• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Hoo boy that ranking sucked. I think the worst of it was that stage 3 Croc can be 1 or 2 turns on his countdown... it's the difference between taking an extra hit and having the DoT applied earlier. Needing a bit of orb luck on stage 1 was also annoying (I actually have a theory that orb chance increase from sockets doesn't get applied to your starting orbs. I know for a fact that orb chance boosts from Captain abilities don't, using Carrot teams for a bit will show you that much). Beyond that RNG, the actual damage on stage 5 to Buggy and Lucci and KO'ing Luffy was easy (though I did lose a run on Luffy once due to hitting a great on the last shot).

I also got 57 million on my first try when I did 30 stamina for practice, so... kind wish I'd done 50 stamina first.

RE: Rayleigh v3: I know he's popular and he's important to the story, but... dude didn't even make NPC status in Pirate Warriors 4 and he's here with 3 legends. :P

RE: 3D2Y RR batch: Did we really have to do another STR Heracles that looks a lot like the first one and is based on basically the same scene? I guess this one is more about when he trained Usopp over the time skip as opposed to their arrival at Saobondy, but still.

Condoriano might legit be the most excited I've been for the game in a few months.

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
I got shafted did 15 multi's and no V2 Ace, did get v3 Kuzan, got 3 copies of koala, my first copy of reiju came at multi 10 and my first copy of doffy came at multi 11

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Did one 30 multi hoping for HW doffy. Got 10 dupes and HW doffy. I am pleased. That art is fire

Luffy event is breezy with a bullet team and inthawk

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
OK, JPN's April Fools gag is equally as amazing as ours. Hopefully we won't have to wait a year to get those over here.

The Franky is pretty amazing for WBv2 though, sort of a "F2P" swap for Log Ace.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh geez, there's a possibility to get up to 4x special rate up on bad jokes day, depending on the time you try. We need to figure out when there's the best time. Will get some dummy mobs so I can try.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Oh geez, there's a possibility to get up to 4x special rate up on bad jokes day, depending on the time you try. We need to figure out when there's the best time. Will get some dummy mobs so I can try.
Oh they're doing this again? They did this a few years ago and iirc they were all at really bad times for Europeans.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh they're doing this again? They did this a few years ago and iirc they were all at really bad times for Europeans.

Oh they did this already? Sounds.. not so good for me then :l .. well, that probably means sacrificing one night for specials ups. I guess that's fine, quarantine completely changed my daily life pattern anyway. Thanks for the heads up!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared the 0-stamina challenge - it was much easier than the Stampede one.
Also great when you can use old units like RR Inazuma and they still can kick ass.

Gonna give 60stam a try tomorrow.
Was just teasing you :p I don't think the Halloween challenge is as mechanically difficult as the damage rankings. You probably won't need manual targetting.

Forgot what team I used to clear it on JP back then. It's definitely harder than Wano Law challenge that we got during 5th anni though. But yeah the rewards are pretty great, a lot of tablets on top of the 20 gems too.

I got one new unit from my free multi, dual Krieg/Gin from the recent East Blue batch so I'll take that as a win! The rest was pretty bad.

Grats on V2 Ace! He's pretty good actually, absolute tank especially if you use Megalo ship, can easily hit 80K HP. I pulled him a couple months ago and used him a few times despite owning better legends. Very strong 2.5x ATK booster sub for Fighter if anything.

This challenge was much easier - but then again thats easy said when you have all the relevant units.
Have yet to try Ace v2 - only playing JP because of the Shanks Pirates unit and i mostly use them when i play over there.
Grats on Krieg/Gin...speaking of which, from the same banner Kuro/Jango has been my MVP RR unit - amazing Dual unit especially early on. Special and Swap are so useful - glad i managed to max skill him.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah finished the 0 stamina as well with inazuma. Great situational unit.

just farming Luffy now for special up time. Will touch FN sometime later. Nice to basically get my 30 gems back from these events

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
JP April's Fool is pretty amazing lol. Wondered if we'd ever get those faces in OPTC and it's actually the perfect time to release them.

You can see the units specials here. I like how they all give some debuff to your team since they are supposed to be joke characters (though you can get rid of most of them)
eX7j3Mo.png

Aq3rGyf.png

7qu9qKg.png

etYCHXh.png

Been farming the new raid Jinbe on JP, he's pretty easy. Snakeman deals with him smoothly. Not quite sure this raid doesn't have a special invasion and a Kai version. Thought this would become the norm with Spandam & CP9 but guess Bandai are saving it for special raids.

On Global, started farming Halloween Luffy and already beat the 0 stamina version too. Had to change my team plans since V1 Kata 6+ still isn't released on Global (why? Hope he's out before Kizuna Halloween Sabo otherwise teambuilding is going to be annoying). And moer importantly couldn't find any V2 Ace on my friendlist, so much for quick farming. The 60 stamina isn't hard but having to stall 15 turns to get rid of the silence is annoying.

Used this no V2 Ace team to clear the 0 stamina. Very quick and safe thanks to Zunesha. Requires some specific units like RR Inazuma, support QCK Bonney or support Whitey Bay, support INTvankov on Snakeman helps too. Nothing too demanding for a veteran box.

I used RR PSY Kuma with support Bonney instead of Streusen and support INTvankov on Snakeman to get rid of the poison.

Toadskii also posted a couple teams.

For the 60 stamina version, I'm just using a double Snakeman team but you can use double Lawffy as lead with the exact same subs too. It's the first team in this Toadskii video

RE: Rayleigh v3: I know he's popular and he's important to the story, but... dude didn't even make NPC status in Pirate Warriors 4 and he's here with 3 legends. :P

RE: 3D2Y RR batch: Did we really have to do another STR Heracles that looks a lot like the first one and is based on basically the same scene? I guess this one is more about when he trained Usopp over the time skip as opposed to their arrival at Saobondy, but still.

Condoriano might legit be the most excited I've been for the game in a few months.

Real talk now, I don't understand the Condoriano memes in the west but then again I don't watch the One Piece anime.

And yeah I agree with you that another STR Heracles from that scene is so lazy. Overall I'm not too happy with 3D2Y being the focus on this month batch. But I'm ok with Mihawk/Perona.

OK, JPN's April Fools gag is equally as amazing as ours. Hopefully we won't have to wait a year to get those over here.

The Franky is pretty amazing for WBv2 though, sort of a "F2P" swap for Log Ace.

Especially since Global Log Ace doesn't exist on JP. Good thing is Global could release them during any Wano related event (like in June ^^)

Holy shit, got Halloween Ace on my first 30 multi! And Halloween Koala on the same pull haha. What are the odds?

Probably 0.000001%, congrats!!! You're going to have an easy time in the next two months with him. Make sure to farm Raid Halloween Luffy and the future Kizuna Halloween Sabo though. The three of them together work extremely well!

I got shafted did 15 multi's and no V2 Ace, did get v3 Kuzan, got 3 copies of koala, my first copy of reiju came at multi 10 and my first copy of doffy came at multi 11

Ouch, grats on new Kuzan at least. Your sacrifice is appreciated. :p

Did one 30 multi hoping for HW doffy. Got 10 dupes and HW doffy. I am pleased. That art is fire

Luffy event is breezy with a bullet team and inthawk

Grats! Easy top 5 RR artwork in the game. I was so excited when I pulled him on JP but have to admit, I never found an opportunity to use him ^^;

Sweet, going to have to set the alarm clock every hour and check the reddit quickly. Last time, it was literally 2 sessions of 1h of 4x special rate. Think I missed both lol.

Cleared the 0-stamina challenge - it was much easier than the Stampede one.
Also great when you can use old units like RR Inazuma and they still can kick ass.

Gonna give 60stam a try tomorrow.

This challenge was much easier - but then again thats easy said when you have all the relevant units.
Have yet to try Ace v2 - only playing JP because of the Shanks Pirates unit and i mostly use them when i play over there.
Grats on Krieg/Gin...speaking of which, from the same banner Kuro/Jango has been my MVP RR unit - amazing Dual unit especially early on. Special and Swap are so useful - glad i managed to max skill him.

Second time RR Inazuma has been MVP in "recent" times. He was also key for infinite teams in the first Kizuna! Such a niche but great unit. :)

Good to hear you had no issue with the 0 stamina. They are definitely easier than damage rankings.
Yeah I pulled Kuro/Jango too from the free multi on Shanks Crew sugo and I've used them a lot in the last TM and Kizuna Moria last week end. Really great unit!

Done with the FN, or at least I hope so. I'll farm Luffy next and after that the halloween units I haven't maxed yet.

Make sure to farm FN Vivi if you haven't done so yet, she's the best of the bunch.

Mar 21, 2018
JP April's Fool is pretty amazing lol. Wondered if we'd ever get those faces in OPTC and it's actually the perfect time to release them.

You can see the units specials here. I like how they all give some debuff to your team since they are supposed to be joke characters (though you can get rid of most of them)
eX7j3Mo.png

Aq3rGyf.png

7qu9qKg.png

etYCHXh.png

Been farming the new raid Jinbe on JP, he's pretty easy. Snakeman deals with him smoothly. Not quite sure this raid doesn't have a special invasion and a Kai version. Thought this would become the norm with Spandam & CP9 but guess Bandai are saving it for special raids.

On Global, started farming Halloween Luffy and already beat the 0 stamina version too. Had to change my team plans since V1 Kata 6+ still isn't released on Global (why? Hope he's out before Kizuna Halloween Sabo otherwise teambuilding is going to be annoying). And moer importantly couldn't find any V2 Ace on my friendlist, so much for quick farming. The 60 stamina isn't hard but having to stall 15 turns to get rid of the silence is annoying.

Used this no V2 Ace team to clear the 0 stamina. Very quick and safe thanks to Zunesha. Requires some specific units like RR Inazuma, support QCK Bonney or support Whitey Bay, support INTvankov on Snakeman helps too. Nothing too demanding for a veteran box.

I used RR PSY Kuma with support Bonney instead of Streusen and support INTvankov on Snakeman to get rid of the poison.

Toadskii also posted a couple teams.

For the 60 stamina version, I'm just using a double Snakeman team but you can use double Lawffy as lead with the exact same subs too. It's the first team in this Toadskii video

Probably 0.000001%, congrats!!! You're going to have an easy time in the next two months with him. Make sure to farm Raid Halloween Luffy and the future Kizuna Halloween Sabo though. The three of them together work extremely well!

Thanks. Any team builds you suggest? I don't have Legend V2 Akainu or Legend Zephyr. And while I did also snag Halloween Doffy I don't have Halloween Reiju. Ideally, I would like to use this team against Halloween Luffy.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
So Global's getting Katakuri 6+ on the 8th, and a Kizuna sugo-fest (the one with Beartato Chopper) on the 5th. Wasn't Kata supposed to be useful for this Kiznua? I'm not sure if the Kizuna starts alongside the sugo or a few days prior (a la TM Sugos) but either way we won't have access to 6+ Katakuri for some portion of the Kizuna (I guess if they both start on the 8th you could make do on the early levels of Kizuna without him and then try and get all the skulls within a day or so...)

Colo Oars is coming too, of course. Kind of forgot that one existed.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Global's getting Katakuri 6+ on the 8th, and a Kizuna sugo-fest (the one with Beartato Chopper) on the 5th. Wasn't Kata supposed to be useful for this Kiznua? I'm not sure if the Kizuna starts alongside the sugo or a few days prior (a la TM Sugos) but either way we won't have access to 6+ Katakuri for some portion of the Kizuna (I guess if they both start on the 8th you could make do on the early levels of Kizuna without him and then try and get all the skulls within a day or so...)

Isn't this no issue though? You can collect the coins and just start the Kizuna for tickets a little later, or is this not possible? :I

Also, I think we have more 1h windows for the Skill-Up? Or not? Need to have a look. Again. Anyway, need to figure out the timing because I'm timezone-illiterate.
Anyway, looks stacked again. Finally, there was nearly no content the last few days.

Oct 27, 2017
Went ahead and did a pull and immediately regretted it. Got nothing new. What's worse, the first 2 pulls were RR Ace like the game was mocking me.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Ohhh pretty cool how all 4 April's Fool Wano units are F2P. O-Robi was from a mail, Usohachi was the final poster on All Usopp free multi, Franosuke cost 7 RP on the RayShop and Zorojuro is obtainable once you beat his 0 stamina island.

Easy day today, been farming Halloween Luffy on Global and Raid Jinbe on JP.

Thanks. Any team builds you suggest? I don't have Legend V2 Akainu or Legend Zephyr. And while I did also snag Halloween Doffy I don't have Halloween Reiju. Ideally, I would like to use this team against Halloween Luffy.

Hmm well if you run your V2 Ace, you can pair him up with another V2 Ace captain. FC V2 Ace will take care of Rayleigh stage 4 burst. Your V2 Ace will be used on Luffy first turn. And on the revive, all you need is Halloween Doffy to get rid of resilience and provide the ATK+Orb boost.

What you'll need is a 2 turns DEF UP (blue shield) remover for Rayleigh. Someone like Legend INT Jinbe.

And then for Halloween Luffy, you might want someone to get rid of BLK orbs and get matching orbs (or you could just skip a turn and tank the 35k hit or so, should be easy with Ace). This F2P INT Wedding Pudding or INT RR Boa will help you with orb control. You could also try find a V2 Akainu friend captain.

Here are some teams using V2 Ace :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLCOwlNmUX0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64S9_DEWZBc
https://www.nakama.network/teams/18123/details
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSc_NDSqFL4

If 60 stamina is too hard for your box, you can run 40 stamina or 50 stamina to complete the Chopperman Missions and get extra copies. With 4x skill up tomorrow, you shouldn't need more than 20-25 copies.

Still baffling to me Katakuri 6+ isn't out yet, people should be using him to farm Halloween Luffy. Kizuna Sabo will definitely start before he's available. He's pretty good for the PSY version if you don't run a "V2 Ace friendly" team. Can only think of one reason : making V2 Ace much more desirable. As Ryu said though, at least you can just collect tokens in the first few days if you just want to run a Kata 6+ team. :)

Colo Oars is surprisingly more useful than you'd expect. Actually used him a few times, he's pretty good against Raid Carrot next month. Future Coliseum units are all pretty valuable I'd say.

Also, I think we have more 1h windows for the Skill-Up? Or not? Need to have a look. Again. Anyway, need to figure out the timing because I'm timezone-illiterate.
Anyway, looks stacked again. Finally, there was nearly no content the last few days.

Do we have the windows yet? 4x is definitely going to be 1h windows.

Went ahead and did a pull and immediately regretted it. Got nothing new. What's worse, the first 2 pulls were RR Ace like the game was mocking me.

Awww. At least keep those extra RR Ace, his support is pretty great (1.3x ATK for QCK units) and will be useful in the future!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Just noticed Halloween Luffy's LB sailor ability actually boosts Fighter HP by 10%, instead of a flat number. That's a pretty rare sailor ability to have (and obviously makes Halloween Ace teams that much tankier). Nifty.

(Also I'm glad I checked him for LB at all, I didn't think he had it since the Halloween units usually don't. But his XP costs and skill-ups are that of a raid boss)

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh pretty cool how all 4 April's Fool Wano units are F2P. O-Robi was from a mail, Usohachi was the final poster on All Usopp free multi, Franosuke cost 7 RP on the RayShop and Zorojuro is obtainable once you beat his 0 stamina island.

Easy day today, been farming Halloween Luffy on Global and Raid Jinbe on JP.

Hmm well if you run your V2 Ace, you can pair him up with another V2 Ace captain. FC V2 Ace will take care of Rayleigh stage 4 burst. Your V2 Ace will be used on Luffy first turn. And on the revive, all you need is Halloween Doffy to get rid of resilience and provide the ATK+Orb boost.

What you'll need is a 2 turns DEF UP (blue shield) remover for Rayleigh. Someone like Legend INT Jinbe.

And then for Halloween Luffy, you might want someone to get rid of BLK orbs and get matching orbs (or you could just skip a turn and tank the 35k hit or so, should be easy with Ace). This F2P INT Wedding Pudding or INT RR Boa will help you with orb control. You could also try find a V2 Akainu friend captain.

Here are some teams using V2 Ace :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLCOwlNmUX0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64S9_DEWZBc
https://www.nakama.network/teams/18123/details
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSc_NDSqFL4

If 60 stamina is too hard for your box, you can run 40 stamina or 50 stamina to complete the Chopperman Missions and get extra copies. With 4x skill up tomorrow, you shouldn't need more than 20-25 copies.

Still baffling to me Katakuri 6+ isn't out yet, people should be using him to farm Halloween Luffy. Kizuna Sabo will definitely start before he's available. He's pretty good for the PSY version if you don't run a "V2 Ace friendly" team. Can only think of one reason : making V2 Ace much more desirable. As Ryu said though, at least you can just collect tokens in the first few days if you just want to run a Kata 6+ team. :)

Colo Oars is surprisingly more useful than you'd expect. Actually used him a few times, he's pretty good against Raid Carrot next month. Future Coliseum units are all pretty valuable I'd say.

Do we have the windows yet? 4x is definitely going to be 1h windows.

Awww. At least keep those extra RR Ace, his support is pretty great (1.3x ATK for QCK units) and will be useful in the future!

Yeah, the time window was out already. This Reddit thread is good:

Click on the timer of the 4x and you see how much time is left until the 4x starts.

It really might be that we have three 4x windows. Of course if it's the same pattern again that the 1h window also is the 4x. Will try in 2h and 50minutes from this post in that case.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Oh Halloween Luffy's an actual unit. I just thought he was like, a fortnight unit. Wasn't prepared to limit break him.

PSA. 4x skill-up active for this current hour

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Can confirm the current skill up that ends in 45 mins is 4x! Just maxed out Halloween Luffy in 20 copies :)

I actually got a sugo related to the pull, got Ace with a 30!

Is he any good?

Wow that's amazing luck. You mean INT Ace right? He's a very good and tanky Fighter and Shooter captain.

JPN

Pulled Legend Usopp from the free April Fools multi - lol.

Halloween Ace ? He is VERY good - congrats.

I pulled Legend Usopp too on JP lol.

Also forgot to say but if you clear Raid Jinbe 5 times on any difficulty, you get a free pull with just 3D2Y units (though old ones too).
And if you clear with a team of only PSY/STR you can get 5 gems. Should be easy since you have Shanks Crew :)

Yeah, the time window was out already. This Reddit thread is good:

Click on the timer of the 4x and you see how much time is left until the 4x starts.

It really might be that we have three 4x windows. Of course if it's the same pattern again that the 1h window also is the 4x. Will try in 2h and 50minutes from this post in that case.

Thanks for this, looks like the 1h windows will be 4x again this year. Good luck with skill up!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
4x is active now until the end of the hour! Just went full 10/10 on the new Luffy. Gogogo

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This skill-up was a godsend. Was pretty close to 100% skill-up rate. Awesome!

looks into news

3 new Neo units for me tomorrow.

"When Skill-Up, Bandai?"

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
PSA about Condoriano : he's a guaranteed ambush after Raid Halloween Luffy (any difficulty?) and also FN Galette. Make sure to farm 5 extra copies because his support ability is pretty decent.

Ryu Our boy did it again! #NoDankeBandai #NoBellissimo

Just noticed Halloween Luffy's LB sailor ability actually boosts Fighter HP by 10%, instead of a flat number. That's a pretty rare sailor ability to have (and obviously makes Halloween Ace teams that much tankier). Nifty.

(Also I'm glad I checked him for LB at all, I didn't think he had it since the Halloween units usually don't. But his XP costs and skill-ups are that of a raid boss)

Yeah by all accounts he's a raid unit. I was pretty hyped for him once he was first announced but have to admit, I hardly ever used him until I pulled Halloween Ace. I still think it's pretty great that V2 Ace's two best subs are pretty much F2P units.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I pulled Legend Usopp too on JP lol.

Also forgot to say but if you clear Raid Jinbe 5 times on any difficulty, you get a free pull with just 3D2Y units (though old ones too).
And if you clear with a team of only PSY/STR you can get 5 gems. Should be easy since you have Shanks Crew :)
At first i thought the red ticket was part of some April Fool jokes - but you actually can get Legend Usopp from there lol. Grats on getting him as well.

Thanks for the Raid Jinbei scoop, i didnt know about the extra rewards and was gonna ignore it. Now im gonna try to clear the easiest stage 5 times at least.

Speaking of which - relates to Global and Japan - the QoL feature that allows us to tackle every stage for 0 stamina until the first clear has made this game much more enjoyable. Tackling stages blind and see how far you team can make it is actually quite fun - if it doesnt work out you can still switch things up or look for better setups/strategies online.

PSY/STR mean i can use 3 of my 4 core units with Shanks Pirates/Carina/Vivi&Rebecca -no Kuro&Jango though...well lets see how it works out.

PS. Are skulls ever on sale in Japan ? 10k per piece seems really steep.
Gonna have to buy them in the future to evolve G4 into Snakeman.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Just in case, looks like we're one x4 skill up again. Almost Skill maxed luffy now

Yup, went 12/12 on my Luffy copies. Looks like the guess about higher rates for smaller time windows is correct (because why wouldn't it be?) No concerns on maxing him now since I still have to run this a bit more for the gems anyway.

Might get a few Halloween Sugar and Vivi copies for the next 4x since I'm still a few levels off on each of them and they're decent units. Note that all the Halloween stuff running right now appears to be boosted for TM (outside of the original HW Strawhats), so they might come in handy. I think I sold off my Halloween Rebecca at some point.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Yup, went 12/12 on my Luffy copies. Looks like the guess about higher rates for smaller time windows is correct (because why wouldn't it be?) No concerns on maxing him now since I still have to run this a bit more for the gems anyway.

Might get a few Halloween Sugar and Vivi copies for the next 4x since I'm still a few levels off on each of them and they're decent units. Note that all the Halloween stuff running right now appears to be boosted for TM (outside of the original HW Strawhats), so they might come in handy. I think I sold off my Halloween Rebecca at some point.
I think i'm only missing Halloween Corazon from them, some of them might not be skill maxed but i have time. I have to clear the 0 STA too.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Got my 25 Luffy runs done so can move on to FN Galette now. Sadly won't be able to skill up Stampede Brook during the last 4x skill up window in 1h30.

On JP, maxed out Raid Jinbe, can start working on V2 Colo Inu now. He doesn't seem too bad, saw a Luffy/Zoro team that seems fun to use.

At first i thought the red ticket was part of some April Fool jokes - but you actually can get Legend Usopp from there lol. Grats on getting him as well.

Thanks for the Raid Jinbei scoop, i didnt know about the extra rewards and was gonna ignore it. Now im gonna try to clear the easiest stage 5 times at least.

Speaking of which - relates to Global and Japan - the QoL feature that allows us to tackle every stage for 0 stamina until the first clear has made this game much more enjoyable. Tackling stages blind and see how far you team can make it is actually quite fun - if it doesnt work out you can still switch things up or look for better setups/strategies online.

PSY/STR mean i can use 3 of my 4 core units with Shanks Pirates/Carina/Vivi&Rebecca -no Kuro&Jango though...well lets see how it works out.

PS. Are skulls ever on sale in Japan ? 10k per piece seems really steep.
Gonna have to buy them in the future to evolve G4 into Snakeman.

Yup you should be able to clear the easiest difficulty easily with your team. :)
And yeah 0 stamina until first clear is a game changer! My favourite QoL aside from stackable items.

RayShop on JP isn't as good as its Global counterpart. We might get discounted skulls during 6th anni, in little less than 2 months. Think last time they were down to 7.5k, it was during New Year.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully i managed to hit the final 4x skillup fools day time slot - max skilled Halloween Luffy with 16 copies, solid xD
Also max skilled Stampede Chopper, Brook and Robin with with a couple books from the FN.
Yup you should be able to clear the easiest difficulty easily with your team. :)
And yeah 0 stamina until first clear is a game changer! My favourite QoL aside from stackable items.

RayShop on JP isn't as good as its Global counterpart. We might get discounted skulls during 6th anni, in little less than 2 months. Think last time they were down to 7.5k, it was during New Year.
Yeah this was easier than expected, even cleared 40stam.
7.5k per skull so 15k in total is still expensive but much better than the current 20k - def. gonna wait till the Anni.

btw. These Joke April Fool Strawhats are actually not that bad lol. They come in max skilled and have some useful skill for beginner players, we have come along way with many of these very easy to obtainable free units actually being not trash.
Always nice to wake up to 5 apologems!

Good Guy Bandai is back??!!
Niiiice.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.. Skill maxed a lot of units I have. Was a good time to get rid of all the skillbooks, also the silver ones the don't guarantee a skillup. All halloween units maxed. Nearly all legends. But had to stay awake for a long time lol. Needed to use all 3 timeslots. The only ones that aren't maxed are some older RR and Story units. Was really nice from Bandai.

The NEO raids can't be done with 2x. I hate this stuff. Why would you give us three raids and at the same time not give us the option that it isn't that time consuming.

Also, I didn't get a gem for completing all restricted versions of Pica, but I did get a gem for completing all the restricted versions of Sabo and Bellamy. According to Reddit that should not be the case?!
The 30sta and the 40sta from Sabo can only be done a few times a day but keep in mind you can actually beat those with Buggy. And the first time is always free every day. So basically free copies and a bit of stamina. Otherwise, nothing to do. I actually look forward to TM, used up nearly all my LB Material and also all my tickets to LB max the older TM units that I didn't have.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbowed usopps April fool raid since he apparently can be limit broken. And why not?

otherwise back to FN farming. Easy week with TM next week I believe

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
As the only one still working, I can't say I'm looking forward to... Ah who am I kidding, I'm never looking forward to TM. Let me have my monthly gripe.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Of note:
www.animenewsnetwork.com

One Piece Manga Has 470 Million Copies in Print Worldwide

Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga has 470 million copies in print worldwide as of the release of the 96th compiled book volume on Friday. That total includes...
So it´ll break 500 mil in about 2021. Comparing this to US comics makes no sense but Batman is about to go down:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_comic_series
Only Superman will soon be left at the top with 600+ mil. War bonds and WW2 in general sold a crazy amount there and with Batman.
I stopped caring about the manga shorty after the time jump and only flip though it to follow the bestselling manga of all time but results are results.

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Working from home which actually means less free time for OPTC. Won't be able to go too hard on the upcoming TM. I'll try at least to stay in the top 4k.

Done with my 20 runs of FN Galette. Will probably keep running that in the next couple days since there's nothing else to do until Kizuna Sabo hits. Wouldn't mind some more Stampede Brook books since I couldn't max him out during skill up yesterday.

On JP been farming the new V2 Colo Inu with this team.

It's working pretty well with limited stalling need. Only missing 6 LB orbs, been pretty lucky for once. Might be done with limit break before I max out his special ^^;

Yeah this was easier than expected, even cleared 40stam.
7.5k per skull so 15k in total is still expensive but much better than the current 20k - def. gonna wait till the Anni.

btw. These Joke April Fool Strawhats are actually not that bad lol. They come in max skilled and have some useful skill for beginner players, we have come along way with many of these very easy to obtainable free units actually being not trash.

Indeed the lower stamina versions are pretty easy nowadays, especially when you have the more recent OP legends. :)
Will try to warn you next time I see skulls on sale on JP. Snakeman is definitely worth spending your RP on yeah. Especially since we hardly ever get Ray Shop tickets on JP.

Yeah these April Fool SH are pretty solid really, better than a lot of older RRs!

Hmm.. Skill maxed a lot of units I have. Was a good time to get rid of all the skillbooks, also the silver ones the don't guarantee a skillup. All halloween units maxed. Nearly all legends. But had to stay awake for a long time lol. Needed to use all 3 timeslots. The only ones that aren't maxed are some older RR and Story units. Was really nice from Bandai.

The NEO raids can't be done with 2x. I hate this stuff. Why would you give us three raids and at the same time not give us the option that it isn't that time consuming.

Also, I didn't get a gem for completing all restricted versions of Pica, but I did get a gem for completing all the restricted versions of Sabo and Bellamy. According to Reddit that should not be the case?!
The 30sta and the 40sta from Sabo can only be done a few times a day but keep in mind you can actually beat those with Buggy. And the first time is always free every day. So basically free copies and a bit of stamina. Otherwise, nothing to do. I actually look forward to TM, used up nearly all my LB Material and also all my tickets to LB max the older TM units that I didn't have.

Don't lose sleep over those Neo units if you can't max them out, they are all pretty outdated nowadays, especially since they have no LB nor support. I think Pica is more recent and they stopped giving a gem for completing them all. But yeah that inconsistency is very annoying.

Rainbowed usopps April fool raid since he apparently can be limit broken. And why not?

otherwise back to FN farming. Easy week with TM next week I believe

We should be getting Kizuna Sabo, 6+ V1 Kata skull island and Colo Oars within the next 10 days so that should be something to look forward to at least.

Of note:
www.animenewsnetwork.com

One Piece Manga Has 470 Million Copies in Print Worldwide

Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga has 470 million copies in print worldwide as of the release of the 96th compiled book volume on Friday. That total includes...
So it´ll break 500 mil in about 2021. Comparing this to US comics makes no sense but Batman is about to go down:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_comic_series
Only Superman will soon be left at the top with 600+ mil. War bonds and WW2 in general sold a crazy amount there and with Batman.
I stopped caring about the manga shorty after the time jump and only flip though it to follow the bestselling manga of all time but results are results.

Crazy numbers. Had no idea One Piece was reaching Batman level of sales. Never cease to amaze me how popular One Piece still is. And also the fact it's mostly popular in Japan. Even in France/Belgium, which has a huge manga market, it's nowhere near as big as Naruto was.
I definitely lost interest in the manga after the timeskip, I only caught up and went through the recent arcs a year or so ago.
I enjoy following the new chapters weekly again now but I definitely think One Piece best days are in the past. I'll still stick until the end but nothing will beat that magic of the first decade for me.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I started reading OP/Jump in 2001 BlindCom and stopped with OP in maybe 2017. I then went back in 2019 and speed read to the point of being caught up which I remain. I only liked the 1st half of the Sanji arc after the jump. I honestly stopped caring after I guess Impel Down. So about a decade ago.

OP is huge in all sorts of ways:
kotaku.com

Inside Japan's New One Piece Theme Park

Dubbed "Tokyo One Piece Tower," this is Japan's first large-scale One Piece theme park. As Kotaku reported last year, this theme park (and it's explicitly being called a "theme park" or テーマパーク in Japanese) marks the 15th anniversary of the One Piece anime. Pretty cool, huh?
OdaibaTen7.png

The longer manga only list. Mostly up to date (fix if you see mistakes Era):
Even the per volume sold figures for OP are HUGE. So it´s not just the 100+ volumes (there are spin-offs) that gave us the industry-leading numbers.
The anime´s TV rating are less bonkers but it´s still in the Top 10 (No. 6 last week):
www.animenewsnetwork.com

Japanese Animation TV Ranking, March 16-22

3rd live-action Chihayafuru film earns 3.7% rating

The only year since 2000 (the anime began in 1999) that may not have had a new OP game was lastly 2017 as I only see ports (haha ports, get it?) there:

Last edited:

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Crazy numbers. Had no idea One Piece was reaching Batman level of sales. Never cease to amaze me how popular One Piece still is. And also the fact it's mostly popular in Japan. Even in France/Belgium, which has a huge manga market, it's nowhere near as big as Naruto was.
One Piece was outselling Naruto in France from 2011 onward, One Piece is plenty popular worldwide, hell for how much people say Bleach is more popular than OP outside of Japan, Bleach has 30 while OP has 80.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
One Piece was outselling Naruto in France from 2011 onward, One Piece is plenty popular worldwide, hell for how much people say Bleach is more popular than OP outside of Japan, Bleach has 30 while OP has 80.

Oh yeah poor wording on my part, I didn't mean to imply One Piece wasn't popular worldwide but it's nowhere near as dominant as it should have been abroad. Worked as an editor in a manga magazine during the year 2000s and you could tell there was a massive Naruto craze. Both the manga and the anime were incredibly popular to the point we tried to put it on our covers as often as possible to generate more sales. One Piece was that juggernaut in Japan but somehow it didn't resonate as strongly here.

Regarding the sales in France/Belgium, it's important to note that One Piece only started outselling Naruto in France because Naruto switched to 3 published volumes per year by Kana while Glénat was steadily releasing 4 volumes of One Piece per year.

My family also owned a manga and japanimation shop and during the "golden era", between 2000 and 2010, Naruto was easily outselling One Piece. It wasn't just the manga or the DVDs, goodies like posters and figures too. To put it this way, Naruto was the face of the new wave of manga. People who were not interested in the medium would still recognize him. One Piece was more for "manga connoisseurs".

Always saddened me that One Piece wasn't as massive as it was in Japan here. DBZ, Saint Seiya were replaced by Naruto pretty much. To my dismay since I never liked Naruto. I thought it was pretty decent until the first tournament ended.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Oof. TM Shira looks... very meh. Healing and defense reduction is nice but nothing game changing. There are RRs that are better than this unit and I don't think she really brings anything much to the table

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Oof. TM Shira looks... very meh. Healing and defense reduction is nice but nothing game changing. There are RRs that are better than this unit and I don't think she really brings anything much to the table

Yeah, (situational) six turns of damage reduction is kind of neat, but I don't know when you'd ever need it. Maybe there'll be a raid boss with six turns of damage nullification. :P

Actually my biggest disappointment with this TM batch was that I was hoping they'd finally give us an Otohime unit. Have another Hody, I guess.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Regarding the sales in France/Belgium, it's important to note that One Piece only started outselling Naruto in France because Naruto switched to 3 published volumes per year by Kana while Glénat was steadily releasing 4 volumes of One Piece per year.

My family also owned a manga and japanimation shop and during the "golden era", between 2000 and 2010, Naruto was easily outselling One Piece. It wasn't just the manga or the DVDs, goodies like posters and figures too. To put it this way, Naruto was the face of the new wave of manga. People who were not interested in the medium would still recognize him. One Piece was more for "manga connoisseurs".

myanimelist.net

France's Manga Sales

Yearly Circulation 2005-2009 Yearly Circulation 2010-2014 Series Sales 2010 Source 2009 Source Volume Sales 2015 2014 Source 2013 Source 2012 Source 2011 Source 2008 Source 2007 Source 2006 Source 2005 Source Huge thanks to Agafin, bigivelfhq, TheNextChamp, toutoune134 and tsudecimo!

While maybe the was the case to help outsell overall, One Piece were outselling Naruto volumes on average towards the end.

So was One Piece popular at the shop?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Am i the only one having crazy long initial loading times with the game ? Feels like it takes over a minute everytime i boot it up. Not a big issue but....i dont understand it where these long load time come from ever now and then.