• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017

The New On Cinema 2019 Oscar Special
Watch live on AdultSwim.com beginning at 8:00 PM EST

Livestream is over. Watch the full show here
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/on-cinema/the-new-on-cinema-oscar-special

or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKkAdoZEn-s
with breaks edited out

The #1 movie review show is back once again to bring their unique brand of live coverage to the 2019 Academy Awards. You might be asking, "Where is Tim Heidecker and who the heck is Rafael Torres?" Well due to certain legal issues and personal differences with the Delgado family (current owners of the On Cinema brand) Tim is not involved in this year's show. Instead, Rafael will fill-in as host while Gregg Turkington returns to provide the usual expert analysis and movie expertise. Tim may be hosting a show of his own at a later date.

FAQ
What is On Cinema At The Cinema?
OCATC is a movie review web series hosted by Tim Heidecker and featuring movie buff Gregg Turkington as his frequent guest. It's also one of the most original and brilliant pieces of comedy ever created. Spanning podcasts, web shows, television, e-books, virtual reality, and even feature films it's difficult to describe and unlike almost anything else out there. It's really best to jump right in and experience it for yourself. If all that sounds intimidating don't worry. There is a lot of it but the individual shows are usually quite short and can be found on YouTube or Adult Swim.

Where do I start?
This playlist is the best starting place and should cover just about everything except season 4, 5, and 6 of Decker which can all be found at adultswim.com. There's also the original podcast version of the show at the start of this playlist which is hilarious and should be checked out, but isn't necessary to fully enjoy the show.

What is this Oscar Special thing?
Every year since 2013 Tim and Gregg have hosted a livestream special event coinciding with the Oscars telecast. These can run for several hours and are the highlights of the whole On Cinema universe. Past specials have included Oscar-caliber guests, the return of a Hollywood legend, showstopping musical numbers, mental breakdowns, masterful impressions of classic film stars, unforgettable finales, and much more.

So where is Tim this year?
After losing control of the On Cinema franchise due to legal action concerning the disastrous Electric Sun Desert Music Festival Tim's role in the show was greatly diminished by the end of season 10. He went on a rampage in the final episode (NSFW!) seemingly ending his association with On Cinema, for now at least. Per Twitter Tim was planning his own show for the 24th but some really real and tragic circumstances have caused him to postpone these plans.

What about Mark Protch? Pruksh?! What about Mark?
Following his accident in the 2018 Oscar Special, Mark was last seen in episode 6 of this past season, still in a comatose state apparently. His current condition is unknown. We can only hope this master impressionist will make a surprise appearance this year.

No celebration of the Oscars would be complete without some popcorn of course.
Let Tim and Gregg help you decide which popcorn is right for you.

popcorn49kktx.gif
popcorn49kktx.gif

Looking for your Oscar Fever Fix?

Oscar Fever: original verison

Oscar Fever: marching band version

Oscar Fever: Dekkar version

Last edited:

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
do the delgados own "Oscar Fever" because it wouldn't be right if they didn't have "Oscar Fever", imo

OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
do the delgados own "Oscar Fever" because it wouldn't be right if they didn't have "Oscar Fever", imo

I hope so but I don't think Gregg wants it in the show. I'm an admitted Gregghead but I have to disagree with him about the music. Oscar Medley was great too; it's been stuck in head for weeks now.

"Mad Max! Givin' all the ladies heart attacks!"

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Tim is an embarrassment and he should be in prison. Mark Dwyer the absolute fraud needs to be disbarred

I fully expect Tim to try and crash this telecast and ruin the celebration of #movies

Last edited:
OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Tim is an embarrassment and he should be in prison. Mark Dwyer the absolute fraud needs to be disbarred

I fully expect Tim to try and crash this telecast and ruin the celebration of #movies
Hasn't Tim suffered enough? The true villain was Dr. San and he's beyond the reach of earthly justice now. Tim's real crime was not being able to focus on #movies. That and possibly a few other felonies, but he's been cleared in a court of law so I think it's time to move on.

ViewtifulJux

Oct 25, 2017
The last time Gregg tried to host a special without Tim by his side was a complete disaster and embarasssment to the On Cinema family.

OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Venture

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to find out what the write-in nominees for Best Picture will be this year. Just a few hours to go now!

I would say get out your On Cinema Oscars Bingo cards but it may not work so well this year. Maybe if you make all the Tim squares free spaces.

2018_oscarspecial5_bii2kf3.jpg

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
God, I can't wait to watch this later when I'm free. So wish I could live post along with you guys! Enjoy it!

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad Tim got that pretty boy Raffy out of there. He clearly had no knowledge of film.

Scudo

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
That super long pause between Rafael trying to throw to the next segment and then "But first, a message from Gregg." killed me