• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
of course, this will be more fodder for Republicans and Trump to push their 'deep-state' narrative

Outside of a cleaning lady there's literally no role that wouldn't propel that narrative. Assistant to the DNI? Deep State. FBI security check dude? Deep State. Bill Barr's nephew, Sparky? Deep State.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
He knew the risks.

He's a CIA officer.

I'm sure he's ready for a GoP smear job of epic proportions.

You bet your ass Trump would leak it the second he or one of his cronies found out. May as well let the NYT release it.

Yeah, Maybe the NYT should not have released the name. But this guy more than anyone I'm guessing has taken steps to ensure his exit strategy. The guy is a freaking Rock Star. He put the country first.

The IC will rally around him I hope

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Susan Hennessey @Susan_Hennessey

I suspect this person understood the risk he was taking in being outed when he filed this complaint, which is part of what makes it brave. But as press inches toward publishing his identity, keep in mind that revealing his name likely ends important future career opportunities. https://twitter.com/brhodes/status/1177301453230227459 …

It's possible this person already serves in a capacity where future clandestine service is not possible. But for many people being publicly identified as an officer is a one way door.

3:24 PM - Sep 26, 2019

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is the NYT trying to get this guy killed?
You think they care? They would get a good story here and then another good story when Trump and his goons come after them.
ZlgW7nb.gif

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
NYT can't find six swing voters but when it comes to a whistleblower fucking Trump they're Sherlock god damned Holmes.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't anyone (with expertise) have read the complaint and came to the same conclusion as NYT?

I think so. And why did we even get the Trump/Zelensky transcripts, or the public release of the whistle-blower complaint? Because the WH is putting this stuff out. Wasn't it supposed to go to committee? Would we have ever gotten to see the whistle-blower complaint in a normal situation?

It seems like the WH attacking this person and doing a document dump is precipitating this identification of the whistle-blower.

Does the WH even normally get access to the whistle-blower complaint?

From a close reading, it is obvious that the person in question is probably on a Europe docket as opposed to a Mid-East/Asia/SA docket, because of the clear level of understanding on the issues presented. Being WH makes sense too, because of coming into contact with so many people who were in on the call (WH staff).

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the NYT. I have nothing to cancel as this whole Trump shit train has shown way too many fuck ups by them. I'm kinda surprised that this round of the #CancelNYT tag is not overflowing with moderates saying to hold on to them like usual. Guess they went one too far.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the NYT had extremely long wait times to cancel today. Must have had their lines flooded. Well deserved for their bullshit.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Would the whistleblower have legal recourse for this if he is eventually outed?

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be honest, I never "cancelled" the New York Times (I just went to the website, didn't pay for anything ever) even with the white supremacist stuff. Usually found their political articles worthwhile.

But this shit and the shit with the swing voter stuff... Yes I am now done with them entirely.

Fuck you NYT.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So THIS was the breaking point for a lot of subscribers huh? Better late than never I guess