• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
It was a great deal back when we had to pay $10 for gamepass and $10 for Live. Getting gamepass for pc on top of that for $15 is still a fantastic deal.
I'm not saying it's a bad deal, I'm saying comparatively speaking, it won't seem like such a great one. Especially if you eventually reach a point where you've played most of the mainstay stuff on it you're interested in and are waiting on new games to arrive to play

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
I'm not saying it's a bad deal, I'm saying comparatively speaking, it won't seem like such a great one. Especially if you eventually reach a point where you've played most of the mainstay stuff on it you're interested in and are waiting on new games to arrive to play

Considering a single game usually last me 4-6 months, it's not a problem. But I can't speak for the rest of you.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel you op.

I made the grave mistake of buying Assassins Creed Odyssey. The game is a lot of fun, but Gamepass sleeps for no one.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I'm excited to jump into the pc game pass with their recent giveaways lol. Waiting till next month to redeem the few codes I got. If they release all these console games on there its gonna be sweet.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna get gears 5. I thought to myself no way they would put gears 5 on pc game pass day 1 right? I load up the Xbox app to buy it and see that it was included with game pass.

5 dollars a month and I was playing gears 5.

Fucking what?

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
It seems like a great deal now, but once the trial price expires and they want you to pay $15 a month for Ultimate, it won't seem that way anymore. Enjoy it while you can.
InfantileDisloyalBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

BenjiBurltz

Mar 15, 2018
I think once the trial price runs out it will still be a good deal to just get 1 month at a time and complete any big new games in that month. It's a great service for sure.

Apr 24, 2018
If I didn't have a mountain of PS4 (and some Switch) games to play through, I'd give long and hard thought of just getting the Next Box with Gamepass and little else. This is coming from someone who has never owned a Microsoft console.

Microsoft is providing an incredible value with this service. Hopefully MS can keep the same breadth, quality, and a relatively nominal pricing structure for GamePass for years to come - it really seems to be a fantastic service.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I'm kinda overwhelmed to be honest. And even then I bought Borderlands 3. More and more I'm playing many games at the same time. But it's ok. I'm never bored! Can't wait for Outer Worlds also.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
It's the evolution of F2P gaming.

Cheap service where some games are hooks w/ little to no micro transactions and others are MTX heavy for profit.

And publishers still get to sell elsewhere for direct profit.

I personally welcome it, especially if most MTX are just skins and the like.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
I hardly play my ps4 anymore. I got ultimate to play on pc, and ended up buying an xbox as well to play the games that aren't available on pc.

But I stopped buying games. Spent like 20 buck's ever since ultimate came out on pc. Shits ridiculous.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
It seems like a great deal now, but once the trial price expires and they want you to pay $15 a month for Ultimate, it won't seem that way anymore. Enjoy it while you can.

You must not have been on this forum when at the regular $10 per month sub, it was being hailed as one of the best deals in gaming.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
It's quite comfortably the best thing to come out of this generation that isn't an actual game.

Probably just beating out the adaptive controller.

Well, crossplay and crossprogression between consoles is pretty great as well.

Still a good deal, but don't worry, CDKeys has got you covered with $22 for three months of Ultimate. The price fluctuates, but it's been roughly around those levels for a while now.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. The value in Game Pass' offer is amazing. I find myself short of space and never playing more than one or two games at a time our of the 40+ games in my drive from Game Pass, lol.

Truth be told, Xbox One's UI needs some heavy work as it's very unintuitive and gets hung often (in my case at least), but my One X is probably the best gaming related purchase I've made in a long, long time and it's mostly because of Game Pass. I'm heavily considering going with Xbox next gen if Sony doesn't step their service offering up.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

I'm already at that point. My $1 deal ended in August because I fucked up, but that just means I'm back to paying what I was paying before the $1 deal was offered ($10 for GP and $5 for Gold), but now they are giving me a bunch of PC games too...so it was a great deal before the $1 offer and it's an even better deal now. And you're never really waiting more than a couple weeks for games to be added...so there is really no point in time where I have turned on my XBOX or laptop and had nothing to play.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017

If you as a gamer can't afford a $15 a month then gaming should not be something you should be dabbling in.

EDIT: I see you clarified a bit

But this is another reason for some of the studios MS has purchased their will always be new content to try out. It coming with the service means people will be more likely to try games they would have ignored in the past if they had to buy them.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn you Microsoft for not having Gamepass 5 years ago when I had all the time in the world to play games. Super happy about the bloodstained announcement

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
My suscription runs out on 2022 lol. I am probably never buying another game at launch, unless is something obviously not coming to Gamepass in the near future like Cyberpunk.
Same, my sub is maxed and I have another 12 month card that was given to me that I can't even redeem yet. I only pick up games now when they're on a deep sale.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Agreed. The value in Game Pass' offer is amazing. I find myself short of space and never playing more than one or two games at a time our of the 40+ games in my drive from Game Pass, lol.

Truth be told, Xbox One's UI needs some heavy work as it's very unintuitive and gets hung often (in my case at least), but my One X is probably the best gaming related purchase I've made in a long, long time and it's mostly because of Game Pass. I'm heavily considering going with Xbox next gen if Sony doesn't step their service offering up.
I've invested too much in Xbox this point. I probably own no less than 200 games. So I'm Xbox all the way

Ryu bogard

Nov 23, 2017
GP is awesome. I used to buy random games of steam, play them for a while and never play them again. With GP I have not done that in a while. GP is actually saving me money.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
OW next month, geezus
Have you ever stopped to add up the price of all the games you play on Gamepass compared to their retail price and then feel your wallet in your back pocket emote and smile? It is a beautiful thing.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
I just went through and my Xbox and PC GP list and uninstalled a few games that I realized that despite at on point being mildly interested in them, I probably won't ever actually start them. Such is life.

And thanks to this thread I am reminded that The Outer Worlds is launching next month on GP. I hope I can get through Bloodstained by then.

Vasto

May 26, 2019
I dont know if Game Pass the best thing to happen in gaming ( still too early to tell ) but its the best thing to happen this generation. I can only imagine next gen when all of Xbox Game Studios are releasing games into Game Pass. Buy a Scarlett and come home to 1000 games ready to play. Its really does seem almost too good to be real.

Thank you Phil.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I've spent the last 2 weeks addicted to Slay the Spire. Feeling pressure to move on, but the game is just so damn good. Love Game Pass!!!

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a great value for the First Party content for sure. Most of the smaller games on the service don't appeal to me though. For example, the games announced today that lots of people are going crazy about...don't excite me in the least, and I was disappointed in the announcements.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
Even on PC only it's giving me serious bouts of paralysis in terms of what I should play next and how I should spend my time. I have Uplay + and Gamespass, and I haven't needed to purchase a pc game lately to keep busy.

Oct 27, 2017
Typical choice overload. Felt the same way. Just pick something, play it, forget about the rest. Unless it sucks, in which case promptly uninstall and play something else.

There, I saved your life. You're welcome OP.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, Gamepass is obviously the future. The resistance and concern trolling surrounding it has been incredibly predictable. When every first party MS game is on the service it will become an absolute no brainer (if it's not already). Virtually everyone who owns an Xbox will tack on the extra few dollars a month for Ultimate, especially those already subscribed to Gold. Another large subset of people who are PC gamers only will do the same. MS is going to be making money hand over fist with this model. Next up is xcloud, expect the same cycle. Microsoft is in an incredibly strong position heading into next gen.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If they can keep up the variety and getting more publishers on board, i'm ready to go all-in with gamepass. The way I play games now has shifted and such a service works pretty weel for me so long as I can download and not forced into streaming. Though I worry about how it'll go later on when every publisher tries to have their own service (Though that is probably a harder thing to do on consoles)

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if serious.

Oh my god youre serious lol

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
Just gotta get used to that feel of a never ending backlog. Try to focus on what you want to play now, don't feel like you can get to everything because you can't.
The way I handle it now is to have notepad file of games I might buy once I finish with the ones here. The service thing sort of puts you out there though lol.