Status
Not open for further replies.

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
It's about as good as World, just a different approach to the game. Rise is a more fast paced and streamlined experience you'd expect for handheld and the fights themselves are arguably better. World is slower paced with actual cutscenes, tracking/research aspects, and a more immersive feel as opposed to a more arcadey feel. I prefer World but both are well worth playing.
Yeah, I'd recommend Rise to a newcomer, then World and MH4U or MHP3rd. They're all great games, but with different aspects to each one that sets them apart.

OrangePulp

Jul 21, 2020
Yeah with how low spec this game is, I can't imagine it being less than 60 fps on basically any platform but switch (and deck).

I don't think it equals the heights of World, personally, but it's still a blast to play. Probably easier to get into, too, with Wirefall being the most overpowered defensive move ever. Sunbreak's endgame is pretty nice with the most recent update, and there's still two more to go.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
If there is no way to carry over my progress from the Switch then it is a no go for me.
Then it's already a no go for you! Capcom already admitted they are unable to do this when we asked for this very same thing when the PC version came out because the game wasn't built with this in mind so you will have to wait for the next game when they implement the Capcom ID system.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah with how low spec this game is, I can't imagine it being less than 60 fps on basically any platform but switch (and deck).

I don't think it equals the heights of World, personally, but it's still a blast to play. Probably easier to get into, too, with Wirefall being the most overpowered defensive move ever. Sunbreak's endgame is pretty nice with the most recent update, and there's still two more to go.

It runs at 60fps on Deck just fine, btw. But yeah, there's no reason it won't on the other current generation systems.

Would this be a good entry point for someone new to the MH Series?

Absolutely.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Would this be a good entry point for someone new to the MH Series?
Yeah it's a good entry point just know that attempting to play literary any other entry in this franchise will yield a different experience because of the systematical changes in this entry.
would be great if they added crossplay + cross saves
Capcom already confirm this is not happening because the game wasn't built with this in mind so you will have to wait for the next game when they implement the Capcom ID system.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yeah it's a good entry point just know that attempting to play literary any other entry in this franchise will yield a different experience because of the systematical changes in this entry.

Capcom already confirm this is not happening because the game wasn't built with this in mind so you will have to wait for the next game when they implement the Capcom ID system.

it might actually have Crossplay just the bullshit kind.
The whole "Playstation Family and Xbox Family systems can play in their exosystem"

Ajax125

Nov 15, 2017

I know, and i'm still bitter about it. I put in more than 60 hours on the switch version only to try the PC version which looks and plays almost like a different game. For that reason, I had to boycott the PC version....

...that was until Rise on PC went on sale for $14 last week /theycantkeepgettingawaywithit

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Yeah we'll get crossplay/cross save in the sense that Xbox users can play with PC* users.

*PC users from the Windows Store.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017

Since it's coming to PC Game Pass as well, it's possible your Xbox save file will automatically transfer to your Microsoft Store PC install and then you can copy the save files to Steam and vice versa. I've done this with a few games.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's coming to PC Game Pass as well, it's possible your Xbox save file will automatically transfer to your Microsoft Store PC install and then you can copy the save files to Steam and vice versa. I've done this with a few games.
People want cross save so they can get out of the Switch ecosystem not because they want to start a new file on Xbox just to transfer over to a Steam version that you would probably own and played for some time already so the user case for your scenario seems pretty low.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Cheaters really spoiled my experience during my PC playthrough, I hope there is no cross-play because of it.

I know it's a chill PvE game and someone else's gear score doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but having some cheater with 9999 attack one-shot the monsters is no fun at all and spoils the hunts (the whole point of the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.