a really bad job at showing Bianca Belair as a deserving champ.

Other than that i missed the 2 first matches cause i though it was starting at 8pm i guess. Rico/Garga was a-ma-zing. best match i've seen in NXT since Gargano/Andrade. It was tough for the main event to follow.. But i didn't think it was bad.

ZeBatsy

Oct 27, 2017
There was a post match angle

Involved Ciampa, Gargano, Dream, Cole, Ricochet and Black all pushing each other

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
Good PPV, but the weakest TakeOver since 2017 IMO

Gargano vs Ricochet was amazing, but not as good as his matches against Almas, Black or Ciampa I and II
Undisputed Era delivered again
I was expecting nothing from Shayna and Ohno matches and I got nothing. At least Riddle looks really good in the ring
The problem was the main event, for me it was a little lackluster. It was good, but I was expecting way more

But I got say how I love this Ciampa/Gargano storyline

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So are they just going to promote Shayna without her losing the title? If so, they probably shouldn't do that anymore. The women's division never fully recovered from Asuka and its just as buried now. there are no credible challengers for the title and the only alternative is to hotshot a 2 month feud until the next Takeover. that didn't work here and I doubt its going to work again. They need to start focusing on their women more, try having some NXT episodes that have more than 1 token women's match and every Takeover should have more than 1. Build some feuds, make some stars and you won't have this problem.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know. Part of me was expecting Adam Cole to Superkick Cosmos at the end instead of the DIY reunion. I suppose it can still happen

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So are they just going to promote Shayna without her losing the title? If so, they probably shouldn't do that anymore. The women's division never fully recovered from Asuka and its just as buried now. there are no credible challengers for the title and the only alternative is to hotshot a 2 month feud until the next Takeover. that didn't work here and I doubt its going to work again. They need to start focusing on their women more, try having some NXT episodes that have more than 1 token women's match and every Takeover should have more than 1. Build some feuds, make some stars and you won't have this problem.
I doubt she gets promoted before the after Mania SD/Raw and there's another TakeOver there

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They can do Kairi again and have her win at the WM Takeover, build up Io to have her win or they can somewhat mirror the Takeovers last road to WM and have a rematch with Bianca seeing as she didn't lose clean or it being a fluke pin. Either way Shayna's losing at the WM Takeover.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
They can do Kairi again and have her win at the WM Takeover, build up Io to have her win or they can somewhat mirror the Takeovers last road to WM and have a rematch with Bianca seeing as she didn't lose clean or it being a fluke pin. Either way Shayna's losing at the WM Takeover.
I don't think Bianca is getting another title shot against Shayna after tonight. The match was very rough, and the crowd didn't really get invested until the very end. I think its more likely they give Io a shot, or give Kairi another one (she staked a claim to another title shot after winning both female competitor and overall competitor).

I mean I expect Bianca to remain around, but likely as the third member of Kairi's group she has, since Dakota is out of the picture. It's been posted elsewhere, but I think Bianca could benefit greatly from working with Kairi and Io in a tag team/faction.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like the Kairi ship has sailed.....hey I saw what I did there! I'm thinking her and Shirai will be involved with the WWE women's tag belts next month (they need some true teams). As far as Belair, they'll need to build her back up again and have a reason for Shayna to wrestle her again. She's a natural heel, but if they want her to be a face that at least the fans can get behind, then I'd have her run in on Shayna at every opportunity. Interviews, matches, back stage. Quick hit and runs to where Shayna actually wants to fight her again. Her winning another tourney to determine another number 1 contender isn't going to get the job done. they actually shouldn't do that at all since they just did it last month.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Bianca is getting another title shot against Shayna after tonight. The match was very rough, and the crowd didn't really get invested until the very end. I think its more likely they give Io a shot, or give Kairi another one (she staked a claim to another title shot after winning both female competitor and overall competitor).

I mean I expect Bianca to remain around, but likely as the third member of Kairi's group she has, since Dakota is out of the picture. It's been posted elsewhere, but I think Bianca could benefit greatly from working with Kairi and Io in a tag team/faction.
Still a legit possibility. You may not think so but still it's not a possibility to rule out.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

My guess is Shayna makes a guest spot in the Rumble, but doesn't go to the main roster until after Mania. With Ronda rumored to be gone, having Shayna fill that void would be a good move.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the Kairi ship has sailed.....hey I saw what I did there! I'm thinking her and Shirai will be involved with the WWE women's tag belts next month (they need some true teams). As far as Belair, they'll need to build her back up again and have a reason for Shayna to wrestle her again. She's a natural heel, but if they want her to be a face that at least the fans can get behind, then I'd have her run in on Shayna at every opportunity. Interviews, matches, back stage. Quick hit and runs to where Shayna actually wants to fight her again. Her winning another tourney to determine another number 1 contender isn't going to get the job done. they actually shouldn't do that at all since they just did it last month.
The problem in this build is that there wasn't really much of one. I do agree with the notion that Bianca should fuck with her a lot starting with the next NXT tapings if they're going the rematch route.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My guess is Shayna makes a guest spot in the Rumble, but doesn't go to the main roster until after Mania. With Ronda rumored to be gone, having Shayna fill that void would be a good move.
Didn't they confirm that ronda's contract is through 2021? I know she wants to start a family soon, so that might mean limited dates but she's not going anywhere for 2 years.

The problem in this build is that there wasn't really much of one. I do agree with the notion that Bianca should fuck with her a lot starting with the next NXT tapings if they're going the rematch route.
I agree. Its nt that Belair isn't capable, she just hasn't done much. She's had a small skirmish with Dakota Kai and a mini feud with Nikki cross, was a heel in each and really hasn't done much. This is why they need to push some other non title feuds and give them prominence as well. I mean, Dream wouldn't have the chance to get over at all if he was only on Takeovers for title matches. Same for the women.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris

I would love her to surprise win it. Of course, it's crazy but hey, for the rumble you always have 2 ways to go. The obvious planned thing, or the surprise, and sometimes you can do that when the obvious doesn't need the rumble. If Ronda/Charlotte/Becky can happen in itself, without the rumble, then you can set SDl women's contender with it, and face Asuka vs Shayna is a nice little secondary women's title match at Mania i think.
Also she would then drop the nxt title and that's afresh new start for the belt then.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I don't think they'll be involved at all. I think Kairi and Io are just tagging together because creative had nothing for them, and its likely their constant spats with the MMA 4HW will evolve into either Kairi or Io getting a title shot (Io has been incredibly protected in her matches she's had with the MMA 4HW, regardless if its a house show or televised).

I'm ruling Bianca out of getting another title shot simply because the match really wasn't that great, and I think Kairi decisively winning those year end awards (along with Io) likely will change plans for WWE.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would love her to surprise win it. Of course, it's crazy but hey, for the rumble you always have 2 ways to go. The obvious planned thing, or the surprise, and sometimes you can do that when the obvious doesn't need the rumble. If Ronda/Charlotte/Becky can happen in itself, without the rumble, then you can set SDl women's contender with it, and face Asuka vs Shayna is a nice little secondary women's title match at Mania i think.
Also she would then drop the nxt title and that's afresh new start for the belt then.
Honestly I wouldn't mind the whole come on to the main roster as NXT champion like when KO and Sasha debut as champs eventually losing while on the main roster.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think they'll be involved at all. I think Kairi and Io are just tagging together because creative had nothing for them, and its likely their constant spats with the MMA 4HW will evolve into either Kairi or Io getting a title shot.

I'm ruling Bianca out of getting another title shot simply because the match really wasn't that great, and I think Kairi decisively winning those year end awards (along with Io) likely will change plans for WWE.
I don't think NXT creative gives a shit about those awards. Didn't the iconics win an award one year? they didn't win shit in NXT.