• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who bought the PC version at launch, I'm kinda disappointed about the devs' radio silence on whether or not the new content will be added to the Steam version.
Same, I was hoping someone intrepid would datamine the steam version or discover the new content because the radio silence is ridiculous.

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
Just started the game via GP. Played for two hours and still at the prologue. Any tips on How to get all the endings? Loving what I have seen so far.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just started the game via GP. Played for two hours and still at the prologue. Any tips on How to get all the endings? Loving what I have seen so far.

ehh it's kind of hard to "get them all" especially in one go. There are two "routes" in the game

Early on you get knocks on your door, if you open it (the first time it happens doesn't matter but each one after does) you get the "main route", if you stay inside (ignoring the first knock) that is the "2nd route"

The main route has multiple endings depending on actions taken towards the end, best idea is that once the game looks like it's starting to head to a close, create alternate saves cause you can do quite a few things for slightly different endings.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly what is going on with this launch? It's almost 5:30 PM EST a day and a half after the game released and it's still not live on PSN. Last update from the devs on twitter was a few hours after it released saying it was still rolling out to all platforms. It's weird that it's almost a full two days after release and they haven't said anything else about it not being live on PlayStation.

Azurakumo

Apr 4, 2022
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but the game is not showing on the eshop. Potential workaround is to buy on Nintendo's online eshop and direct download to console.
I see it available there to buy, haven't purchased myself yet though.

Hope this helps!

www.nintendo.com

OMORI for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy OMORI and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Can anyone confirm works ?

Wii Tank

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but the game is not showing on the eshop. Potential workaround is to buy on Nintendo's online eshop and direct download to console.
I see it available there to buy, haven't purchased myself yet though.

Hope this helps!

www.nintendo.com

OMORI for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy OMORI and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Can anyone confirm works ?

Nope, does not work. As soon as you try to purchase it directs you to your country's eshop page (for me Canada) where I get a page saying this content is currently unavailable.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
ehh it's kind of hard to "get them all" especially in one go. There are two "routes" in the game

Early on you get knocks on your door, if you open it (the first time it happens doesn't matter but each one after does) you get the "main route", if you stay inside (ignoring the first knock) that is the "2nd route"

The main route has multiple endings depending on actions taken towards the end, best idea is that once the game looks like it's starting to head to a close, create alternate saves cause you can do quite a few things for slightly different endings.
I just branched onto the main route but I have a save from before the split. Is the 2nd route something really worth doing? From how the story is going so far my impression is that it would be akin to Undertale's genocide route, an interesting inclusion necessary for the game's themes but depressing enough I don't necessarily need to do it myself lol. But I'm also loving the game a lot so far so I'm willing to do both if it's considered essential.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I just branched onto the main route but I have a save from before the split. Is the 2nd route something really worth doing? From how the story is going so far my impression is that it would be akin to Undertale's genocide route, an interesting inclusion necessary for the game's themes but depressing enough I don't necessarily need to do it myself lol. But I'm also loving the game a lot so far so I'm willing to do both if it's considered essential.
I haven't done it myself but it's way more focused on the "rpg" side of the game. A large part plays out the same but you will get your super end game bosses on the 2nd route. Only really recommend it if you are super digging the combat. They did add more to it but not sure what they did

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Beat ex space boyfriend but that was pretty tough. I was level 7 but think that was the expected level or so for the fight. All about the releasing energy group move.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Nope, does not work. As soon as you try to purchase it directs you to your country's eshop page (for me Canada) where I get a page saying this content is currently unavailable.

Hey thank you for this, I thought there was an issue on my end.

Here's a tweet from the official account so I guess we just have to wait...

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
Man this game is so unsettling, in a great way. Don't want to spoil anything, but it's just very unique in its presentation to the point where I'm not sure what to expect. Excited to see more after the first hour.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Beat ex space boyfriend but that was pretty tough. I was level 7 but think that was the expected level or so for the fight. All about the releasing energy group move.
I think I was 10 or 11 for that fight without any grinding, but I did explore the rest of Otherworld before going in the Junkyard. The strategy that's worked so far for me with bosses is getting them angry, getting the party happy, and then spending my energy on either Aubrey's "look at Omori" follow-up or one of Hero's follow-ups if somebody needs some light healing. Getting enemies angry in general is pretty good since it buffs the exp gain at the end of the fight.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
(Trying to be vague) You will be asked whether you want to open a door a few times throughout the game. The first time it won't matter, but every subsequent time you are making a significant decision with significant narrative and gameplay consequences.

I won't lie opening the door the second time was mind-blowing. I did not expect to see a teenage Kel standing there, and I did not expect the game to involve leaving Sunny's house. Up until that point I assumed the game would take place almost solely in Sunny's head and involve maybe piecing what might be the truth together using ambiguous hints in his headspace. It turned out to be a lot more blunt about what was going on and I appreciate that tremendously.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
Three hours in - very, very good. Still in the prologue and it really not sure what's gonna happen next. It feels like a weird dream where the characters keep getting distracted by new plot lines - very much like my own dreams.

And boy, it really is just the closest I've felt to Earthbound, even down to the level curve of the combat systems. Some of the battles are pretty hard without adequate prep.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I just got done with the junkyard, and I beat Pluto earlier. Having a lot of fun so far. The emotions have been difficult to remember but I just keep the diagram open on a phone tab lmao. Having a lot of fun

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone was curious, the Xbox and Microsoft Store versions of the game have cross-save support. So you can switch between the two if you want to.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Are there actual negative consequences to picking up too many incorrect Hangman letters? Or can I safely grab every one I find?

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the game yesterday, and wow. This might be one of my new favorite games! Amazing storytelling, gameplay, characters and music!

My thoughts bellow (spoilers obviously). Would love to know what you all think:

That one part where we learn about the twist surrounding Mari's death, oh my God. I kept thinking "No way... nonononono" and I felt my stomach churning. But I also think that it's presented at first, in a very malicious way. At least, to me, it almost felt that Sunny had pushed her down the stairs on purpose and they were just covering it up. However, the way it's presented, is obviously the way Sunny/Omori remembers it. There's a lot of guilt about Mari's death and so he frames himself and Basil almost as cold-blooded killers.

Obviously, Basil's reaction to Mari's death in the stairs to frame it as a suicide is beyond fucked up and I guess that was his way of trying to protect Sunny and he's constantly taking the blame of this - in part, because he is to blame (since, I'm not sure if Sunny wanted to frame the whole thing as a suicide to begin with, my impression is that he didn't). It's weird, though, part of the photos of what happend to Mari (repressed memories of Sunny) show Sunny kinda smiling in one pic where they are moving the body. I feel that, again, it was just a distortion of his own mind/Omori, framing him as this killer more than just the accident that it was - or just trying to make it seem like Sunny was manipulating Basil all along. However, shouldn't Sunny and Basil still go to jail or something? The ending makes it seem like Sunny eventually tells his friends (his biggest fear finally overcome) and leaving with his Mom.

I really did like how the game portrayed trauma, both in Sunny and Basil. Sunny seems to have repressed everything, gone numb and completely isolated from everyone (thus, becoming a hikikimori). As for Basil, it feels as though he kept pretending to be okay but his fears/concerns kept manifesting in different ways (in what I guess was a breakdown by the end of the game).

Also, holy shit at that one last photo of Mari hanging from the tree with one eye open being a parallel to that thing following Omori around. I also really liked the parallels between "dream world" and real life world (and how everything was actually a lot harder to do in real world; lol eating candy in real world wouldn't heal shit haha).

Edit: Also wondering, are the developers thinking of working on another game anytime soon? Any other similar games that y'all would recommend? I can think of Mother 3 and Undertale (both of which I've played already). Happy and open to play something else that's similar (hopefully on Switch!).

chatsquared

Nov 19, 2020
Man what a game. Just finished it last night after going all-in on it over the weekend. It's really nice to have an indie RPG like this that's also longer than a few hours; exploring and doing the optional stuff really drew me in. For as sinister as the tone can be during the horror segments the game is also super funny and charming, too. For those that have finished the game I've got a question about the ending:

Did you also get the good ending the first time around? Because after I got the true good ending (with some help from my fiance on how to get the very last cinematic) I looked up the other endings and holy shit. There is no """neutral""" ending in this game, they're ALL bad ends. I feel like if I played through 20 hours of charming character building and horror scenes that eventually get triumphantly conquered only to watch Sunny throw himself out a fucking hospital window I would have thrown up.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm lucky Neon White is taking me longer than I thought it would thanks to my schedule, because OH MY GOD it has been three days and it's still not up in Canada.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
howlongtobeat says this game takes about 20.5 hours. My time says 8+ hours so far but I also left it up and running for a while, I've probably actually played it for maybe like 6 total. I just got to the molesprout kingdom. Just trying to blaze through lol

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm lucky Neon White is taking me longer than I thought it would thanks to my schedule, because OH MY GOD it has been three days and it's still not up in Canada.
FVn3jBrXsAQeX_8

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not even just Canada, it's still not up on PSN just in general for any regions

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
Did you also get the good ending the first time around? Because after I got the true good ending (with some help from my fiance on how to get the very last cinematic) I looked up the other endings and holy shit. There is no """neutral""" ending in this game, they're ALL bad ends. I feel like if I played through 20 hours of charming character building and horror scenes that eventually get triumphantly conquered only to watch Sunny throw himself out a fucking hospital window I would have thrown up.

I managed to get the perfect "good" ending on my first try (good is in airquotes because honestly even though it's the best ending it's debatable to me whether it's "good", especially for the friends). I watered Basil's flowers out of curiosity and because they gave me permanent stat boosts. I had no idea they were the key to the best end until after completing the game.

Thankfully, I think the game does a pretty good job at alerting you as to what decisions you make will steer you to worse endings. Abandoning Basil on the last night is obviously the wrong thing to do. Jumping off the hospital roof requires you to give up at a game over screen which is heavily hinted to be a false failure state in a fight you cannot win in practicality. If you somehow put yourself on the hikkikomori route by accident that's something else, but I think that telegraphs far in advance that there is no possible positive result to what's going on.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Omori prohibition in Canada might be lifting on June 24th.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Looks like Omori prohibition in Canada might be lifting on June 24th.

Thanks! It still would have been nice for the devs to take ownership of the situation and proactively let people know what's up. I've seen people from Europe mention that they've been having issues too? Unexpected issues can happen, but how you address them makes all the difference.

Hopefully other regions will get to play the game as well.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to have a date, but that is right at the start of my Business Trip. Guess I will be waiting for 3 more weeks to play this game. I was hoping for more time before Xenoblade 3 releases.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Played till the point where I leave the Spider forest. Really good game and incredible atmosphere for a game like this. I can't wait to find out how all of this ends.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Very weird launch. Xbox, the platform it was not announced on until about 2 days before launch, got it before Playstation, a platform that it was announced for many months ago. On top of that, it released on game pass out of no where with no announcement.

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
"Three Days Left" chapter came up really early. Does this mean I have to replay 2/3 of the game just to see the other route? Shouldn't be too bad since a 2nd playthrough would be quicker, but it's still a fairly long game.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I think I am near the end of the game, grabbed my final letter. In the behinning I wasn't liking the pacing of the game, I was always ecpecting for the story to pick up toward the horror side, which never really happened. When I realized I was playing an "adult" Earthbound I apprecciated the game for what it is, a very well written jrpg. But really, just pass day three because the pacing is terrible here.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Just finished the game yesterday, and wow. This might be one of my new favorite games! Amazing storytelling, gameplay, characters and music!

My thoughts bellow (spoilers obviously). Would love to know what you all think:

Obviously, Basil's reaction to Mari's death in the stairs to frame it as a suicide is beyond fucked up and I guess that was his way of trying to protect Sunny and he's constantly taking the blame of this - in part, because he is to blame (since, I'm not sure if Sunny wanted to frame the whole thing as a suicide to begin with, my impression is that he didn't). It's weird, though, part of the photos of what happend to Mari (repressed memories of Sunny) show Sunny kinda smiling in one pic where they are moving the body. I feel that, again, it was just a distortion of his own mind/Omori, framing him as this killer more than just the accident that it was - or just trying to make it seem like Sunny was manipulating Basil all along. However, shouldn't Sunny and Basil still go to jail or something? The ending makes it seem like Sunny eventually tells his friends (his biggest fear finally overcome) and leaving with his Mom.

There's actually text attached to each of "the truth" photos that have been datamined, and reading through all the text pretty much confirms that framing Mari's death as a suicide by hanging was all Basil's idea initially.

As for the last part, depending on your perspective the lack of police involvement is either going to require a slight suspension of disbelief for the sake of the story the game wanted to tell, or you jump through a lot of hoops to justify it. Sunny's and Basil's friends/families decided not to get the police involved, they were both children when the accident happened, etc. etc.

"Three Days Left" chapter came up really early. Does this mean I have to replay 2/3 of the game just to see the other route? Shouldn't be too bad since a 2nd playthrough would be quicker, but it's still a fairly long game.

Yeah you do.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
eShop says the 29th now.

The 29th.

It's $33 CAD so I think the price got docked some. Wasn't it $30 USD?

Tabasco Cat

May 25, 2021
got a pop up on xbox that the rating has been updated to mature 17+. the original teen rating had me wondering if there were some content differences for xbox so that's good there isn't

Rexskel

Aug 27, 2021
Yep, the date is now the 29th on the eShop at 33,99 CAD. That's quite a while longer to wait :/

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
it's finally out on PlayStation

Edit: I saw some people on reddit say the PS4 version doesn't have trophies. Which would be weird since the Xbox version has achievements.

OMORI

Welcome to White Space.

Last edited:

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017
it's finally out on PlayStation

Edit: I saw some people on reddit say the PS4 version doesn't have trophies. Which would be weird since the Xbox version has achievements.

OMORI

Welcome to White Space.
That appears to be the case. Strange launch keeps getting stranger, and I would have gone with switch over PS if I had known the game wouldn't have trophies.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me with minimal spoilers when is a good time to do side quests and go after achievements etc or should I just play the game and do what I like?