• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Match of the Night

• WarGames

• Drew McIntyre-Andrade Cien Almas

• Women's Fatal 4 Way

• Aleister Black-Velveteen Dream

• Kassius Ohno-Lars Sullivan

Results are only viewable after voting.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
God, tonight was so goddamn good.

What the hell, Takeover.

How does NXT deliver on such a different level than the main roster. ARGHHH.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
Drake Younger looking at Wolfe's head and trying to figure out how he can get his skin that dark instead of getting medical attention.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
NXT gimmick matches are always lovely cause it reminds me of stuff like the original TLC matches and the best hardcore title matches, beautiful carwrecks that flow seamlessly from spot to spot.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I said going in this had a chance to be the best Takeover of the year.

I think it might have been. Brooklyn 3 is its only competition.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm shocked at how well they managed to pull off war-games despite the rule changes and team vanilla midget being involved. It managed to make every hell in the cell over the last 10 decades look like child's play in comparison.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Watching that slobberknocker like...
fVYpo5F.gif

I'm not sure if it's a rewatchable match but holy hell what an event it was to watch.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I said going in this had a chance to be the best Takeover of the year.

I think it might have been. Brooklyn 3 is its only competition.

Think this was better.

Brooklyn was hurt when Asuka got hurt, the womens match should have been better than it was (and it was the highlight of the card iirc).

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Match was aight. Felt noticeably different from older WarGames matches. It was less a war and more of a typical WWE spotfest, for better or for worse.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WarGames will be a WWE event next year with The Shield going over Sanity, The Authors of Pain, Undisputed Era, The Wyatt Family, The New Day, and Kane who will be in the match by himself.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the main reason NXT shows are better is due to the talent being hungry, and not having to fill 7+ hours a week. Don't have to look much further than that.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Always end every Takeover wishing it was longer... And then we get to the WWE show the night after and I'm pretty much finished with it by the preshow.

That was maybe my favorite Takeover of the year

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I mulled it over all day but HHH earned my money tonight.
As much as I would've liked to watch live, I'd rather hold off until after to see if it was actually worth anything. Main event sounds great. A lot of my hesitance for War Games came from that ladder match in Chicago not being great, outside of one spot that came off waaaaay better in the arena than it did on TV

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Triple H mentioned earlier this week he wanted War Games to be a yearly NXT thing if this one went well.

I guess we'll get one next year then.