• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
An even better place than World for first-timers to hop into the series

Give it a shot, even if you bounced off past entries

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Lmao I wonder if this was meant to be a scheduled tweet and was sent out early, totally expecting this to have been a VGAs announcement

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox is still a top tier leaker. Surely this wasn't meant to be revealed now

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Why would a tertiary and quaternary platform announcement be at The Game Awards?

Oct 27, 2017
Im just not buying games any more that aren't first party. Burned so many times when they show up on GP after my purchase. Will restart this on Xbox

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Great get for GamePass but they totally sent this announcement out early lol

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this was supposed to be saved for TGA and an account posted it too early lol

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Screenshot it, because I have a feeling the tweet is going to get deleted soon
Someone should screenshot it because I bet they'll delete it.
Here you go

tG31mFY.jpg

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for cross play and cross saves....really wish this will be on PS Premium as well, but I heard games comings to game pass don't/can't release on PS Premium on the same day or something? Hopefully that's bs

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Excited to give it a try. how different is it from world?

Not sure how the true MH hardcores feel about it, but to me it's soooooo good. Just feels so good to play and they did an excellent job making it more accessible than ever before while still retaining all of the Monster Hunter depth and weirdness we love.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
An even better place than World for first-timers to hop into the series

Give it a shot, even if you bounced off past entries

You think so? It seemed much more difficult to get into than World, and I've played these since Tri. All the combat abilities and mobility stuff took a while to wrap my head around.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
You think so? It seemed much more difficult to get into than World, and I've played these since Tri. All the combat abilities and mobility stuff took a while to wrap my head around.
The game offers so many ways to not get hit, you have so much mobility most of the monsters can't hit you

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Got World on Xbox and PS4 but didn't like it much.. lol.

So I'll try this one, hopefully I can finally like this series.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
Bets on Price?

Have it on switch but would gladly rebuy on my PS5 for 4k/60

maybe a discounted bundle with Sunbreak and Rise for like £60?

Similar to Iceborne Master Edition?

Edit: Then again I already own Rise on PC so maybe I should just try find Sunbreak for cheaper somewhere and play at like whatever framerate my pc runs the game at, just don't like having to boot up my pc and use a smaller but it might be worth just getting it cheaper

Last edited:

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
You think so? It seemed much more difficult to get into than World, and I've played these since Tri.
Mileage will definitely vary I suppose! In my experience the palaumtes, compressed hunt lengths, and the wire bug all made the gameplay feel snappier and easier to digest.

It just speeds everything up, gets you invested in the hunt > craft > hunt loop a lot faster. Managed to get its hooks into all my buddies pretty quickly.

Alovon11

Jan 8, 2021
Holy shit. This is crazy. I thought the rumor was fake.
Personally hoping part of the rumor is fake, particularly the idea that they are going to wait until Spring to release Sunbreak for PS/XB/XB-PC
Because that idea is SO FUCKING DUMB (especially on PC which more or less makes the XB-PC version useless unless you are only playing it b/c gamepass)

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
It's a way easier game and all the hunting gameplay has been cut, making it a more sort of generic game where you just go from boss fight to boss fight, so that'll make the game feel more familiar and easy to get into for many. There also isn't that strange issue from World where the quest host has to watch the cutscene before others can join story quests.

Rise is a game where they seem to have decided to cut or streamline everything that could potentially annoy someone. You run faster than fleeing monsters, you recover from taking a hit instantly, you heal instantly, you can sharpen 100% safely, you never have to find the monster at the start of a quest, the silkbinds and weapon arts circumvent the weapons' mechanics that were designed to limit the weapon from spamming, etc. etc.

IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018
Gonna be exciting to see the home console groups get into Rise. The biggest thing I like about the game is the improved monster variety compared to World. Leviathans are back, there are more Fanged Beasts(true mammals like Rajang), and there's a new spider monster.
Rise also has most of the flagship monsters that didn't make it to World, so that's nice.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Any details on pricing and whether it comes with the Sunbreak expansion or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.