Is Reyes a bonehead?

• Yes

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
I knew the lurking legend had to be one of the biggest players in op. I didn't expect him to be the legendary Demalo Black.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Yeah my bad I only meant Stussy's outfit since she has pants and made her sideboob under clothes
For sure sorry if it felt like I was coming at you, didn't mean it that way
I didn't even notice the side boob thing because of how much Nami and Bonney ass they felt like showing this week

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I mean obviously I don't agree but ultimately it's not a big deal. I'm just hoping for more in next week's chapter.

To me that just seem crazy the biggest lore drop in series for reader and the world and saying 2 chapters is slow pacing seem so off when you look at this arc pacing .
Also i doubt we get much more info since we already get a whole bunch .

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
That is a good point/I wonder if Oda will show off more of Blackbeard's true strength as we get closer to the finale.

Most likely not IMO .
You got a good idea of how crazy the DF is from seeing WB use it and that was him holding back .
We will not seeing BB true power until vs luffy unless of course we get shanks vs BB fight .

convo

Oct 25, 2017
We all agree that Mercury(?) has killed a lot of Transponder Snails?
If there was a contest on who in one piece can kill the most transponder snails with Haki, the Gorosei are the top of the list. I just find it funny how these 5 seemingly top tier characters are busy doing menial tasks like this, when their target is probably not even on the island. Vegapunk making fools of them is a big highlight of this arc for me. It doesn't fade their threatlevels to me since they are trying to reach their goals while maintaining valuable assets and shrugging at most attacks coming their way, but they got outplayed and this distraction will help the strawhats escape.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
If there was a contest on who in one piece can kill the most transponder snails with Haki, the Gorosei are the top of the list. I just find it funny how these 5 seemingly top tier characters are busy doing menial tasks like this, when their target is probably not even on the island. Vegapunk making fools of them is a big highlight of this arc for me. It doesn't fade their threatlevels to me since they are trying to reach their goals while maintaining valuable assets and shrugging at most attacks coming their way, but they got outplayed and this distraction will help the strawhats escape.

When you look at the elders having them worry about something else is the only reason you could have them come here.
Other wise everyone on the island was dead looking at how powerful they are .

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally curious if Blackbeard already knew all of this info or not.
I think Blackbeard has whispers of the truth, but not the whole story because why would they kidnap Pudding if he knew that much. He happens to change plans pretty quickly when new information gets to him, so he may scrap the whole "be the king of my own island" thing and go straight to Ancient Weapons thanks to Caribou. It would fit his opportunist nature, but a lot of fans want him to still be hiding his whole hand. Like the scar he gave to Shanks, which shows he is hiding some major power behind the bumbling attitude.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
textbox is good way to kill any hype for the event.
When for the whole manga so far you have reactions to everything else but not biggest event since the VC would be crazy .
Also i don't see how we were getting stalling before the message.
I love seeing the elders showing off how strong they are after we see them for almost 2 decades.
That along with fact that we had so many people calling them weak or don't have coc or this and that.
If these the end game villains showing them off is fucking great .
Not for me. Like if I were Oda I'd have a double page spread of everyone reacting and keep it at that. Depends on the person but that's me.

So far everything besides the message stalling and the message reactions I've lover in Egghead. It's already in one of my top OP arcs. Elders, Vegapunk, even the "who's the traitor" mystery was dope. That's not even counting Kuma's tragic backstory. It's a dope arc.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Not for me. Like if I were Oda I'd have a double page spread of everyone reacting and keep it at that. Depends on the person but that's me.

That is for certain not Oda style and it also kinda make it feel half ass if you don't do it .
You can't have reactions for everything in manga for decades and then don't do it for the biggest event in manga for the OP world .
Plus like others said you can't just have them reacting only , you have to have them also talking about the info like how you see during other arcs.
The same way you have law and robin talk about what they see on wano to each other or have other characters do it others arcs like when marines getting ready to go war with WB .
You have to have few characters talk like that but this time on world stage cause this event that big .
Just having VP face and text bubble after text bubble after 25 years would fucking suck but that just me .

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
That is for certain not Oda style and it also kinda make it feel half ass if you don't do it .
You can't have reactions for everything in manga for decades and then don't do it for the biggest event in manga for the OP world .
Plus like others said you can't just have them reacting only , you have to have them also talking about the info like how you see during other arcs.
The same way you have law and robin talk about what they see on wano to each other or have other characters do it others arcs like when marines getting ready to go war with WB .
You have to have few characters talk like that but this time on world stage cause this event that big .
Just having VP face and text bubble after text bubble after 25 years would fucking suck but that just me .
Nah, it wouldn't be half-assed for me if we had a huge double page reaction with Vegapunk in the middle talking and then the surrounding panels is everyone else in the world talking about it. Even if it's a big event, I just don't like how it's being presented. It is what it is. Even if it's Oda's style, it just ain't for me. It's not even the first time I've had an issue with Oda's style. Oda does that whole "big fight is broken up into multiple chapters which is divided by other characters doing things" rather than "big fight is focused on and then other things happen later." There's just certain stuff about what he does that I don't like.

Egghead is still an amazing arc but it ain't perfect for me.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it wouldn't be half-assed for me if we had a huge double page reaction with Vegapunk in the middle talking and then the surrounding panels is everyone else in the world talking about it. Even if it's a big event, I just don't like how it's being presented. It is what it is. Even if it's Oda's style, it just ain't for me. It's not even the first time I've had an issue with Oda's style. Oda does that whole "big fight is broken up into multiple chapters which is divided by other characters doing things" rather than "big fight is focused on and then other things happen later." There's just certain stuff about what he does that I don't like.

Truth is a 2 page double spread could not even hold quarter of character we see so far and there locations plus talking .
But yeah everyone going to have differnt likes cause i found traitor plot line on lower end of the arc and i always enjoy stuff like this .
Also remind of how old i is when i see these characters also , foxy last been seen over decade ago i think LMAO .

EDIT to think we hitting 30 years in just 3 more years .

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
damn, Oda is getting old
Carrot appearing with the minks is a huge plot hole considering she's been stuck in Caribou's swamp since they both hid in that barrel

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
I had a dream that Luffy ended up being the one destroying the key Transponder Snail. Vegapunk was about to reveal something he didn't want spoiled and so he stretches his arm across Egghead and crushes the snail.

Probably not going to happen, given that would be kind of disrespectful to Vegapunk's final message, but it was a cool moment in the dream lol.

I've had that feeling a few times. Like, instead of a focused Kaido vs. Luffy fight, we experienced it in doses as a hundred moving parts fell into place over dozens of chapters.

Not during Egghead, though. All these massive and long time coming reveals being paired together with reactions from the places and characters we've experienced over the past 1,000+ chapters has been great.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Truth is a 2 page double spread could not even hold quarter of character we see so far and there locations plus talking .
But yeah everyone going to have differnt likes cause i found traitor plot line on lower end of the arc and i always enjoy stuff like this .
Also remind of how old i is when i see these characters also , foxy last been seen over decade ago i think LMAO .

EDIT to think we hitting 30 years in just 3 more years .
Foxy showing up was a treat. Him and the fake Demarco Black. Even the same for the Baroque Works members who aren't Crocodile and Mr. 1 lol.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Foxy showing up was a treat. Him and the fake Demarco Black. Even the same for the Baroque Works members who aren't Crocodile and Mr. 1 lol.

I like the foxy panel show it look like he still doing davy back fights and it looks like he lost everything again lol.
It the same with Demalo cosplaying Kid some people just don't learn .

OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Tace that is dark lol .
200w.gif

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I can't really vibe with the complaints about reactions if people are genuinely saying this vegapunk infodump should just be a single unbroken series of pages of just him talking

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't really vibe with the complaints about reactions if people are genuinely saying this vegapunk infodump should just be a single unbroken series of pages of just him talking
It would be a challenge to ask the kids to read a wall of text without the zany characters reacting. Last i checked the reaction industry is still going especially with Tiktok and shorts being popular.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
It would be a challenge to ask the kids to read a wall of text without the zany characters reacting. Last i checked the reaction industry is still going especially with Tiktok and shorts being popular.

I don't think Tiktok and shorts being popular matter LMAO .( Or it being read by kids )
Oda just not going to do the biggest event in OP world history in last 800 years without characters reacting and talking about it lol.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Tiktok and shorts being popular matter LMAO .
Oda just not going to do the biggest event in OP world history in last 800 years without characters reacting and talking about it lol.
I mean yeah that's what One Piece is like if you aren't stuck in a closed off country like Wano, the big world wide view and consequences is what people were missing. This event will propably start the next actual final war and it'll concern everyone except maybe the sky islands.
I'll say though if Blackbeard makes his move and starts shit that'll affect everyone and we get another sequence of everybody reacting, then i'd say we are repeating ourselves. When the big things go down then at that point i'd want the cameos to be more organic, and now that everyone knows the deal it will also be with less commentary too.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's GOTTA be a purpose to showing the one dimensional goons of Mock Town twice since it feels wasteful at best. I refuse to believe that level of stalling, maybe the fact that it's a video transmission will pay off and show them actually believing something.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
There's GOTTA be a purpose to showing the one dimensional goons of Mock Town twice since it feels wasteful at best. I refuse to believe that level of stalling, maybe the fact that it's a video transmission will pay off and show them actually believing something.

It to show they double down even in face of everything and just one panel .
VP whole i going let people judge for self goes in line with what ray said so have Oda double down on that and he knew everything .

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I understand the criticisms, getting two chapters a month to just see panels of people going "Omg really :O?" can be annoying.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It to show they double down even in face of everything and just one panel .
VP whole i going let people judge for self goes in line with what ray said so have Oda double down on that and he knew everything .
There's gotta be more given the panel size which was fairly generous both times, it would be meaningful if it was literally any other place doubting Vegapunk.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
There's gotta be more given the panel size which was fairly generous both times, it would be meaningful if it was literally any other place doubting Vegapunk.

It's meaningful because we saw them laughing at VP then VP explain and show he know what he talking about and they still laughing .
Yeah it name mock town but it shows some people just don't learn which we also saw with Foxy and Demalo Black but that was funny \nice to see them again .

The anime is gonna be insufferable around this point. Watch them include the filler characters.

You got worry more about how long they will slow motion each location and maybe even add flash back .
We see foxy they show a clip of when luffy fighting him in between his reaction lol .

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I completely forgot to mention Foxy appearing in the manga again for the first time in over 20 years.

I was like, "holy shit. We really are in the endgame."

grand

Oct 25, 2017
It's still funny that Carrot's birthday happened and Oda promptly forgot how to draw her ears lol

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Ch. 1115:
  • Black is a troll. He did the same thing when he thought Luffy and the crew were dead. I ain't believing anything he said.
  • I like the rest of the OP world reacting to Vegapunk's message, even though a lot of it isn't new information to us. I get that it could be seen as stalling, but it's nice to revisit old characters and countries that may play a major role in the endgame. Oda loves to get a large crowd involved in arcs, so it's fitting that he would get the entire world involved in unveiling this secret revelation.
  • It's always nice to see Miss Goldenweek.
  • I really wonder what's gonna happen to Stussy, Kaku, and Lucci. I can't imagine Lucci and Kaku being mad at Stussy after all that's happened, and I can't imagine they all go back to being CP0 agents and act like nothing happened.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ch. 1115

- This cover story is so boring...

- Honestly was surprised to get a reaction from Wano given their isolation

- Demalo making a return as fake Kid is the funniest shit ever given we last saw Kid left for dead

- The brief bit about the marines realizing they're considered Joyboy's enemy does make me wonder how it'll turn out in the final war in terms of who decides to actually defect from the Marines/WG

- Vegapunk has repeated enough times the notion of not wanting to declare who is/was good and evil in this conflict that one can't help but wonder how things will actually shake out when we get the inevitable flashback. You can also be tempted to read the formation of the alliance as this thing that was necessary to combat the superior/more advanced faction that Joyboy belongs to. But then again, you could just as easily say that the "Alliance" formed for selfish reasons and wanted to take/control something that didn't belong to them. This arc has made it clear the country Joy Boy belonged to was incredibly technologically advanced, I wonder what happened to all of the weapons from that era given that the WG won... I also brought it up in the other thread, but I remembered Toki exists. I wonder which side she even belonged to, or maybe she was neutral.

- The Gorosei have wasted so much time trying to find the snail that even I'm starting to be convinced that it isn't on Egghead after all lol. This chapter also puts to rest the brief debate over whether only Warcury had CoC. Given we see both Mars and Saturn use it this chapter, safe to say that all 5 of them have it. I guess there's still space for Warcury being the strongest, or at least having the best durability though, but yea, makes way more sense that they'd all have CoC at the very least.

- I assumed she'd probably be fine regardless, but I'm glad Stussy gets a real chance to escape, though not sure if she's going to go with the Straw Hats necessarily. But yea she makes a good point, not sure how her character will be utilized after this arc. On that note, I wonder if we can expect her to eventually meet Bakkin. Or maybe that already happened in the past lol

- Nusjuro continues to be the most hype to watch do their thing, just casually does a cut on the level of what Law pulled off in Punk Hazard, and there's no Devil Fruit or named attack involved. Gonna be quite the fight for Zoro in the future, that's for sure

- All these reactions, but the biggest surprise by far is seeing Foxy again after so long. Just another one of those definitive signs we're truly in the endgame now...

- 200 meters is insane, but I guess it would have to be something that crazy when you're talking about what it takes to wipe out the world and kick off the "Void Century". My only question is how long exactly did it take to raise the sea level by that much, and if it took repeated uses of all the ancient weapons, or just repeated usages of one of them.

- These past few chapters has had everyone look back at previous stuff as potential examples or hints as to how the current world of One Piece came to be. But one thing I'm confused on that hasn't been discussed much recently is God Valley. The obvious initial assumption given how the entire place disappeared is that an ancient weapon was used to destroy the entire placed. But given several factors, like it actually being a place Celestial Dragons were holding their contest (though I guess it happened after the fight against Xebec), or that it is something used sparingly, or that even a single usage would have the entire world feel its aftereffects, I wonder if somehow it disappeared by other means...

- I wonder how Imu will eventually be outed to the world

----------------

Good chapter as always, at this point, we've already mostly pieced together what Vegapunk has to say, so it's not necessarily as impactful hearing him repeat it back to us, but still very exciting stuff seeing it all laid out for us, as well as seeing all the various reactions from the large cast of the series. Given how he's still going, maybe Vegapunk might actually get to finish his entire message. Unless he has something truly juicy left, then yea, could see Oda stopping him at the last second lol

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Ch. 1115]
- I wonder how Imu will eventually be outed to the world

----------------

Good chapter as always, at this point, we've already mostly pieced together what Vegapunk has to say, so it's not necessarily as impactful hearing him repeat it back to us, but still very exciting stuff seeing it all laid out for us, as well as seeing all the various reactions from the large cast of the series. Given how he's still going, maybe Vegapunk might actually get to finish his entire message. Unless he has something truly juicy left, then yea, could see Oda stopping him at the last second lol
I assume Vegapunk is gonna out them at the end of this since he had that previous reference to not judging "him", which pissed off the Elders.

Also the den den mushi is probably in the iron giant so the Elders are nowhere close to stopping the message.

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
the message has been going on for 2 chapters*, and the only way to speed it up is to dump more text in the chapte, since the reaction shots happen at the same time as vegapunk talking.

oda isnt stopping vegapunk speech to get to reaction, they are happening at the same time, so again to speed it up this would be a hxh chapter but instead ot talking about a random body guards nen ability it would be dumping page long text bubles but for the turning point of the manga.

if someone is binge reading it and suddenly all you get is two chapters with nothing but yapping no space or pacing to the information it would be a horrendus experience

* if this was weekly we would have gotten both chapter back to back

if we got 4 chapters and have been at this point i would understand but it has been only two
tldr: it is a lesser experience having break weeks, but i cant do anthing about it.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

We gotten a good set of info even with some of us piecing together things along with other things getting clear up.
Still this was major stuff is the last 2 chapter even for the hardcore reader so i wondering how much more Oda going to give us.
The info already add a bunch of new questions so at this point i feel we about to get cut off lol.