• Yes

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
For new UU fans, I strongly suggest to push past the first couple of chapters/episodes. It might seem like a weird ecchi manga but it drops that angle fast.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Yeah my favorite thing is that it after all the early creepy shit from Andy it just gets better each arc. Cantaim and I have a good time with it
Yeah once it ditches the creepy stuff it becomes the poster child for improving your story with each arc. Never seen a manga start at the bottom then work itself into being a great weekly read like this.
Now excuse me as I continue to tell Twitter that Fuuko is her.
Y'all still watching Mission Yozakura Family
Anime started doing its own thing so I'm just sticking to the manga is my decision.

Last edited:

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
oDE0UcK.gif

Megumi Ishtani, remember the name
I said 'goddamn…" out load during this scene

I know she directed a couple earlier episodes, has she worked on anything else worth checking out?

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I said 'goddamn…" out load during this scene

I know she directed a couple earlier episodes, has she worked on anything else worth checking out?
She also directed & storyboarded the latest two openings. As well as Dragonball Super's finale. But her resume is still pretty short since she's so young. You can find her college animation projects on YouTube though (which says a lot about how comparatively young she is in the industry)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Napping at work is hard for me because I often end up groggier after the nap. I typically just power through then crash when I get home.

I set my alarm for 30 minutes and always wake up feel energized. Don't know what it is about car naps but the grogginess don't hit like it would at home when trying to power nap there.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/BLUELOCK_PR/status/1787366968963842101?t=F9f-AjXssYp2LaZ0HYmq4Q&s=19

Blue Lock S2 in October, I'm once again saved from reading the manga for a sports series 😌

One day people will know it has the best drawn action in jump

😁just started yesterday

Bro it's so wild seeing people give stuff like JJK its occasional flowers when Sakamoto Days is right here deserving a full bouquet, literally every fight got the best choreography/paneling I've seen in God knows how long, all on some Jackie Chan shit that makes full use of the environment at all times

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/BLUELOCK_PR/status/1787366968963842101?t=F9f-AjXssYp2LaZ0HYmq4Q&s=19

Blue Lock S2 in October, I'm once again saved from reading the manga for a sports series 😌

Bro it's so wild seeing people give stuff like JJK its occasional flowers when Sakamoto Days is right here deserving a full bouquet, literally every fight got the best choreography/paneling I've seen in God knows how long, all on some Jackie Chan shit that makes full use of the environment at all times

I'm not gonna lie to you I'm on chapter 15…it might have to be mappa …don't kill me

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

Exactly, I was telling my friend about the manga last year and when they asked what makes the fights stand out compared to everything else right now. I told them "when One Piece, JJK, MHA, and Black Clover walk into a room. It takes a back seat and acts as a stage. When Sakamoto days has two characters walk into a room. That room becomes a character in the fight." Top to bottom great choreography that makes it feel like a great kung fu movie. Also helps that when the manga wants to do a striking moment. you get really fun panels/pages.

panels-that-give-me-chills-but-i-cant-wait-to-see-animated-v0-efdqt4lgrm4a1.jpg

Pour one out for any studio that has to do it though because damn you're gonna need a great team.

Last edited:

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Irony is the friends you made as a teen, who used to tell you don't get mad we're just joking, are now the ones who always get mad when you're just joking
Exactly, I was telling my friend about the manga last year and when they asked what makes the fights stand out compared to everything else right now. I told them "when One Piece, JJK, MHA, and Black Clover walk into a room. It takes a back seat and acts as a stage. When Sakamoto days has two characters walk into a room. That room becomes a character in the fight." Top to bottom great choreography that makes it feel like a great kung fu movie. Also helps that when the manga wants to do a striking moment. you get really fun panels/pages.

Pour one out for any studio that has to do it though because damn you're gonna need a great team.
Every time this dude shows up in Sakamoto it immediately becomes a manga main event for me lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pray you don't get silverlinks. Can't get action right for shit!

Smh, i have a few episodes to catch up on

Yup, that's the perfect way to describe it. Sakamoto himself is the king of this, but all the characters are good at making use of whatever is around them, I love it

Also man I love that old dude, he is terrifying lmfao

Also man, 0 fanservice is so (sadly) refreshing

Sakamoto is definitely my fav of the recent shonen that began the last few years.

Yea, I'm really glad I got back into it. Story has been pretty interesting as well

Official KV makes it look like those games have the players smell foul afterwards

View: https://x.com/animetv_jp/status/1787385668080930954

🤣

View: https://twitter.com/OlayiFolarin/status/1787385802689052840?t=xWh2E_AgrN3PbQZ4EEj8Kg&s=19

Irony is the friends you made as a teen, who used to tell you don't get mad we're just joking, are now the ones who always get mad when you're just joking

Every time this dude shows up in Sakamoto it immediately becomes a manga main event for me lol

I like how the antagonists don't even wanna deal with his ass if they can help it

Almost caught up, less than 50 chapters to go

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
More spoilers out:

• Chapter 1,114: "Wings of Icarus".
  • The chapter begins with more reactions from people around the world. The Marines are very confused by Vegapunk's revelations. Akainu appears angry as always.
  • We see Doflamingo, who discusses Vegapunk's words with Magellan and says that they should go to a higher place.
  • There are more reactions from people before we return to Egghead, where we have more important revelations.
  • Vegapunk makes a hypothesis saying that the sea level will rise 1 meter due to earthquakes, proving that it is not something caused by a natural disaster.
  • Saturn continues forward to try to destroy the Den Den Mushi and enters the "Mother Flame".
  • The "Mother Flame" is a small flame inside a giant tank, similar to what Vegapunk's head was like.
  • Vegapunk continues talking about 900 years ago and how he got too close to the Sun. Imu in Mary Geoise reacts silently.
  • Vegapunk says that his second sin is that he continued researching Poneglyphs and Ancient History. Vegapunk says that he doesn't know everything that happened but that he will start telling what he knows.
  • While Luffy attacks Warcury again using Gear 5, Vegapunk talks about a person who was born 900 years ago in an advanced kingdom. He had a body that stretched and struggled like the "Sun God" Nika of Elbaf.
  • That man's name was Joy Boy. He was the man who took to the seas and the first "pirate" in history.
  • Next week there is a break

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, that's the perfect way to describe it. Sakamoto himself is the king of this, but all the characters are good at making use of whatever is around them, I love it

Yea, I'm really glad I got back into it. Story has been pretty interesting as well

I'm at chapter 65 after today and Uncharted set pieces are what comes to mind for their fights. Highly entertaining to look at for its creativity.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
US sales for the entire month of March:

03./00. One Piece #105 {2024.03.12} - 21,268 / NEW
06./00. One Piece: Ace's Story—The Manga #1 {2024.03.12} - 13,785 / NEW
07./00. One Piece: Shokugeki no Sanji {2024.03.12} - 10,653 / NEW

10./00. One Piece (Omnibus) #1-3 {2009.12.01} - 10,215

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

If manga could play music he'd have a boss theme every time he draws his sword haha.

Smh, i have a few episodes to catch up on

Yo don't jinx us. Last manga in jump I said that about had a woman show up 6 months later who fought completely nude. We don't need that energy in Sakamoto right now

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yo don't jinx us. Last manga in jump I said that about had a woman show up 6 months later who fought completely nude. We don't need that energy in Sakamoto right now

I unfortunately already feel like I jinxed it a bit with
Magnetism woman's design showing up shortly afterwards lol

it could be worse I guess, some women do wear outfits like that I guess, and she is ij a serious fight with Hyo rn, but yea... 😅 Fake Edit: Ch. 126 w/ the ass shot, I take it back lol

Speaking of her, absolute lmfao at her powers being infinitely cooler/creative than Kid has EVER been

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'm assuming JJK

jujutsu-kaisen.fandom.com

Takako Uro

Takako Uro (烏 (う) 鷺 (ろ) 亨 (たか) 子 (こ) , Uro Takako?) is a character in the Jujutsu Kaisen series. She is a jujutsu sorcerer from a thousand years ago who was incarnated by Kenjaku for the Culling Game. In her first life, Takako Uro was the captain of the Sun, Moon, and Stars Squad, a group of...

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I unfortunately already feel like I jinxed it a bit with
Magnetism woman's design showing up shortly afterwards lol

it could be worse I guess, some women do wear outfits like that I guess, and she is ij a serious fight with Hyo rn, but yea... 😅 Fake Edit: Ch. 126 w/ the ass shot, I take it back lol

Speaking of her, absolute lmfao at her powers being infinitely cooler/creative than Kid has EVER been
lmao I was hoping to time it to that. I think she's the only girl in the series with that but yea it jumps out at you. A shame because if she had pants it'd be a really cool design.

On a side note I can't tell if the new jump meta is to have no Sexual designs. Then let the auther do their one girl. It's so odd just don't have it and it'll actually get accolades for it. Our bar is on the floor in this department haha.

Nah it's JJK,
just has a lady walk out completely naked and fight the entire time like that. Catches you off guard cause the series didn't feel like it was down that bad.

I don't think anyone else in the series is like that either (but I'm not a reader anymore so don't use me as an authoritatively on the matter.

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Bamco ain't ever gonna give the developers for the budget for One Piece game, especially on anime series that's set on multiple unique looking locales