May 31, 2018
Michael Richards has't had a decent job since he torpedoed his career and has lived off Seinfeld royalties for 15 years - how is he in anyone's good graces? And Mel Gibson lives under permanent side eye.

Well, Larry David saw it fit to have Michael Richards on the Seinfeld reunion episode of Curb and people loved it. They even made a joke about his outburst. Mel Gibson's fit seems to have become a foggy memory.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Roseanne won't be forgiven because she said something stupid, apologized for it, took back that apology, continued to say stupid shit, and cried that she was(rightfully) losing money. She didn't learn anything, there is no redemption to be had.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Michael Richards has't had a decent job since he torpedoed his career and has lived off Seinfeld royalties for 15 years - how is he in anyone's good graces?

Actually people forgave Michael Richards for his racist comments after he left a $10,000 tip at a diner

3Q-WheElzO0NvXh6ni15fnK7Ww4FoZw7ChZ4QTP651w.jpg

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I fully suspect she'll watch the show with her feet up having a good laugh that she's getting paid to do nothing. That horrible, cackling laugh.

No chance.

She went from being a has-been to having one of the best-rated and most critically-lauded shows on television.

Now she's a pariah and gets to watch from the sidelines.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
The show continues on without her like nothing is out of place until John Goodman's character suddenly remembers. He remembers everything. He remembers he had a wife. He remembers he was dead. He turns to the camera. His nose starts bleeding. Cut to black.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Start the episode off exactly like the last season. Dan laying there w/ his CPAP on, he wakes up afraid and says "Oh God...I thought it was HER......" then shivers and cut to the opening credits.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
The show continues on without her like nothing is out of place until John Goodman's character suddenly remembers. He remembers everything. He remembers he had a wife. He remembers he was dead. He turns to the camera. His nose starts bleeding. Cut to black.
This visual actually gives me chills and I want a TROMA version of Roseanne now. lmfao

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
It should be a running gag that most episodes offhandedly mention how he died and it's different every time.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Has anyone posted "She apologized! She shouldn't have been fired!" yet?

If they do, kindly post this video in response to them.

It was posted after Roseanne apologized.
On Roseanne's YouTube channel.
It's still there.
Right now.
Seriously.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't much, but the first released video promoting it...

And a table read photo without Roseanne...

DzO9DK5.jpg

I still don't think the show will find a proper audience, and there will be various other issues. I predict it will go one season and no more.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
so like, have the last season's episodes been made available again? Or the old episodes returned to syndication?

I do not believe any of that has been restored, no. I haven't heard any plans at all for the last season to be made available to buy or anything.

Even if you go to Amazon you get this...

https://www.amazon.com/Roseanne-Season-10/dp/B07BKPZ1NM

"Our agreements with the content provider don't allow purchases of this title at this time."

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Idk. I think it can make it 3 seasons.

Going by the last season, they were celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary I believe. My theory was they were planning to go five seasons and end it with their 50th wedding anniversary. It just made sense to me. Obviously all plans changed. I don't want it to fail, I am happy for those still involved. I just really have my doubts on the audience. Forget about the politics involved also. I mean, Roseanne could be a hard and real to life show to watch in the first place. I'm not sure if people want to watch the family now also deal with her death. I am afraid it may be a bit too much for the show. We shall see though.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Good for the "up yours" factor, but on a writing point of view, kinda a bad move to permanently kill a character.

Then again, up yours Rosanne!

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I figured that would be it, they were kind of leading towards something near the end of last season w/ her knee surgery.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Opioid Overdose is honestly the perfect way to do it. Opioid Addiction and its impacts are major issues in America at this moment. I think the show can find its audience to be successful. The Show never was big with conservatives in its original run and Roseanne's behavior at baseball games etc. only cemented how much the right hated her. Their forced support of her this time around was simply because she tooted Donalds horn.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much exactly what we thought would happen when they announced they would continue without her.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Put her on a bus.
She left the family.
She's pursuing a secret career or dream.
She's in the mayo clinic.

Whatever is works, the trick is not making the character be impossible to comeback.

But again, Up yours Rosanne.

ABC is never bringing her back. Ever. The only reason the show exists is because she signed away her rights. The network was not going to go forward if she was involved in any part of the spinoff. The show either will work without her or it will be cancelled. Her coming back was never, nor will it ever be an option for ABC.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I honeslty hope the show will find an audience and will be on the air for many years to come.

fuck you, Roseanne. Eat shit.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't much, but the first released video promoting it...

And a table read photo without Roseanne...

DzO9DK5.jpg

I still don't think the show will find a proper audience, and there will be various other issues. I predict it will go one season and no more.

I'm glad it's still around for the remaining cast and crew to have jobs for a little while longer, but I'm pretty sure you're right.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Opioid overdose is the perfect way to write her character off. Her addiction has already been established last season, and it's a huge issue affecting American families just like the Connors.