• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Posted this in the official Quest 2 [OT] but thought a dedicated thread might better serve the announcement of Oculus' first ever gaming showcase.

Looking forward to a Lone Echo II release date!

https://www.oculus.com/blog/save-the-date-first-ever-oculus-gaming-showcase-to-be-held-april-21/

Mark your calendars—the first ever Oculus Gaming Showcase will stream on Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube in the US and Japan at 3:00 pm PT on April 21.

This is our first event wholly dedicated to the stellar games across the Oculus Platform. You can expect new updates to fan-favorite titles, never-before-seen footage from some unreleased games, and a few surprises in store.

Cloudhead Games, Ready At Dawn, and ILMxLAB are just a few of the developers participating, with news to share on Pistol Whip, Lone Echo II, and Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge. Who else do you hope will make an appearance? Let us know in the comments.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Still such a shame that RaD are owned by Facebook. Will be interesting to see what they've been working on nevertheless.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Is there a less-than-zero chance for a hardware announcement? If not, a possible discount?

Either way, it seems like I'll take the Oculus Quest 2 out of my cart and wait a week and a half.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Have we seen any games yet showing the true inherent power/graphical fidelity of the Quest 2? Wondering if Lone Echo II might be the first example.
There have been no Quest 2 exclusives yet, but the biggest games really should ditch Quest 1 going forward as it'll stifle the games too much.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a less-than-zero chance for a hardware announcement? If not, a possible discount?

Either way, it seems like I'll take the Oculus Quest 2 out of my cart and wait a week and a half.

I'm not sure there will be any hardware announcements, I think this is just purely focused on the games.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Think of it as a Nintendo Direct where Oculus will be showcasing upcoming VR games and updates to new VR games, along with some surprises

Save the Date: First Ever Oculus Gaming Showcase to Be Held April 21

Mark your calendars—the first ever Oculus Gaming Showcase will stream on Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube in the US and Japan at 3:00 pm PT on April 21.

This is our first event wholly dedicated to the stellar games across the Oculus Platform. You can expect new updates to fan-favorite titles, never-before-seen footage from some unreleased games, and a few surprises in store.

Cloudhead Games, Ready At Dawn, and ILMxLAB are just a few of the developers participating, with news to share on Pistol Whip, Lone Echo II, and Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Already posted a thread on this earlier:

Oculus First Ever Gaming Showcase - April 21, 3pm PT

Posted this in the official Quest 2 [OT] but thought a dedicated thread might better serve the announcement of Oculus' first ever gaming showcase. Looking forward to a Lone Echo II release date! https://www.oculus.com/blog/save-the-date-first-ever-oculus-gaming-showcase-to-be-held-april-21/...

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they didn't downgrade Lone Echo 2 for Quest, but that's the most logical explanation for their prolonged silence on it for so long. Hopefully it's just a port down to it though and it didn't compromise the PC version. Excited to see some new announcements though.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully it's just a port down to it though and it didn't compromise the PC version.

Yeah, I'm really hoping for this too. I briefly dipped into the first game again when I got my Quest 2 and was still blown away by how detailed and incredible it all looked.

I still think Lone Echo II would be a fantastic experience even if it was now native Quest 2, but something would definitely be lost if they had to sacrifice fidelity.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm really hoping for this too. I briefly dipped into the first game again when I got my Quest 2 and was still blown away by how detailed and incredible it all looked.

I still think Lone Echo II would be a fantastic experience even if it was now native Quest 2, but something would definitely be lost if they had to sacrifice fidelity.
Yeah. I feel like I remember hearing the game was really close to done a long time ago (like a year or more ago but I can't find a source on it) way back before they dropped Rift S, and it wouldn't make sense to nerf that one if it was already good to go so I'm optimistic about it at least.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I like what they have done, but I have to say "Ready at Dawn" is a terrible name for a game developer. I would never work at a place named that.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
They better not have more of this quest exclusivity garbage where they betray rift owners. Never seen a company keep games away from its own user base.

Scraggs

Oct 25, 2017
They better not have more of this quest exclusivity garbage where they betray rift owners. Never seen a company keep games away from its own user base.

I'm not defending it, but you absolutely should expect this. Tales From Galaxy's Edge is probably a sign of things to come. Rift S has been discontinued - at this point I think Lone Echo II will be the last PCVR title that Oculus publish. I really hope they haven't moved it to Quest, but a native version with cross-buy would be good.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
And depending on what they announce next month, HTC might be joining the crowd too with a potential Quest competitor.

The way it's phrased and the way Upload and Road to VR are acting, it's almost 100% aimed at the enterprise market. Which makes sense. Their only real market is extremely niche products that can be sold at a high markup. Otherwise the competition just destroys them.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
As has been expressed already in here numerous times, hopefully the PCVR version of Lone Echo II is the defacto version as for visuals, if it still exists that is.

Also...bring on the RE4 VR reveal!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Are we going to just see a bunch of Quest exclusives again? My Rift feels sad

I'm not defending it, but you absolutely should expect this. Tales From Galaxy's Edge is probably a sign of things to come. Rift S has been discontinued - at this point I think Lone Echo II will be the last PCVR title that Oculus publish. I really hope they haven't moved it to Quest, but a native version with cross-buy would be good.

It's bullshit no matter what to be Quest exclusive and they fucked over Rift buyers by pretty much dropping it after a year.

Scraggs

Oct 25, 2017
Are we going to just see a bunch of Quest exclusives again? My Rift feels sad

It's bullshit no matter what to be Quest exclusive and they fucked over Rift buyers by pretty much dropping it after a year.

As I said: not defending it. I love my Quest but it was pretty bad form to launch Rift S and Quest and basically see which one succeeded. Would have been good to offer Rift S buyers a hardware discount on a Quest 2 or something.

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
I am in desperate need of more comfortable multiplayer games to play with my regular group. Here's hoping.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Any chance Cloudhead wll be showing The Gallery: Episode 3 or have they abandoned that to focus on Pistol Whip content? I haven't kept up.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched my PS5 since I got my Quest 2. Can't wait to see what's shown.