Parch

Nov 6, 2017
They'll have one or two boo hoo episodes for the ratings, and then they'll continue on with little reference to her. Just move on. The cast is plenty good enough to carry the show.

Oct 25, 2017
1316898.gif

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
The one that openly trolls Fox News for being number one with Racists? Also weren't they part of the Disney deal? Either way it wouldn't happen.

I'm just speculating based on how they took Last Man Standing after ABC cancelled it.

The fox network that disney now owns?

Edit: who also owns abc

Disney won't get Fox News, Fox Sports nor Fox the broadcast channel

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/15/...-century-fox-acquisition-franchises-companies

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
It absolutely needs to be a racism related death, so it mirrors what happened to her career.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they'll treat it. Right or wrong several cast members are close to Roseanne, so they might be sensitive to death jokes. On the other hand they never shied away from dark comedy on the old show, so we'll see I guess.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
So...am I the only one looking forward to this?

Roseanne's issues aside, the revival was quality and I'm looking forward to seeing the Connors move on with their lives.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
It's funny because they actually tested a possible Roseanne show without Roseanne in an episode in the original series with Jackie being a prominent character. It was a good episode. I think it was called An Officer and a Gentleman. The cast decided to back Roseanne back then though.

May 31, 2018
Man, that stinks. I loved the original run. Her words that she said were awful, but Michael Richards seems to be in good graces now as well as Mel Gibson. The power of apology may have resonated more if Barr hadn't been on a current tv show and could stay out of the public eye. It is certainly sad she couldn't tow the line of shock comedy and common sense better and it resulted in this. Just very nostalgic of it...definitely wanted to see her reunited with the old characters - especially the Halloween episodes!

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that stinks. I loved the original run. Her words that she said were awful, but Michael Richards seems to be in good graces now as well as Mel Gibson. The power of apology may have resonated more if Barr hadn't been on a current tv show and could stay out of the public eye. It is certainly sad she couldn't tow the line of shock comedy and common sense better and it resulted in this. Just very nostalgic of it...definitely wanted to see her reunited with the old characters - especially the Halloween episodes!

Michael Richards has't had a decent job since he torpedoed his career and has lived off Seinfeld royalties for 15 years - how is he in anyone's good graces? And Mel Gibson lives under permanent side eye.