Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
They've also been working on the DLC characters for a while, and the roster was likely finalized even before that. The Oden flashback was probably still ongoing at that point (might have even been before it started).

I'm still assuming most of this game's content was finalized around the end of Wano Act 1, and that might also be true for the DLC.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They've also been working on the DLC characters for a while, and the roster was likely finalized even before that. The Oden flashback was probably still ongoing at that point (might have even been before it started).

I'm still assuming most of this game's content was finalized around the end of Wano Act 1, and that might also be true for the DLC.
That wouldn't stop them entirely. Gild Tesoro was added to burning blood as dlc. But that was a non-canon movie tie in so that could just be an exception

OP
OP
AgentLampshade

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
All of the DLC characters should have a Form Change. Smoothie grows, Cracker hides in his armour, X Drake is a dino, Jack is a mammoth (assuming he's in), Judge can stay on the character select screen and whoever else from Wano... Well, the entire arc is filled with transforming characters.

X Drake to be the first character in DLC 2

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
13WN133.png

zn8xBxZ.png

Formchange

img_01.jpg

img_02.jpg

Action type: Speed
Mastering two weapons, he is good at a powerful but speedy continuous shot.
When you need to change your mind, you can change into a dinosaur to fight all the enemies around you.

OP
OP
AgentLampshade

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Crackers a lot of fun. I especially like his Biscuit Armour move where he dons the armour for a short time. Why this wasn't a Full Force Burst I do not know, but it's enjoyable regardless. Suppose they just didn't want to make a complete moveset for it.
Haven't tried Smoothie yet due to the lack of both money and money coins but I'll grind it up eventually.
Judge is staying on the character select screen and never getting used.

Oh Smoothies quite fun too. Very wide ranging attacks and her giant form is Yonko tier. The moveset itself is fairly generic, but it fits Smoothie well enough (dat leg raise). I'm pleased to report that she removes her hat in her taunt.
Judge is staying on the character select screen and never getting used.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
If it's Drake, Killer, and Apoo, it can double as a Wano and Supernova pack.

Expecting it to be a Supernova pack regardless, though, with the possibility of Bonney or Urouge sneaking in. I still think any further Wano content is unlikely for the game just based on the dev timeframe.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
A dataminer has found files for these chartcers in the code for OPW4, looks like they very might be the rest of the DLC charcters.

Urouge, Kinemon, Okiku and Oden

EeI9JK9XkAc11NL

EeI9JYoWoAYRuDB

OP
OP
AgentLampshade

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the Apoo memes a few months back weren't enough to give him the edge over Urouge.

Still, as hype as I'd be for Kiku (especially if she's in her armour) 3 swordspeople isn't my idea of a good time.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Would've preferred Kawamatsu over Kinemon, but Okiku being playable is a pleasant surprise. They can do some cool stuff with her snow theme.

Uroge and Oden will definitely be fun as well.

Sorbete

Oct 30, 2017
any chance we get the
new outfits from Wano (like the new new that are currently in the manga)

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Kin'emon confirmed as first character of the last pack.

www.destructoid.com

Flame on for Kin'emon in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4

First reveal for third character pack Bandai Namco has revealed the first DLC character of One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4‘s...

Looks like the data mining is spot on for this DLC too.

Oden ho!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna be a bit shocked if That Character makes it into Pirate Warriors before Treasure Cruise.

(Hell, we're still waiting for people like Queen or Kawamatsu in OPTC)

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I'm not super thrilled either. He's alright I guess, but the last thing this game needs is another swordsman, especially when people with either cooler abilities or weapons are made for this game. I'm still salty about Baby 5 and Apoo.
Gonna be a bit shocked if That Character makes it into Pirate Warriors before Treasure Cruise.

(Hell, we're still waiting for people like Queen or Kawamatsu in OPTC)
Even with the mining being correct so far, I will be shocked as well if it turns out to be true. It'll be like the Shanks reveal for PW3 all over again.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still salty about Baby 5 and Apoo.

Yeah, both of these characters would work awesome in PW4.

To be fair I didn't expect Drake, Killer, or Ma D. Monk to add much new to the mix but they're all fun to play and at least somewhat unique as far as playstyles go, so I trust that Koei Tecmo will be able to make Kin'e'mon fun and unique, even if I too am skeptical.

All four of the revolutionary commanders would be fun as well and I'm quite sure the devs could come up with creative movesets for them despite what little screen time they've been given in the manga so far.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Yeah, both of these characters would work awesome in PW4.

To be fair I didn't expect Drake, Killer, or Ma D. Monk to add much new to the mix but they're all fun to play and at least somewhat unique as far as playstyles go, so I trust that Koei Tecmo will be able to make Kin'e'mon fun and unique, even if I too am skeptical.

All four of the revolutionary commanders would be fun as well and I'm quite sure the devs could come up with creative movesets for them despite what little screen time they've been given in the manga so far.
Full agreement! If I can say one good thing of Omega Force, they're good at making characters we know very little about combat wise absurdly fun. I was going in expecting Killer to be my favorite and Urouge quickly took that spot cause he's just so absurdly fun. I guess we'll see if they can work that magic with this pack and Kin'emon is my favorite.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Such is this year that I didn't realise this was out already. Watching reviews, I think I might pick this up when it gets cheaper. It's been a while, and I'm in a One Piece mood.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Looks like the data-miners got it right again. Kikunojo is the second character in the the last pack. I've fallen behind a bit on the anime, what can I expect from her move wise? Anything like Kin'emon and his fire or should I just expect some flashy sword moves?

www.destructoid.com

Deadly samurai Kikunojo is headed to One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4

Let it Snow Bandai Namco has revealed the newest character headed to One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4. The beautiful and...

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the data-miners got it right again. Kikunojo is the second character in the the last pack. I've fallen behind a bit on the anime, what can I expect from her move wise? Anything like Kin'emon and his fire or should I just expect some flashy sword moves?

www.destructoid.com

Deadly samurai Kikunojo is headed to One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4

Let it Snow Bandai Namco has revealed the newest character headed to One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4. The beautiful and...

A lot of characters have gotten their moments to shine in the last handful of manga chapters, but sadly, Kiku isn't one of them (imo). There's nothing interesting around her moveset. I think she will be one of the least interesting playable characters in the game, though then again, Koei are usually on point with characters and have surprised me time and time again before, so I'm optimistic that I'm wrong.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
A lot of characters have gotten their moments to shine in the last handful of manga chapters, but sadly, Kiku isn't one of them (imo). There's nothing interesting around her moveset. I think she will be one of the least interesting playable characters in the game, though then again, Koei are usually on point with characters and have surprised me time and time again before, so I'm optimistic that I'm wrong.
Thanks for the info! You're right they have done an amazing job though off little for some characters. Urogue is my favorite character by now... Then you have Killer who was a disappointment. Guess we shall see!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, the one thing I thought they might do with Kiku was give her some alternate moves once she's got her mask on. Based on the screenshots the mask is there at least, we'll have to wait for the trailer to see more.

She's also unusually tall, which I assume they've maintained (again, hard to tell from screenshots). Not that it would affect her moveset, just another one of those One Piece things like how all three original admirals are normal ass humans who are also like twelve feet tall because why not.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Kin'emon video is up. He looks pretty solid, especially for a technique character, and overall pretty fun. Looking forward to trying him.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The salt on twitter is going to be real if this doesn't come out today. I can feel it.
It's already a salt party. I'm confused, though. Why was it specifically delayed for US PS4? I thought I'd finally get to play before I gotta do shit today. Hope it's out in the next few hours.

Anybody know the download size of DLC 3? My data is dire this month.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
It's already a salt party. I'm confused, though. Why was it specifically delayed for US PS4? I thought I'd finally get to play before I gotta do shit today. Hope it's out in the next few hours.

Anybody know the download size of DLC 3? My data is dire this month.
I don't think they ever said why. So anything is just guesswork.

I think you should be good too, the download for the DLC seems to act as an unlocker rather than the data. The patch seems to bring the data.