Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like he was 16 at the time but instead of apologizing he pretends the video never existed. This is where the outrage is coming from.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
16 is faaaaar too old to not know the kkk is something you don't want to be associated with.

At 16 it's probably just edge, lord shit. (Not an excuse)
Or maybe it's more.
Either way, an apology is better than hiding.

I thought Dream was good at faking, so it shouldn't be hard to apologize.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
That sound made my dog go nuts.
Even ignoring the terrible use of imagery, that was fucking annoying to watch.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
16 is too old for your age to be an excuse, nevermind however old they are not is surely old enough to leave them with no excuse for not addressing it. If they don't address it I will assume they still endorse it.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
I can hear the rumbling of Dream fans twisting and contorting ways to justify his shitty behaviour.

Just apologise, man.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I keep hearing about Dream is other controversies. This the same person?

Wtf is wrong with people

Last edited:

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
I still don't know what makes Dream so popular......ain't he just a Minecraft content creator?

And lately these past few weeks there always seems to be a new hashtag is trending against him on Twitter for one reason or another.

Racism for the sake of being "edgy" as a teen is so dumb. If he actually did this he should just own up to it and apologize and set a better example. No excuses.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
16? Definitely doing it to be edgy. Doesn't mean they don't need a good smacking and told no.

Just need to know if they have other spots/aspects/etc to back the one edgelord case or not.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely sounds like edgy teenagers being edgy. Not excusing his behavior of course. Though not to this extent, I certainly still fell into similar edgelord groups myself at that age and really all you can do is look back on it, learn from it, and be better. Him not apologizing is a big wtf and certainly an indicator he hasn't though…

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
He's been in hot water this weekend.

I think he got doxxed hours after claiming that doxxing isn't a big deal on stream.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
16 is too old for your age to be an excuse, nevermind however old they are not is surely old enough to leave them with no excuse for not addressing it. If they don't address it I will assume they still endorse it.
Using age as an excuse is fine if we are talking about a teenage kid stealing their parents' car to sneak out and hang with friends, or underage teens with fake IDs trying to get into a club/bar. When it comes to stuff like racism/hatred and such in a similar camp, I will never use that excuse, nor aim to protect them. Don't matter if it's teens ganging up and gay-bashing someone, or a teen guy raping a girl, just because they are young, they don't get an excuse, in my eyes. Age gives you a free pass on being dumb (on certain occasions), it doesn't give you a pass on being a racist, misogynistic, bigoted, violent piece of shit!

I knew the KKK were bad as a child. They were and ARE in the same camp as Nazis to me.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
He's been in hot water this weekend.

I think he got doxxed hours after claiming that doxxing isn't a big deal on stream.
I think the only reason this happening was because of him claiming that it felt good when someone canceled they account after calling them out which is the reason why everyone is pissed at him since he doesn't care about the shit his followers do

breander

Oct 27, 2017
Using age as an excuse is fine if we are talking about a teenage kid stealing their parents' car to sneak out and hang with friends, or underage teens with fake IDs trying to get into a club/bar. When it comes to stuff like racism/hatred and such in a similar camp, I will never use that excuse, nor aim to protect them. Don't matter if it's teens ganging up and gay-bashing someone, or a teen guy raping a girl, just because they are young, they don't get an excuse, in my eyes. Age gives you a free pass on being dumb (on certain occasions), it doesn't give you a pass on being a racist, misogynistic, bigoted, violent piece of shit!

I knew the KKK were bad as a child. They were and ARE in the same camp as Nazis to me.

I think it depends on where you grow up and what your parents were like. When I was a teenager growing up in a white rural area there were a lot of really bad things I didn't know any better about until I grew up and got out of there.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
No idea who this guy is, seems like it's for the best as it looks like he is a racist shithead.

As for others, what do you think they would have to do to "fix" this? Unreserved apology with charitable donation and just fuck offline?

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I think it depends on where you grow up and what your parents were like. When I was a teenager growing up in a white rural area there were a lot of really bad things I didn't know any better about until I grew up and got out of there.
Yeah, this shit is a cycle. At a certain point it's up to the individual to break out of it and know right from wrong but if they're surrounded by people setting that bad example and not experiencing the real consequences for it, 16 is still an age where people are influenced heavily by their surroundings and there can be a lot of growth there. I know absolutely nothing about this Dream person but from the other comments in this thread it sounds like said growth has not happened, which does kind of bring this all back around on them, though.

If this story was "well adjusted responsible adult who has said and done a lot of good things has nasty shit they said as a teenager dug up, apologizes for it immediately", I wouldn't condemn them for it NOW. But it doesn't sound like that's what is happening here.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

Children should most definitely be held to different standards with crime. Children having their entire life taken away from them because of crime is already an enormous issue in the US.

That doesn't mean not being held accountable. It just means how you hold them accountable is different.

Edit: This response is separate from the Dream issue. Children not losing their lives is just a big part of crime reform for me.

Last edited:

Meriadock

Apr 21, 2018
Brazil
I grew up in South Brazil. In a small town (8.000 habitants), where every single soul was white (except for my father, who is black), due to German colonization. I've never seen him as different. But when I moved into the big city (Rio de Janeiro) at the age of six I got really confused and used to feel uncomfortable around other ethnicities. Of course a year later everything was fine because my parents introduced those people to my daily routine and taught me about diversity and to respect people.

It's insane how a kid's mind can work. I'm not defending this guy, this is pure bullshit. But it put in perspective the education today's parents are giving to their children. I don't know how I would handle things today if my parents didn't interfere and educated me.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Their list of winners over the years is...something else:

2014: TotalBiscuit
2015: Greg Miller
2016: Boogie
2017: Dr Disrespect
2018: Ninja
2019: Shroud
2020: Valkyrae

Not everyone is a jerk on that list, but they kind of have a type more often than not!
Isn't that award fan-voted?

Might as well just remove that category if so, tho I think they care about fans tuning in and voting.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
16 is faaaaar too old to not know the kkk is something you don't want to be associated with.

16 is the exact age you are trying to make the shittiest, the most 'hardcore' jokes you can come up with. i bet he was extremely embarrassed by them within a year or two.

edit: just seen some of his history. well.. maybe he was not that embarrassed.

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
The first time I ever hear of any "content creator" is when shit like this comes out the woodwork. So basically all the "content creators" I know are scum, every single one of them.

ehhsobee

Banned
Nov 11, 2019
United Kingdom
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing concerns of bigotry, account in junior phase
Pretty funny to see everyone acting like they were so innocent at 16. Dream sucks for a variety of reasons, but vilifying him based on something he did when he was a kid is not fair.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
And there it is, Dream isn't just a cheat and a fraud, he's also a Milkshake Duck. So much for him being BRAND FRIENDLY™

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Pretty funny to see everyone acting like they were so innocent at 16. Dream sucks for a variety of reasons, but vilifying him based on something he did when he was a kid is not fair.
I can tell you 100% I never made shitty videos with KKK imagery or any other hateful imagery at the age of 16 because a 16 year old is old enough to know that shit isn't cool.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns of bigotry

I agree with you on this. I don't follow Dream at all, but unless he's still posting KKK shit now, I don't see why he needs to get skewered for shit he did when he was 16. There are many people out there (myself included) that did or said dumb harmful or racist shit when they were a teenager.

But in this specific scenario, I think the beef is more that he denies that he ever did such a thing back then, rather than just apologizing for his edgy teenage phase.