• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished FFVIII again. Still my favourite in the series, by a fair margin. Everything just clicked with me.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I finish FFVI like once every year, still one of my favorites games of all time.

I'll also probably pick up the remaster of FFVIII this year.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
KQ70QbT.jpg

Read this part again yesterday and it's such a powerful moment. There are many things I love about WCI but this might be my favorite part. It really sells the importance of that arc, as well as each SH's importance to Luffy.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
KQ70QbT.jpg

Read this part again yesterday and it's such a powerful moment. There are many things I love about WCI but this might be my favorite part. It really sells the importance of that arc, as well as each SH's importance to Luffy.
I really like that the arcs with very personal stakes for the strawhats are very spaced out from each other, it makes those moments feel more special.

If every arc had Enies Lobby, Alabasta or Wholecake level of personal stakes it would get old quickly.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
So going by the golden ratio of how little they are in the manga versus how cool they are is Mihawk or Shanks number one? The other person is obviously number two. Vegapunk is like infinity by this metric though.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So going by the golden ratio of how little they are in the manga versus how cool they are is Mihawk or Shanks number one? The other person is obviously number two. Vegapunk is like infinity by this metric though.
I think Shanks because he's more in the series...but he's also more not in the series, you know? Every volume intro and every chapter with Luffy basically remind you about how much somewhere else Shanks is. Mihawk doesn't got that.
Vegapunk however...that elusive motherfucker cool as hell.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
They're around the same strength aren't they? Didn't they used to spar? I feel like Mihawk even mentioned Shanks was stronger than him.

I feel like Mihawk is the only warlord who can hold a candle to the yonkou

Oct 25, 2017
The Funi One Piece podcast did an interview with Mike McFarland.

42:19 in if it doesn't work.

He mentions that he's one of the staff members working on Stampede.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Mihawk literally just has a big sword and that's it. Shanks is one armed, scarred and still a Emperor of the sea.

Oct 25, 2017
It would basically be what Buggy does now but ramping it up x100. He'd be able to break himself down to really tiny parts, he'd have the reaction speed to split apart at just the right moment before attacks, he would use misdirection very well, etc... Assuming he had good Haki to go with that, he would be an opponent that is pretty hard to hit who can also deal some solid damage by taking advantage of slipups.

I see Devil Fruit potential as practically limitless but the user putting the limit on them. It is just a matter of how far the user can take it with skill, willpower/hard work and ingenuity.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler time:

1 week has passed since Reverie started.
There is news that Sabo has died.
Shichibukai is going to be abolished in Reverie.
Drake is a leader of Marine Headquarter Special Secret Force "Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.