• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess you can say she's about to..

Drop out.

Good riddance. "God's kingdom" can fuck right off.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This article originally appeared on AlterNet.

What is that?
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/alternet/

left2.png
LEFT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

Factual Reporting: MIXED
Bad source.

edit: It also cites a Politico story: https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...devos-secretary-education-profile-2017-215768

Much better source but it doesn't talk about a resignation.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Good, but don't expect better as a replacement from this administration.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Who will replace her?

I means, he still hasn't replaced the Secretaries of Homeland Security and Health, and Education is further down on the laddervthan both of those. I half expect if she resigns we'll just never get around to having a Secretary or Education for the next three years, and some staffer will just run the department on an interim basis. So, basically, what we have no.

That said, this article reads like a lot of gossip and hearsay. No sources directly in DeVos' circle.

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
Her and Scott Pruitt need to get the boot immediately. Wouldn't mind Zinke who's getting buried with scandal to get shitcanned too. It's all hopefully thinking but there's been so much turnover in the cabinet that it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This sounds like general criticism rather than an imminent departure. I wouldn't expect anything to change.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
They could replace her with a pet rock and it would be less harmful.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
sadly this headline seems pretty clickbaity. the politico article they source from doesn't really make that claim

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I am going to guess lower level administration at that department were bombarding her with work.

"Ms. Devos. We usually submit this in APA and we need citations for these documents."

"Whats APA?"

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem like the best source, but it would certainly be nice. She has about as much business being there as Rick Perry has being the Energy Secretary (he didn't even know what the Dept of Energy even DOES until he got the position).

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect her to resign--especially with that source--but God, I'll be so happy if she does.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
How credible is this news? It feels almost like it falls under the "too good to be true" department. The fact that this news makes me so happy makes me immediately suspicious it's probably fake.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for her to be replaced by an even bigger piece of shit.

That is pretty much impossible to be honest. She is really as bad as they come, especially in regards to education. I can see someone equally as bad with the same goals though

EDIT: I see a lot of people saying this. Man, ya'll need to really do some research on this woman. She is far worse than I think many of you realize

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Another day, another piece of tinder added to the dumpster fire. It's truly is strange to witness history unfolding before one's eyes. This administration could easily go down as the worst in history.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Why even bother having senate confirmation hearings if you're going to just allow any ill-equipped stooge have the job?
Just do away with the whole charade. You're not fooling anybody.

That said, DeVos bailing can only lead to good things.
Replace her with a drinking bird. It will be equally as effective and morale will undoubtedly improve.

giphy.gif

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is why confirmation hearings should be taken seriously, and not as rubber-stamps by the majority party to ram through the President's pick. It was totally apparent DeVos was utterly unfit for the position.

Tormundir

Oct 30, 2017
Norway
She was the worst of the freak show appointees, and thats some tough competition. EPA next plz. Save the kids and save the planet

Oct 28, 2017
England
If this does happen it will mean that the departments of Education, Homeland Security and Health & Human Services will all be leaderless. We're not even one full year into Trumps term, and his cabinet is collapsing. Just imagine if Sessions, Ross and Zinke all get swept away by Mueller too...!

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Not holding my breath on this until more traction from reputable sources. But god she deserves worse than just walking away.

Status
Not open for further replies.