• The Undisputed Era - War Raiders

• Matt Riddle - Kassius Ohno

• Ricochet - Johnny Gargano

• Shayna Baszler - Bianca Belair

• Tommaso Ciampa- Aleister Black

Results are only viewable after voting.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I don't think NXT creative gives a shit about those awards. Didn't the iconics win an award one year? they didn't win shit in NXT.
Yeah, but the IIconics were already losers before that point as well. Like I said, I think either Io or Kairi is getting the next title shot. Bianca obviously isn't ready for another shot, and them running Shayna/Bianca again would be a hilariously bad idea.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I would love her to surprise win it. Of course, it's crazy but hey, for the rumble you always have 2 ways to go. The obvious planned thing, or the surprise, and sometimes you can do that when the obvious doesn't need the rumble. If Ronda/Charlotte/Becky can happen in itself, without the rumble, then you can set SDl women's contender with it, and face Asuka vs Shayna is a nice little secondary women's title match at Mania i think.
Also she would then drop the nxt title and that's afresh new start for the belt then.

I think it's possible. I'm still going with Charlotte with my dark horse pick being Lacey Evans.

Drew is my pick to win the men's Rumble....solely because I simmed a Rumble in 2k19 yesterday and he won all the way from 15.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the event. It was solid, okay. I wasn't too excited about it going in, but thats happened with takeovers before and they usually impress. this one, everything seemed...like nothing much would change. Black has felt like a prop in this Ciampa/Gargano feud so I expect to see him in the Rumble tomorrow and on one of the main shows going forward. Ricochet/Gargano was great. I liked Riddle/Ohno for what it was, it made Riddle a threat and told a good story, I thought it was one of Ohno's best matches from a story perspective in a long time. War Raiders/UE was entertaining, but it could have gone either way. Baszler/Belair was solid given the experience of everyone involved. I think Shayna is a fantastic heel but she needs a true foil to work against, someone who can counter her in every way. I'm curious of what the payoff for Gargano/Ciampa is going to be. Its one of the longest stories I've seen in a long time and I hope they have a good payoff in mind. B-

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Johnny Gargano might be the greatest NXT performer in its entire history so far. Certainly the most consistent.

He is so resoundingly gifted in delivering on TakeOver matches.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Kairi is kind of the only choice for Shayna on a Mania Takeover at this point.

She's the only one that can guarantee a great match that people will get into.

Io would be second but I don't think it'd be a good idea to put the title on her yet.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kairi is kind of the only choice for Shayna on a Mania Takeover at this point.

She's the only one that can guarantee a great match that people will get into.

Io would be second but I don't think it'd be a good idea to put the title on her yet.

If it's Kairi, it almost has to be some sort of "loser leaves town" match. There's just been too much of those two. You have to guarantee finality. It needs to feel like it's all come to this. Can't just be another defense for Shayna. Has to be bigger than that.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
If it's Kairi, it almost has to be some sort of "loser leaves town" match. There's just been too much of those two. You have to guarantee finality. It needs to feel like it's all come to this. Can't just be another defense for Shayna. Has to be bigger than that.
Could see it either being that or maybe even a cage match. Guess they wouldn't be able to do Hell in a Cell with them two.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
What puts Johnny over the edge is that the only other person who had a streak of great matches, Sasha, had a streak of great singles matches.

He's had a streak of great tag AND singles matches. I can't remember the last good not great Takeover match he's had.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Gargano and Ciampa WILL LEAD AS TWO KIIIIIIIIINGS, THEY'LL FUCKIN LEAD AS TWO KIIIIINGS

Right down to the ending.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

For those of you thinking the Un-de-feat-ed chants would go away. Also Bianca/Shayna II is definitely still a possibility. Also I guess this Sam Roberts rant is gonna be a thing I guess.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I know I'm in the minority but I thought that was a tremendous show....Gargano/Ricochet was amazing, the tag title match was a great opener, liked the main event, hell was into Ohno/Riddle match and wish it would've had more time.

Super curious as to where Evil DIY leads to....

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
BTW Johnny's Dark Phoenix gear tonight was fucking awesome...also he's played the best "tone deaf heel who thinks he's a babyface" in years....so good.

Last edited:

jpv_13

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't think about it while it was happening but wonder if they would do a special NXT Title match at elimination chamber with those 6 competitors.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hadnt seen the Sam Roberts clip, amazing seeing so many people on twitter get worked. Hes like, the most overly positive dude ever, borderline annoyingly so, how are people thinking those are his real thoughts lmao.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Kairi on the Pre-Show - *****
War Raiders vs Undisputed Era (c) **** 3/4
Riddle vs Ohno ****
Gargano vs Ricochet (c) *****
Bianca vs Shayna (c) *** 3/4
Black vs Ciampa (c) **** 3/4

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
Ciampa/Gargano has to be one the best written stories in wrestling. So many twist and turns, LOVED the ending of Takeover.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Ciampa/Gargano has to be one the best written stories in wrestling. So many twist and turns, LOVED the ending of Takeover.

If the plan is for Era to go for all the gold then who turns face? Era could but they're more fun as heels. Maybe Gargano went to the dark side because he knew it was the only way to bring Ciampa back to the light side so he really is the superhero he claims to be...

OP
OP

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
I legitimately didn't want this at one point, but seeing that closing scene to Takeover last night and the pictures of Gargano and Ciampa together at one point now makes me want it.

If Gargano and Ciampa hold the singles belts and the tag belts as DIY, I really want Candice to go heel (subtly influenced by not only Ciampa but her husband) and win the NXT Women's Championship. Mega Powers 2.0 in NXT. Ciampa in the middle as the puppetmaster, Gargano and LeRae either side.

It would work even better if this was part of a long-con by get Gargano and LeRae to have Ciampa let his guard down long enough for them to get back at him. I have more thoughts, but they're convoluted and stupid and sorta inspired by the end of Metal Gear Solid 4 so I'm just gonna stop there.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike War Raiders, especially Hanson. They look like total goobers half of the time with their shitty gear and mannerisms.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I'm not alone in immediately thinking "Elimination Chamber" when that post show brawl happened.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You can make a good argument for these two. Sami was the original Gargano with how long he was in NXT and how many great matches he had. Sasha in her prime was the biggest heel on Earth.

The issue comes in longevity. Sami and Sasha were great every time, but they didn't have it on this level for this long. No fault of their own obviously, but that's what puts Gargano over the top I think.