chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

The whistle-blower who revealed that President Trump sought foreign help for his re-election and that the White House sought to cover it up is a C.I.A. officer who was detailed to work at the White House at one point, according to three people familiar with his identity.

The man has since returned to the C.I.A., the people said. Little else is known about him. His complaint made public Thursday suggested he was an analyst by training and made clear he was steeped in details of American foreign policy toward Europe, demonstrating a sophisticated understanding of Ukrainian politics and at least some knowledge of the law.

The whistle-blower's expertise will likely add to lawmakers' confidence about the merits of his complaint, and tamp down allegations that he might have misunderstood what he learned about Mr. Trump. He did not listen directly to a July call between Mr. Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine that is at the center of the political firestorm over the president's mixing of diplomacy with personal political gain.

Nobility

Oct 25, 2017
Trump will do everything in his power to expose that identity faster than Scooter Libby did to Valerie Plame.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, won't be long before he's identified. :/
yep, and painted as a spy and traitor by the GOP, Fox News, and the President

Unfortunately for them the person is an Intel Analyst and does this for a living, which lends credibility to the whistleblower complaint.

It also explains how well written and laid out the compliant was.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"and tamp down allegations that he might have misunderstood what he learned about Mr. Trump"

But the 'transcript' confirms everything he heard

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who knows but good person whoever it is.

I hope the IC has tabs on that other server, I mean they would wouldn't they before someone wipes it.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why in the world would the FAILING NEW YORK TIMES!!1 post this

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I would say the NYT are idiots, but I would think others know who this guy is....if they know.

They don't need to broadcast it though...but of course, they are.

syllogism

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way the White House doesn't already know who it is given the information they have available

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Does it matter if his identity gets outed? Doesn't he want to testify publically as soon as his lawyers get security clearance ?

Edit - maybe he leaking his identity himself?

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Thank you whistleblower, whoever you are. This is an incredibly patriotic and brave move. Hopefully he is treated as a hero, and not as a villain as the GOP so badly wants

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know if the WH didn't stop detailing who comes to the WH under Trump maybe they would know, lol.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
WTF New York Times?!? The president just finished threatening the whistleblower with execution and you publish this? Why? You irresponsible buffoons

real2

Jan 31, 2019
Once his identity is made known, this person is going to receive death threats much like all of the other accusers that came forward.

Fuck this country.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They are going to testify before Congress. We will know all about them at that time.

This is the rare instance that I don't drag the media for providing details about a whistleblower/covert person.
They are going to testify before Congress in secret, not public.

Granted, some pub toadie would run to papa Trump immediately afterward with the identity anyway.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind this leak probably comes from the Trump camp to out him publicly without getting in trouble for it

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
They are going to testify before Congress in secret, not public.

Granted, some pub toadie would run to papa Trump immediately afterward with the identity anyway.

Actually keeping a secret in a Congressional hearing that has any partisan implications is definitely impossible.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hate when outlets report on shit like this. Risking this brave person's livelihood or even their actual life. All for clicks and views.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
For all the people asking why it's an issue to reveal their identity now.

Just remember, once a person is revealed, many will do whatever they can to prevent them from testifying, which includes intimidation tactics, threats, as well as other means to stop it at all costs.

Even if they gets revealed at the hearing, the person needs to get there first, and not be impeded, or threatened not to do so.